News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Deprecated, use Aeva] YouTube BBCode v2.6

Started by Nao 尚, September 27, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamarck

Nao,thanks for your "ironic" post,but I (like other users) don't want to install a heavy mod such as aeva media just to use youtube links.It's as simple as this,nothing more.
I'm not saying that aeva media is bad (it's a great mod),I only think that it doesn't fit what I (and others) need.
Because of that,I said that I hope someone else make a youtube mod in the future,nothing more.

So I don't need laughs,ironic comments,etc I'm just writing my point of view and expressing my needs as a simply user.

Good luck with your mod and thanks.

Arantor

Actually, all the time this mod exists, no other one will - duplicates are not permitted on the mod site, generally.

Nao 尚

Lamarck, you must be such a funny guy to live with, if you won't take a little irony.
Don't forget that Aeva 7.x is still available for download (and will remain so), for people who only want the auto-embedder features... And if you just want to embed YouTube videos, go to the admin area and disable everything but YouTube. It's as simple as that, and you can enable other sites on a per-case basis...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

bostonb

Quote from: Lamarck on January 23, 2010, 11:48:26 AM
Nao,thanks for your "ironic" post,but I (like other users) don't want to install a heavy mod such as aeva media just to use youtube links.It's as simple as this,nothing more.
I'm not saying that aeva media is bad (it's a great mod),I only think that it doesn't fit what I (and others) need.
Because of that,I said that I hope someone else make a youtube mod in the future,nothing more.

So I don't need laughs,ironic comments,etc I'm just writing my point of view and expressing my needs as a simply user.

Good luck with your mod and thanks.

I agree with Lamarck completely

I want the ability to use [youtube] embed and nothing else, and I also want the ability for users to just post an http link to the video and have it just show up as a link, not automatically embed

simple, clean, and basic

if a user doesn't know how to use the [youtube] tags, then that is fine, his or her video will just show up as a link, and the more experienced forum users will teach them or be the ones posting videos

there is a great need for this kind of basic mod, and I am not interested in using any mod that adds any complications to this basic concept

Arantor

Except that for most users that's actually more work for them to edit the rest of the link out.

Nao 尚

Quote from: bostonb on January 23, 2010, 08:38:51 PM
I want the ability to use [youtube] embed and nothing else, and I also want the ability for users to just post an http link to the video and have it just show up as a link, not automatically embed
Users can post a link, too......
[noembed]Here's my link. It won't be embedded.[/noembed]
Or... [url]Here's my link. It won't be embedded.[/url] (Only if you check "don't embed in sentences".)

Quotesimple, clean, and basic
Simple, clean and basic..... Same here.

Quoteif a user doesn't know how to use the [youtube] tags, then that is fine, his or her video will just show up as a link, and the more experienced forum users will teach them or be the ones posting videos
The exact same thing can be done with Aeva, for much less work...

Quotethere is a great need for this kind of basic mod, and I am not interested in using any mod that adds any complications to this basic concept
Even if that mod enables you to just go and forget about it? (Because that's it -- even if YouTube breaks your links one day, they'll fix themselves automatically... YTBBC doesn't do that.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

.brian

If anyone needs a simple solution...

array(
'tag' => 'youtube',
'before' => '<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/',
'after' => '&&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>',
),

Start a new line on 997, paste this code and have your users only paste the Video ID. Sure it requires your users to have an IQ higher than 80 but at least you won't have any issues with URL's and the like.

Example:
[youtube]VIDEOID[/youtube]

Simple, basic, does the job.

Nao 尚

It has been posted several times already in the last couple of topic pages... ::)

.brian

And here's me thinking I invented electricity...  ::)

Nao 尚

Sorry, it's my fault that the mod isn't updated anyway.

Nao 尚

Brian, I thought you were posting a workaround for RC2, not an actual basic replacement for the YT tag, lol... Anyway--

Need volunteers to test v2.6! Adds support for RC2.

Massl

Many thank for this update  ;D

I have this error on rc 2  ;)

Massl

I corrected the error in the package-info.xml and now is perfect !!!

Many thanks Nao  ;D

I attached the correct file  :)

Nao 尚

Forgot about package-info indeed. The file renaming was a last minute thing (due to the fact that 'rc1' doesn't reflect it's for rc2 as well.)

Well then I guess I'll release it today along with Aeva Media 1.0!

Massl

Nao 尚

It's out!

2.6 - 5th February 2010
o Ownership given to Nao
o Updated readme and description
o Added French Language (translated by Nao)
o Added support for SMF 2.0 RC2 (eh, finally...?)

Nier

Quote from: Nao on February 05, 2010, 10:21:17 AM
It's out!

2.6 - 5th February 2010
o Ownership given to Nao
o Updated readme and description
o Added French Language (translated by Nao)
o Added support for SMF 2.0 RC2 (eh, finally...?)

when i install, i get this:

./Sources/Subs-Editor.php Test mislukt (test failed)
  1. Voeg toe voor ./Sources/Subs-Editor.php Test mislukt (test failed)

Nao 尚

Yes, but does that 'test failed' show in RED?
If not, then it's safe...

Nier

Quote from: Nao on February 07, 2010, 03:39:48 AM
Yes, but does that 'test failed' show in RED?
If not, then it's safe...

Yes its in red color.

Nao 尚

You should click the details button next to the failed portion, and tell me what code failed to install.
What version of SMF are you using?

Advertisement: