[Deprecated, use Aeva] YouTube BBCode v2.6

Started by Nao 尚, September 27, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deafpositive

I got something like

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/deafkli6/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1490

deafpositive

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/deafkli6/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1490

thanks goodness for back up files

karlbenson

Have you managed to fix it?

Were you doing the edit manually?

deafpositive

No, It not working and I was using FTP to fix it
I will review it again. 
I just kind of gave up yesterday and just adding link there.

karlbenson

I've not had anyone else have any issues with mod.

deafpositive

I think the problem is
/home/deafkli6/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1490

where home shouldn't be there.
I wlll look at it later tonight

ianus

Greetings!

I don`t want to be obtrusive, but I really need some help.
Error description can be found here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=197280.msg1680258#msg1680258

The translation of the error, see attached image, is maybe Failure to open http: //url operation aborted.

If you need more informations, or if my description isn`t complete, please let me know.

karlbenson

Apologies for not giving a reply earlier Ianus.

Unfortunately I've got no idea of how to fix it.  It would appear to be an issue with lightbox and possibly some of the javascript.
However I've got both installed  (my older version of lightbox) on my test forum without any issues.

Even though I was the original author of the lightbox mod, in fact, the javascript comes from lightbox and is pretty much unedited.

Suggestions:
Either uninstall the lightbox or uninstall the youtube mod.
Whilst there isn't an alternative for lightbox, there are several other 'lightbox' type libraries on the net (Greybox, Thickbox), but are not in mod format.

if you don't feel comfortable doing that, then uninstall the youtube mod and checkout my auto embed video/audio clips mod. ;)

deafpositive

Quote from: karlbenson on September 16, 2008, 06:50:20 PM
I've not had anyone else have any issues with mod.
okay

Im working on them now let see how it goes

the installation seem to be  for SMF 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 & SMF 2.0 Beta 1

but I have  SMF 1.1.6 
now Im confused.

karlbenson

This mod should work on any 1.1.x or 2.x version

ianus

Greetings!

Thanks for your suggestions.
I like to have both mods installed, so I have to figure out another solution.

First I have installed your Auto Embed Video/Audio Clips mod.
This is working as aspected. Like your other mods, it is perfect.

But I don`t like this solution. I prefer to use bbcode because sometimes somebody want to give only a link but don`t want to show the movie, because of copyrights for example. Than I have to explain (again and again) that it`s necessary to use [nobbc].

Than I have switched from Integrate Lightbox 1.6 from quake101 to your Integrate Lightbox 1.4.
Well, this version is working together with the YouTube mod!

I think, it's time to ask quake101 now.
It's OK for me to run the 1.4 Version at the moment, but having the future in mind (and smf2), it will become necessary to use a later version again.

So, thanks for your kind reply and thanks for your fantastic modifications.

karlbenson

v2.4 - 5th October 2008
o Ensured compatible with SMF 2.0 Beta 4 and SMF 1.1.6
o Added YouTube FullScreen parameter (so player shows full screen button)
o Fixed encoded ampersands as &
o Added Support for YouTube India (in), South Korea (kr) and Israel (il)
o Moved all language strings into a single file [languagestrings.xml] (save repetition) in the package

rad1701

Is there a code or a way to embed the HIGH QUALITY version of Youtube videos?  I searched a bit and it seems in things like Wordpress if you add this code to the end of the Youtube link:  &ap=%2526fmt%3D18  then it shows the HQ version.  I tried adding that with your Mod on my SMF 1.1.6 forum but it still played the low qual. clip.  Any tips on a way to do this?? 

tyhgdgh

is there a way to make it use embed codes, instead of the URL?

timduda

I installed it properly, the icon is there, when i press the icon i get ytube opening and closing brackets-but when i put the youtube link inside and post it there's no video....just the code as it was in the post>
I'm using 1.1.6

Thanks

sombra

great mod.

working great in smf version 2.0.4

but i got a question its normal to have this errors on the log

http://.net/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=youtube_bbcode_v2.4.zip
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: fopen(/home/..../public_html/Sources/Subs.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/..../public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2410

http://.net/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=youtube_bbcode_v2.4.zip
2: fopen(/home/.../public_html/Sources/Subs-Editor.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/.../public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2417

sombra

Gadget..

Thank you for the Mod, I got it all to work after manual installation!

gemigene

Nice mod but if a member replies to comment on the video using "Quote", you also get the video in the reply, is there a way to prevent this?

Cheers,
Gene
"Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven"

Nao 尚

Could someone in the team please update the 1st post in the topic, and the mod page, to specify that support for this mod was dropped? (And NO, I'm not taking over this one... It has no use, it looks like an afterthough, a stripped-down version of Aeva...)

To everyone: you should turn to Aeva, which was created by the same author. This mod is still being supported. It allows you to disallow the embedding of videos inside quotes, and the use of the original embed html, among other things.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Advertisement: