Problesm with Mambo-smf bridge

Started by dave132, October 29, 2004, 02:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave132

I have SMF and Mambo inmstalled and working separetly. I then installed the briggde and added the menu link. Here is the error I am getting.

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error processing resource 'hxxp:www.jasonupton.net/com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42' [nonactive];. Line 3, Position 2

<b>Warning</b>:  mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/var/www/html/com/components/com_smf/smf.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />
-^

link to page:
hxxp:www.jasonupton.net/com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42%3Cbr%20/%3E [nonactive]

[Unknown]

Are you using SMF and Mambo in separate databases?  The current bridge, to my understanding, does not support this.

-[Unknown]

dave132

Ahh - I see. Yes, that is what I was using separate databases. I'll try to combine them unless someone knows otherwise.

yardbird

Quote from: dave132 on October 30, 2004, 11:43:07 AM
Ahh - I see. Yes, that is what I was using separate databases. I'll try to combine them unless someone knows otherwise.

Yes, combine them. I had them in separate databases as well. My SMF tables had an smf_ prefix (default) so I simply exported the tables, imported them into my mambo database (mambo tables have oms_ prefix by default) and remember to tell smf about the database change in the config file. Other than that it was very fast and easy to do.

dave132

Worked like a charm - thanks for all the help!!

skizzdc

I have mine in the same database and I'm still having trouble with this error.  I see the forum but I get that annoying MySQL error at the top.  Any ideas?  :)

Orstio

Quote from: skizzdc on November 09, 2004, 05:37:02 PM
I have mine in the same database and I'm still having trouble with this error.  I see the forum but I get that annoying MySQL error at the top.  Any ideas?  :)

Can you provide a link, or copy the error message and paste it here?

skizzdc

Here's the link:  http://hatereport.entempore.com/new/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42 [nofollow]

In FireFox it shows the rest of the page with the error at the top, but in crappy IE it shows only the error and an XML error associated with it as described above by dave132.  :)

Orstio

OK, now I have two questions:

1) The mysql_fetch_array() on line 41 is in the SMF RC1 bridge.  Are you still using SMF RC1?

2) Are your mambo table prefixes "mos_"?  I just noticed that I need to fix that in the RC1 bridge in case they are not.

Either way, I suggest upgrading to SMF RC2, and using the RC2 bridge component.

skizzdc

Quote1) The mysql_fetch_array() on line 41 is in the SMF RC1 bridge.  Are you still using SMF RC1?

Yes, I'll try upgrading and see what happens, hopefully I can still use my theme.

Quote2) Are your mambo table prefixes "mos_"?  I just noticed that I need to fix that in the RC1 bridge in case they are not.

No, I have a custom prefix.  Is there somewhere I can edit that, I might do that in case my theme can be used in RC2.  It's all about the theme!  ;)

skizzdc

Tried replacing all mos_ values with my MySQL prefix values in smf.php, that worked like a charm, works magically now in both FireFox and crappy IE.  Thanks for the suggestions!  :D

Orstio

Thank you, actually. 

I have replaced all of those with a variable that is assigned in config.smf.php.  This should also allow multiple databases.   ;D

Advertisement: