News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Deprecated, use Aeva] YouTube BBCode v2.6

Started by Nao 尚, September 27, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olabaz

Quote from: n00dle on July 29, 2008, 12:01:17 AM
I get this error at the top of my page

$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#';

how can i fix this?

I don't know if this makes any sense but I had a similar problem somewhere else.

Make sure the end of the file where that is located is "?>" without the quotes.

shelzmike

Hey all - i  have this mod installed and it works correctly and everything. The button is there; however, the youtube image is not on it - it is just the placeholder image on top of the button. So it seems this is just a simple path error, does anyone a.) know where the image is supposed to be, and b.) where to fix the code for this. Thanks!

Mike

shelzmike

I figured it out. The image was in the themes/default/images/bbc folder - just moved it to the correct folder and now it works!

vlado85

Hi im Vladimir, sorry for my English.

I have problems with installation mod You Tube BBCode 2.3

I trace direction...

1) install YouTube BBCode hxxp:v2.3.zip [nonactive] packet
2) edit Post.template.php
3) edit Modifications.serbian-utf8.php
4) upload icon

results is work You Tube Buton, but still nothing:

I have custom theme, has it been problem?

karlbenson

Double-check that the edits were successfully installed into Sources/Subs.php when the mod installed.

I'm guessing that they haven't been. (for whatever reason).

vlado85

Quote from: karlbenson on August 12, 2008, 09:08:58 AM
Double-check that the edits were successfully installed into Sources/Subs.php when the mod installed.

I'm guessing that they haven't been. (for whatever reason).
Yes i open that file, but i see nothing, this is complex for me.  :(

karlbenson

Double-check all the edits as listed
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=936;attach=58997;smf_version=1.1.5
were made correctly by the installer.
Sometimes for whatever reason the process might not work (usually chmod permissions of the file)

If ALL the edits are made correctly
- admin > posts and topics > bulletin board code > check that youtube bbcode is enabled/checked.
- are there any errors in your smf error log

vlado85

Yes its work... Big thanks, and greatings from Serb Republic...

Guns

Hi Karl,
I love the mod and have it working 90% and need a little hand actually getting it to play the video.
I am running 1.1.5 and I have made sure that the relevant code is where it is meant to be according to the instructions.
I am using the babylon theme but it doesn't have it's own theme page and uses the default.
youtube appears in the subs and is checked but no matter what I do I can't get video to actually play.
The video shows on the post and even shows an image from the video but as soon as you click on play it says "We're sorry this video is no longer available" but it is a I just watched it prior to trying the mod out.

The website with the issues is http://www.4hd.net/community/index.php/topic,63.0.html and you should be able to see it as a guest.
Can you please take a look and see what you think the issue could be.
I am not worried about there being no youtube button as for now I'd like to keep this facility for admin to post videos but I don't have an issue with members posting them.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Guns

karlbenson

That video is not allowed to be embedded.

If you view the link at youtube you'll see that it states.
"Embedding disabled by request"

That video cannot be embedded anywhere other than at youtube.

AbsoluteZer0

Great mod, it works just fine on my 1.1.4... Well, almost, the mod itself works great, but after auto installing it, I see this at the top of my forum now:

Quote$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#';

Do you know why it does that? And how I might be able to fix it? Thanks. :)

karlbenson

For some reason there must have been an issue with your Modification.english.php file.
Maybe space or tabs after the ?> at the end of the file.

Therefore.
Open Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
and
Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php (if your using utf8)

And move ?> right to the very bottom. Make sure there are no lines or tabbing or spaces after it.

AbsoluteZer0

Yeah, I see it's out of place, this is what I have here at the end:

Quote// Help
$txt['arcade_max_scores_help'] = 'Maximum scores that will be stored per member. (0 means unlimited)';
$txt['arcade_membergroups_help'] = 'These groups will be allowed to play and view highscores. Others will not see this game, only used if permission mode will use game permissions.';?>
$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube';
$txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#';

The ?> isn't at the end, but when I moved it, like this:

Quote// Help
$txt['arcade_max_scores_help'] = 'Maximum scores that will be stored per member. (0 means unlimited)';
$txt['arcade_membergroups_help'] = 'These groups will be allowed to play and view highscores. Others will not see this game, only used if permission mode will use game permissions.';
$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube';
$txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#';
?>

It doesn't seem to change anything... Could it be because I'm using a custom theme? I looked in the theme's language files though and couldn't find anything wrong with it though. (Come to think of it, I didn't even find the word youtube in it...) So I assumed that it's just using the same as the default.

Never mind, fixed it, I had to edit the utf8 one as well, it's fixed now. Thanks for the help!  :D

karlbenson

Are you using any other language than english?
if so that languages Modifications.{language}.php will also need fixing aswell.
Are you using english-utf8? if so you need to do it to the utf8 version aswell.

ctrl+f5 to force refresh.

P.S If you using SMF 1.1.4, you need to upgrade to SMF 1.1.5 ASAP due to a vulnerability which has been fixed.

AbsoluteZer0

Quote from: karlbenson on August 20, 2008, 01:43:06 PM
Are you using any other language than english?
if so that languages Modifications.{language}.php will also need fixing aswell.
Are you using english-utf8? if so you need to do it to the utf8 version aswell.

ctrl+f5 to force refresh.

P.S If you using SMF 1.1.4, you need to upgrade to SMF 1.1.5 ASAP due to a vulnerability which has been fixed.

Yeah, it was the utf-8, it's fixed now. And if I upgrade, will it mess with the mods and themes I already have?

karlbenson

If you upgrade INSIDE smf, it shouldn't mess up any mods/themes.
If you had to use an upgrade package from smf downloads, then you would lose your mods/themes.

Remember to backup database and all files first.

WX

I've attempted this mod before on another site and it worked perfectly.

Although I'm having some troubles adding it to another site hxxp:www.flash-deck.com [nonactive]

The youtube button works, it shows the data

I've added the code to the language folder Modifications.english.php

but the code does not recognize what its suppose to do.

hxxp:www.flash-deck.com/forum/index.php?topic=331.0 [nonactive]

karlbenson

Double-check the edit that smf was supposed to make to Sources/Subs.php to add the youtube support.

WX

what would I be checking for / adding to the subs.php ?

I've opened it.

Thanks for your assistance by the way.

Advertisement: