Some YaBBse Mods should be "standard"

Started by Surfy, August 03, 2003, 10:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Lewis

Quote from: TheDel on August 03, 2003, 09:56:24 PM
Quick Reply
Avatar Upload(See someone already requested)
BookMarks
Whos Online
IM popup notification

I think there were already decided to add in but I could be wrong.
Co-Founder of SMF

David

You'll never see a photo gallery as a standard feature.  ;)
This space for rent.

TheDel

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on August 03, 2003, 10:02:33 PM
Quote from: TheDel on August 03, 2003, 09:56:24 PM
Quick Reply
Avatar Upload(See someone already requested)
BookMarks
Whos Online
IM popup notification

I think there were already decided to add in but I could be wrong.

Hopefully thats a yes!
Cool- you guys rule!

Quote from: David on August 03, 2003, 10:03:13 PM
You'll never see a photo gallery as a standard feature.  ;)

Thats one I just noticed and figured Id try and sneak in. My bad!

Jeff Lewis

Quote from: TheDel on August 03, 2003, 10:10:04 PM
Thats one I just noticed and figured Id try and sneak in. My bad!

Hey, you'll never know if you don't ask right ;)
Co-Founder of SMF

sensovision

I'm voting for Quick Reply, Whos Online, and Avatar Upload  ;)  Bookmark feature was useless on my board but I should admit it was extrimely helpful on YaBB community so I think it's worth to be included as well.
If I also may suggest it would be useful to see on this page"View forum access log" IPs of registered members converted to their membernames(like it was in times of YaBB Gold).

TheDel

While I did request the MemberMap, I was hoping for Gobalopper's version with the selectable Continents. With all due respect to either Joseph or Jeff(whichever one added the one on the main SE page)

mephisto_kur

Another vote for the Quick Reply.  Just about every software out there has this as either a feature or a mod.  I can't live without this.  If you guys don't put it in, I'll sit in a corner and babble to myself for a little while (or until the mod gets updated to work).
She put her foot down on the oscillation pedal - she was a transdimensional speeder!

[Unknown]

Patience.

Access log has been removed and you can add it again with a mod.

I will never ever ever be happy with adding a photo gallery.

I also don't personally like the member map, but it might get added..

Everything will turn on and off, and if/when bookmarks are added they will be permission'd.

-[Unknown]

Tony Reid

[Unknown] - May I ask why you dont feel a photo gallery is something that you will feel happy with?

Tony Reid

Gobalopper

Because this is forum software. A photo gallery could be a mod or a portal but there is no reason to include it in the base install.

Behr

UnDelete Mod (which is working remarkably well on my 1.5.x install)
Grudge's visual warning system.

i agree, photogallery shud be considered add-on and not included in base install.

-Behr

BiErLeEuW

Another vote for Quick Reply, because it's a standard for most other boards and my members always use it :)

Surfy

Quote from: Behr on August 04, 2003, 04:28:06 AM
UnDelete Mod (which is working remarkably well on my 1.5.x install)

i agree, photogallery shud be considered add-on and not included in base install.

-Behr

Wow, this 2 important Mod`s are not on my List :

UnDelete Mod

They should be too in the Standardpackage  ;)

Overseer

[Unknown]

vincent

I'd rather wait a month then that I've to install within 3 weeks a couple of updates...

At this pooint, "everyone" has a great YaBBSE 1.5.x running, without that many bugs...
So let's wait till it's done :)
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

[Unknown]

Quote from: vincent on August 04, 2003, 05:50:27 AM
I'd rather wait a month then that I've to install within 3 weeks a couple of updates...

At this pooint, "everyone" has a great YaBBSE 1.5.x running, without that many bugs...
So let's wait till it's done :)

Don't get me wrong, I am planning a quite intensive beta process - part of that is this very forum, which is being kept up to date with most of the recent CVS changes.

-[Unknown]

Overseer

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 04, 2003, 05:38:26 AM
Quote from: Overseer on August 04, 2003, 05:21:14 AM
the more you add the longer it takes ;)

A VERY VERY good point.

-[Unknown]

every techie knows, or learns the pitfalls of 'feature creep' as we call it here ;)

Joel

Quote from: Coyote on August 04, 2003, 03:41:26 AM
[Unknown] - May I ask why you dont feel a photo gallery is something that you will feel happy with?

They'd have to change the name to Complex Machines with Lots of Unrelated Features Forum. ;)

[Unknown]

Quote from: Joel on August 04, 2003, 06:42:41 AM
Quote from: Coyote on August 04, 2003, 03:41:26 AM

They'd have to change the name to Complex Machines with Lots of Unrelated Features Forum. ;)

HAHA.. very true.  And we're not doing that.  Some people want the Calendar removed ::).

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: