News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Deprecated, use Aeva] YouTube BBCode v2.6

Started by Nao 尚, September 27, 2007, 05:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comedorsamus

AHA! I got it!

You have to open install-1.1.x and/or install-2.0, then search for 350 and/or 425 and edit with your desired height and width.

Since I'm pretty noob I don't know if it's needed to edit both files, also, pay attention because you may need to edit two lines. Example:

$data = array(0, 640, ($type ? 380: 385));

Thanks once again for your GREAT plugin!  8)

Arantor

(The author/maintainer is currently post-banned, by the way, I'm not him.)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Arantor

How is it more user-friendly for *posters* than the bbcode is?

If you're telling me it's easier for posters to use a bbcode and edit the URL, than just posting the URL, I sincerely hope you never find the project Nao and I have been working on, which has the auto embed by default, though I will no doubt be rewriting the auto embed admin area... though it's quite possibly the easiest I ever saw... most common sites at the top, two or three related options, it's all good)

Quote from: Arantor link=topic=197280.msg2960231#msg2960231 date=1,298135533

If you're telling me it's easier for posters to use a bbcode and edit the URL, than just posting the URL, I sincerely hope you never find the project Nao and I have been working on, which has the auto embed by default, though I will no doubt be rewriting the auto embed admin area... though it's quite possibly the easiest I ever saw... most common sites at the top, two or three related options, it's all good)
With due respect captain, it's called personal preference and opinion.

And one more thing, you sounds weird as if somebody is spying on you and Nao and your project(s). Isn't you are the one who announce things here? I personally have no interest.  :P

Arantor

QuoteWith due respect captain, it's called personal preference and opinion.

I'm hoping that someone can actually give me *reasons* why it's more friendly to use a bbcode than the auto embedder.

QuoteAnd one more thing, you sounds weird as if somebody is spying on you and Nao and your project(s)

Not exactly, more the fact I'm not really supposed to talk about it, but if you believe the bbcode is more friendly, you won't want to play with the fork anyway, because Aeva is being integrated into it (both auto embed and gallery)

comedorsamus

Quote from: Arantor on February 19, 2011, 12:12:13 PM

If you use BBC to bold a damn word why not to embed a few Youtube videos?

And don't worry, I won't bother searching for your plugin because right now this one is everything I was looking for, but good luck with your project! I'm sure someone will find it to be very useful! Cya!  ;D

Arantor

QuoteIf you use BBC to bold a damn word why not to embed a few Youtube videos?

I'm just trying to get at that it's gotta be easier for users to just copy/paste the URL as a whole rather than anything else? Can they copy/paste forum embed code? Right now I can post YT videos so much quicker on my forum than I can on the vB one I'm a regular on, with their YT bbcode.

QuoteAnd don't worry, I won't bother searching for your plugin because right now this one is everything I was looking for, but good luck with your project! I'm sure someone will find it to be very useful! Cya!

It's not a plugin. It's a complete forum+gallery system, based on SMF 2.0, but with many more features. It won't work on your forum anyway, seeing how we're not distributing it as a plugin unless we absolutely have to. By that time, this mod will almost certainly be removed.

dougiefresh

Thank you for the wonderful mod!  I thought I'd let everybody know that when I updated my forum from 2.0 RC5 to 2.0 Gold, I had to reinstall all my mods.  This mod installed without issues and without emulation.  Hope this info helps someone!

«$»Crimson

Absolutely great mod, one question though.

How do you enable the "&autoplay=1" option? I still want the default setting to have autoplay off, but sometimes I like to put a youtube video in a spoiler tag and surprise unsuspecting victims, if  you catch my drift, LOL.

Quote from: «$»Crimson on July 16, 2011, 02:32:21 AM
Absolutely great mod, one question though.

How do you enable the "&autoplay=1" option? I still want the default setting to have autoplay off, but sometimes I like to put a youtube video in a spoiler tag and surprise unsuspecting victims, if  you catch my drift, LOL.
As stated in the title, deprecated... try to use other mod that can allow you embed the whole youtube code where you can add autoplay=1 in it.

Valitkonis

I have problem, my Youtube BBcode is not working any more, before i dont installed other mods it was working great but now is not working, someone know what mod i need uninstall to work again YoutubeBB code? here screens:

Valitkonis

TheListener

Quote from: Valitkonis on August 11, 2011, 11:52:56 AM
I have problem, my Youtube BBcode is not working any more, before i dont installed other mods it was working great but now is not working, someone know what mod i need uninstall to work again YoutubeBB code? here screens:

As users have said before.

This mod is not supported anymore.

Why? Because the Aeva Media mod does exactly the same job.

You would be best advised to ue that mod instead.

live627

AeMe should also support the bbcode... or it has a converter for it...

Valitkonis

I installed Aeva, ant what now? what BBcode suppose to i use to work youtube videos? because
doesnt working

live627

moguns

yes Avea does do the same thing but with a hole heck of a lot of coding and a pathetic copyright.

YogiBear

Quote from: Valitkonis on August 12, 2011, 06:21:11 PM
I installed Aeva, ant what now? what BBcode suppose to i use to work youtube videos? because
doesnt working

Enable autoembed and Aeva does it all for you. The [youtube] tags become redundant.

@moguns : the author is known to be a 'clean coder' so this shouldn't matter. If in doubt simply install Aeva before any other mod. Copyright isn't unusual so shouldn't affect an end-user.

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Advertisement: