Theme Authors: Theme Approval Guidelines

Started by Gary, September 27, 2007, 10:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forsakenlad

No you can reply to the PM sent to you by the customization team to ask questions. We aren't that fascist :P
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Antechinus

So basically if someone starts saying "why wasn't my theme approved yesterday?" you tell them to go.......................themselves, but sane and relevant questions are fine in moderation. Ok. I can do that.

forsakenlad

Quote from: antechinus on September 01, 2008, 09:04:33 PM
So basically if someone starts saying "why wasn't my theme approved yesterday?" you tell them to go.......................themselves, but sane and relevant questions are fine in moderation. Ok. I can do that.

Yes quite like that but less polite :P
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Gary

I know Eren answered this, but I'll go further. :P

If you PM a team member directly that's a no-no unless they specifically say so otherwise. Also, if you send a message to the Customise Team user, then that's okay also. If we contact you about a customisation issue, it will come from the Customise Team user (not the team member who looked at it) then respond only to the customisation team member by clicking Reply/Quote so it gets dealt with quicker on the inside. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Antechinus

Jolly good. Might as well throw in one more question then since it does relate to themes in general so there's no reason not to make it public.

I mentioned about a page back about crediting people for their brushes. Turns out they don't like being emailed for permission (checked their profiles on Deviant) and would rather people just used the things without hassling them as long as they get a linkback and props.

In situation like that how do the team deal with it? Do you want links to profiles or whatever so you can read it yourselves or do you take people's word for it?

ETA: By the way I decided to handle all linkbacks via a basic, custom HTML page that links from the footer. That way it's going to be indexed and since the link says "Resources" people are likely to click it.

choloman05

So when submitting a theme, does it really need to be validated with 0 errors when even this site has a billion errors?

Gary

Yes it does. It needs to pass all the guidelines, or we'll contact you to fix them.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Antechinus

Remember that this site runs ads and the code for ads is usually full of validation errors. Doing a theme is not that hard.

choloman05

Advertisement: