News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Deprecated, use Aeva] YouTube BBCode v2.6

Started by Nao 尚, September 27, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oskarlover

i had convert my old php fusion forum to SMF and i have lot of
and i really need to make videos work again, so can anyone upgrade to RC 2.0 2.0

Arantor

As Nao said, look through the thread, I'm sure it's documented.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Oskarlover on December 28, 2009, 08:40:55 AM
and i really need to make videos work again, so can anyone upgrade to RC 2.0 2.0
There's a converter script in Aeva and Aeva Media.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Oskarlover

Quote from: Naolington on December 28, 2009, 10:10:18 AM
Quote from: Oskarlover on December 28, 2009, 08:40:55 AM
There's a converter script in Aeva and Aeva Media.

i dint see it, can u tell me where is it?

Nao 尚

In the package zips... aeva_convert_old_bbc.php or something.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

dcmouser

great mod -- thank you for sharing!
proud member of donationcoder.com (forum)

MH-MINI

Hi, when I'm installing this I get the following. I can still install it but the youtube BBCode button doesn't appear. But the actual bbcode works. What's causing this error?

2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Subs-Editor.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs-Editor.php    Test failed

Arantor

Because the bbcode hasn't been updated for 2.0 RC2.

leftezi

QuoteIn the package zips... aeva_convert_old_bbc.php or something.

I have used this "convert_old_bbc" script in a Greek forum and all Greek letters that were in posts with youtube videos are turned to question marks (?????????? ???????).
The procedure cannot be undone (undo).
Is there a solution for a such case?

detoam

Quote from: MH-MINI on January 03, 2010, 10:22:53 PM
Hi, when I'm installing this I get the following. I can still install it but the youtube BBCode button doesn't appear. But the actual bbcode works. What's causing this error?

2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Subs-Editor.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs-Editor.php    Test failed

I have had the same issue. I've looked in the file to replace the code myself, but it looks a bit different. I think I know how to do, but I am worried I'll screw things up again. Can you tell me what would be the replacement code for the new 2.0 version?

Nao 尚

@leftezi> I don't know... I never used that script, really. You may want to try this. First of all, reinstall a backup. (You *did* back up your messages table before you ran the script, didn't you?) Then modify this in the script file:

$result['body'] = addslashes($result['body']);

To:

$result['body'] = mysql_real_escape_string($result['body']);

It may do the trick, as it's the same function, but it uses the character set in your database.

@detoam> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=197280.msg2405986#msg2405986

detoam

leftezi

Thanks, Naolington.  :)
This was the test-forum in my home server. I have restored the database and then i used the SQL command that you wrote in post #334 and worked very good. All
inserts are removed successfully.

But if the code above (post #351) is right then this should be included in the script. It's very important for forums with other languages. I have a Greek UTF-8 forum and the Collation in the database is UTF8 general-ci.

I read in this topic here that you will not more develop in the future the YouTubeBBCode.
Is good that you give the solutions to change to Aeva but i have to say that maybe there are more people like me who don't want to install a such "heavy" mod with all this functions and options that are in Aeva. Some times people prefer light solutions with no major changes in the SMF files and database.

You wrote something about a Aeva-light version that you have in mind. Have you decided about this?

Right now i have installed the Aeva Media and testing this in my home server. It's really a great mod with many -  many options and functions, and need some research before the real installation. Maybe i will finally install this in my forum, but i still thinking that a light-version would be useful for many people.
Just my opinion.   :)

Nao 尚

Quote from: leftezi on January 06, 2010, 10:16:49 AM
Thanks, Naolington.  :)
This was the test-forum in my home server. I have restored the database and then i used the SQL command that you wrote in post #334 and worked very good. All
inserts are removed successfully.
Good.

QuoteBut if the code above (post #351) is right then this should be included in the script. It's very important for forums with other languages. I have a Greek UTF-8 forum and the Collation in the database is UTF8 general-ci.
Okay, you said it's a test server, so can you test my change? As it's precisely untested...
- Backup your current DB
- Reinstall your earlier backup (with no youtube changes)
- Apply the change to the script
- Run the script
- Check whether messages were converted correctly this time
- If yes, leave as it. If not, reinstall last good backup.
In any case, please keep me posted.

QuoteI read in this topic here that you will not more develop in the future the YouTubeBBCode.
Ah... Actually, I never worked on YTBBC at all.
Karl Benson wrote the mod.
When he left the SMF project over a year ago, he transmitted the Aeva project to me (which I rewrote a great deal), and the YTBBC project to Runic, who didn't do anything with it. After a while, Runic came to me and asked if I wanted to get the project. I said yes because it seemed logical, as YTBBC is like a subset of Aeva.
Unfortunately I never got around to accepting the idea of adding a YouTube BBC button to Aeva and never updated the YTBBC package in the end. It's still the same old version that Karl wrote back in 2008, with absolutely no changes...

QuoteIs good that you give the solutions to change to Aeva but i have to say that maybe there are more people like me who don't want to install a such "heavy" mod with all this functions and options that are in Aeva.
You know you can disable them all?

QuoteYou wrote something about a Aeva-light version that you have in mind. Have you decided about this?
No.

QuoteRight now i have installed the Aeva Media and testing this in my home server. It's really a great mod with many -  many options and functions, and need some research before the real installation. Maybe i will finally install this in my forum, but i still thinking that a light-version would be useful for many people.
I understand the request, and I myself am very much for small projects etc. But let's face it -- in real life, when I need a 'small' feature for my site, I just code it myself. Whenever I install a 'keeper', it's always a big mod. And I always install them manually, never to update them again... I know the strange feeling of seeing a mod being regularly updated when you can't afford to install it every week, too.
But I'm a man of contradiction.
Just be happy that I'm not charging for these stupid things I spend most of my time working on. ;)

leftezi

Just tested.
The fix did not work. All Greek letters turned to question marks again like before.  :-\
This happens only in posts with
code

Is good that the SQL command worked. This was my first time that i gave a such command in MySQL - PhpMyAdmin and i am proud that its worked!  :D :D

You answered "NO" in my question:
QuoteYou wrote something about a Aeva-light version that you have in mind. Have you decided about this?
You mean you have not decided now or that you never have wrote something about a Aeva-light version (i am not that sure about the second part because i don't remember where i have read this).

Yes. The hand made job is good for experienced user who knows how to handle the code. I am a little bit experienced with the use but have not even the basic knowledge about Php code.  :-[

Thanks for the explanation with the story of this mods. Its good to have the whole picture about them.  ;)

I have attached a picture with a "question marked" post.

Nao 尚

Quote from: leftezi on January 06, 2010, 01:05:39 PM
Just tested.
The fix did not work. All Greek letters turned to question marks again like before.  :-\
Arghhh... :(

QuoteThis happens only in posts with
code
Question: is your forum charset in UTF8, or in ISO-8859-something? (Or even something else?)
I've reworked the file to retrieve the charset, and apply the UTF treatment to the only preg_replace in the code in case it's found.
Could you try it again, by any chance? I've attached it to the post. (It's only useful if you ARE in UTF mode, of course.)

QuoteIs good that the SQL command worked. This was my first time that i gave a such command in MySQL - PhpMyAdmin and i am proud that its worked!  :D :D
Lol, it's always a milestone... ;)

QuoteYou mean you have not decided now or that you never have wrote something about a Aeva-light version (i am not that sure about the second part because i don't remember where i have read this).
I mean it's not in my priority list for now. Aeva Media is not even available officially...

leftezi

As i already wrote:
QuoteI have a Greek UTF-8 forum and the Collation in the database is UTF8 general-ci.

I have tested the new file. No success.  :(
The same question marks again.

Nao 尚

Oh, well........... :( :( :(

I guess I wasted a few hours of my life, as could be expected.

I'll PM Karl to ask him what's happening.

leftezi

Not really necessary (for me) so long the MySQL command works, but still could be helpful for more unexperienced users.

Nao 尚

I'm just worried that I've never heard about this issue before not because it didn't happen, but because people didn't notice because they didn't have many posts with the youtube tag...

Advertisement: