News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mods for 1.1.4

Started by Tabbee, October 02, 2007, 02:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabbee

Hey Please dont get mad if these are already out im extremely new to SMF and didnt like it at first but its really grown on me.. Now, I wanted to request a Shoutbox and quick reply box for the 1.1.4 SMF Version..

Also im using the Minerva theme if that makes a diffence as to if the shout box will work or not..

Oldiesmann

Quick Reply box is a default feature in SMF...

To enable it for yourself:
Profile -> Look and Layout
Set "Use quick reply on topic display" to "Show, on by default"

To enable it for guests and anyone who registers in the future:
Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Reset Options
Click "Reset the default (guest) options for this theme" under "SMF default theme"
Set "Use quick reply on topic display" to "Show, on by default"

To enable it for all current users:
Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Reset Options
Click "Reset all members' current options for this theme" under "SMF default theme"
Select "Change" next to "Use quick reply on topic display" and set it to "Show, on by default"

There are currently two different shoutbox mods that will work with 1.1.4:
nneonneo's Shoutbox
SMF Shoutbox

The shoutbox mods modify BoardIndex.template.php, which isn't included in the Minerva theme (meaning the one from the default theme will be used), so the most you'll have to do to make them work properly on that theme is copy the images from the default theme.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Tabbee

Thank you so very much. I wish I knew how to do the whole shoutbox thing but im not too familiar with it so I guess Im ganna have to wait it out.

Oldiesmann

Download the package to your computer.
Go to Admin -> Packages -> Download Packages
Click "Browse...", browse to the location where you saved that file and double-click it.
Click the "Upload" button.
Click on "[Apply Mod]"
If there aren't any errors, click "Proceed" at the bottom of the screen
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Tabbee

I do that but I always get an error saying that its not able to work with my version of SMF.

Tabbee

I have a question.. Im I suppose to Unzip the file? because when I do and I upload the SMF Shoutbox it tells me that it only accepts cetain files such as zip and ect. And when I dont unzip the file and upload it then I get something telling me that the files might be corrupted OR it isnt compatible with my version of SMF.. If anyone has AIM and can sorta walk me through this PLEASE PLEASE IM me at Trustar1986!!

Kindred

this has been discussed any number of times...  (try Search?)

append &emulate_version=1.1.3 to the url link when you click the apply mod.

and no... you should not unzip the mod package.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tabbee

yea, I give up. I need someone to walk me through it .. Im have no computer knowledge other then surfing the web. I have searched and Im guessing the only solution I can think of is to pay someone to do it. But I just paid for my hosting and such for the year so no extra funds atm. maybe, in a few months.. Thanks for everyones advice.

Kindred

Download the package to your computer.
Go to Admin -> Packages -> Download Packages
Click "Browse...", browse to the location where you saved that file and double-click it.
Click the "Upload" button.
right Click on "[Apply Mod]"
copy the target URL
paste the URL into your browser and add &emulate_version=1.1.3 to the end of that URL.

If there aren't any errors, click "Proceed" at the bottom of the screen
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tabbee

Im I suppose to d.l version 1.10 for the SMF Shoutbox?

Tabbee

okay now I got the nneonneos (sp?) shoutbox installed succesfully and now what do I do? I do not see the shoubox anywhere on the forum

Kindred

are you using the default theme?

have you activated the shoutbox in the amdin?
Слaва
Украинi

Tabbee

im using the minera (sp?) theme and im not sure if i activated it.. I put apply mod  and that was it

Kindred

right....   so, again, this is stated in nearly every thread discussing a mod:

if you are not using the default theme, you will have to manually apply some of the modifications to your alternate theme template.php files.
Слaва
Украинi

Oldiesmann

The package parser at sleepycode.com will make it easier to install the mod on other themes as well.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Tabbee

Second, find the desired location of the shoutbox and place at that location (in the index.template.php file!)

and of course the code but i didnt wanna put that in here.

hey im almost done.. I just need to know what this means .. Sorry this is the 1st time I have done this.. I got the other code in I just need to know exactly where to put this one?

Tabbee

Someone please help me! Im on the last step .. I just need to know where to put the 2nd code and it should be working!!

Its says, : "find the desired location of the shoutbox and place at that location (in the index.template.php file!)"

Im not sure where to put this code at for the shoutbox.
I want the shoutbox on the top of the forum above all the catogories.. Thank you so much for anyone that can help me and of course to the other two members above ..

downsy007

wat file do i use for v.1.1.4

Niagra

Quote from: RGV4CYL on October 02, 2007, 08:51:36 PM
Someone please help me! Im on the last step .. I just need to know where to put the 2nd code and it should be working!!

Its says, : "find the desired location of the shoutbox and place at that location (in the index.template.php file!)"

Im not sure where to put this code at for the shoutbox.
I want the shoutbox on the top of the forum above all the catogories.. Thank you so much for anyone that can help me and of course to the other two members above ..

I am answering this question  for any people that  have this question  in the future.  I really wanted this  shout  box  on my forum  and  had  some  real  trouble  understanding the directions.  What I did  at my forum was  placed it in a center column block and it shows up  on every page  .  That is very helpful too  and  it seems to work  well for me.  The  shout box can be seen at www.frogn.com .  If I am not allowed to say that  please  feel  free to  edit my text admins.  Thanks  and good luck.

Advertisement: