[Deprecated, use Aeva] YouTube BBCode v2.6

Started by Nao 尚, September 27, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jofgav

Awesome, will check out Aeva!

karlbenson

Quote from: searchgr on January 14, 2009, 04:54:08 AM
2. YouTube BBCode
The No.2 most popular mod is not supported anymore! Great!

Well, anyone interested in taking over development of the mod should send a pm to
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=1

Nao 尚

Quote from: regularexpression on January 24, 2009, 07:33:47 AM
Well, anyone interested in taking over development of the mod should send a pm to
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=1
Just to be clear: if anyone takes over development, they won't have authorization to use any code from Aeva.
You can implement Widescreen, HD and everything you like in your tags, but you *can't* use the code/implementation I've written for Aeva to support these. (Unless you have permission from me, of course.)

-- Being my usual wicked witch, but you know you love it.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

drhamad

Having a problem.  I installed it on 2.0rc1 (by hand).  As far as I can tell, there's just 2 edits to Subs.php and one to Subs-Editor.php.  And of course the text string and the graphic upload.  Nothing appears in the post window.  What am I missing?
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Nao 尚

Quote from: drhamad on January 29, 2009, 05:33:34 PM
What am I missing?
The fact that this mod is no longer supported, and that you should use its replacement instead?
Hint: it's mentioned in every single post of the last two pages or so.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

drhamad

Quote from: Nao 尚 on January 29, 2009, 06:21:59 PM
Quote from: drhamad on January 29, 2009, 05:33:34 PM
What am I missing?
The fact that this mod is no longer supported, and that you should use its replacement instead?
Hint: it's mentioned in every single post of the last two pages or so.

Which is apparently not approved for download?

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

Nao 尚

searchgr

Can anybody update this mod? I only use youtube videos for my forum.

karlbenson

In the next few days I might try to find new authors for all of my mods which are still without author.

Although it took weeks/months to find new authors last time.

Nao 尚

Quote from: searchgr on February 23, 2009, 10:02:24 AM
Can anybody update this mod?
Can anybody put this mod into "abandoned" state? ::) It's been nearly 5 months since it's been given up, and a month since Karl last asked for someone to take over. And no, I'm still not doing it. My life's been disastrously Aeva-centric for too long already.
The closest thing I could do, is add optional support for the youtube tag inside Aeva 6. To ease transition between this mod and Aeva.

QuoteI only use youtube videos for my forum.
Of course my biased suggestion, as you may have read above... :D
Install Aeva, run the YT->Aeva conversion script to remove the [youtube] tags, and disable everything but YT in the site list. (Although I don't see why would anyone do that but it's up to you.)
Say hello to widescreen, HD and more. (v6.0 coming this week.)

Oh, that's post #1969... The year of the Crimson King...

drhamad

Nao, where is this conversion script?

Thank you.

Nao 尚

See attachment. :)
Works for most bbcodes (youtube, veoh, dailymotion, etc.)

drhamad

searchgr

Nao, does your mod has the same code with the embeded videos of Karl? I have experienced problems with that mod, that's why i don't use it. My server created core dump files becuse of that mod and this is the reason that i use the youtube mod.

Please read here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=265441.msg1681796#msg1681796

Nao 尚

I fixed the core dump bug soon after I took over Aeva's development. Was one of my first priorities ;)
To be specific, it was due to the "disable embedding in quotes" feature which, when enabled, would sometimes crash (or at least generate errors in the log) when showing complicated multi-level quotes. As soon as I was able to reproduce on my site, I worked on it for a day and then figured out a replacement for the "king of regex" which Karl had taken from php.net and which was actually very buggy :)

Oh sorry, I suppose you don't care about *how* I fixed it ;)

searchgr

This is very interesting. Yes, the problem was appearing when i quoted some specific texts.
I will try AEVA.

Is there any conflict between aeva and youtube mod?

Nao 尚

Nope. You can have both running. Still, I'd recommend to uninstall YTBBC and run the upgrade script I posted above.

searchgr

How can i run it? Upload it to the main directory and go to www.mypage.com/convert_old_video_bbcodes.php ?

Advertisement: