Displaying local time instead of server time

Started by spiros, November 13, 2004, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiros

How can I change the forum time globally? Is there a setting somewhere? I now users can change time in their profile with the offset option but I want the forum default time to be different than server time.

bloc

Look for "Overall time offset" in admin section - under "Edit Features and options".

Add 1 hour here and the whole forum change with it.

Dainis

What if the forum has users are in multiple time zones? Just forget displaying time altogether? That's what I did, but maybe there's a better solution...

--Dainis

Burpee

Umm...
Hoster's server's time -> Can be changed in admin section under "Features and options" -> Can be changed by each individual user in their profile

So... if your server's time is set at 1pm right now, and where you live it's 3pm right now, you can go to the admin section and set it to +2 for every user on the forum. However, if a certain user is in the timezone where it's 1pm, this user can change his own forum time by changing the option in his profile to -2 ...

bloc

Exactly. Users set their times relative to what admin have - which you can set in said admin section.

BTW, I succesfully set 1.75 once....because the server clock was all wrong. And it did in fact set the time 1 hour and 3 quarters forward. :) (mind you, this was at beta 5 , don't know if it still works)

[Unknown]

Partial numbers has to work, and before one beta did not, which was a bug.

This is because some people live in timezones that are literally x.5, etc.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: