Redirect your users when they activate their account

Started by babjusi, October 06, 2008, 09:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shades.

The theme that I am using doesn't have a /language directory.  It runs off of the default/language directory as far as I know. The package installer installed the mod into the theme/default but it doesn't even offer to modify the theme that I am using...I'm guessing because there is no /language file in my theme. What can I do to fix this?
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Smoky "Rider" Blue

find the edits like i have posted before, and apply the to the theme..

personally, i add the language folder to mine, and make sure all my mods are included in the file edits that are needed..
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

AmaZulu

Quote from: bburg5 on February 11, 2009, 07:16:46 PM
Itried this mod on 1.1.8v and it seems not to work. After clicking on activation link in email it takes you back to log into the forum. Did I not get the install right?

Thanks

I'm also using 1.1.8 and having the same issue. Did you manage to get support on this? I went to the site Smokey suggested, but I see nothing of assistance on this mod there (unless I'm blind).

babjusi

Quote from: AmaZulu on October 19, 2009, 03:58:23 AM
Quote from: bburg5 on February 11, 2009, 07:16:46 PM
Itried this mod on 1.1.8v and it seems not to work. After clicking on activation link in email it takes you back to log into the forum. Did I not get the install right?

Thanks

I'm also using 1.1.8 and having the same issue. Did you manage to get support on this? I went to the site Smokey suggested, but I see nothing of assistance on this mod there (unless I'm blind).

That is normal. The redirection will occur after you login at your forum the very first time after you activated your account.

imrich

GazOutEast

Quote from: imrich on November 09, 2009, 03:03:02 PM
Does this work for SMF 2 RC2?

Same question .... a month later (original asker was not answered)

Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

GazOutEast

Bumping for 2.0 RC2 - if no update soon, I'll just have to ditch the mod, it's not vital anyway, it's just a nice extra feature.

babjusi

Go ahead and ditch it. As atm I don''t have time to upgrade it.
Quote from: GazOutEast on December 30, 2009, 12:57:50 AM
Bumping for 2.0 RC2 - if no update soon, I'll just have to ditch the mod, it's not vital anyway, it's just a nice extra feature.

Go ahead and ditch it. As atm I don''t have time to upgrade it.

GazOutEast

Done.

No disrespect babjusi, as I really like a number of your mods, but are ANY of them in any danger of being upgraded for RC2, or have I simply not seen/used the ones you have upgraded?

Gaz

babjusi

Quote from: GazOutEast on December 30, 2009, 12:27:46 PM
Done.

No disrespect babjusi, as I really like a number of your mods, but are ANY of them in any danger of being upgraded for RC2, or have I simply not seen/used the ones you have upgraded?

Gaz

The thing is that I am a volunteer here and I  have created all my mods in my free time and atm that is very limited. There are other things that require my attention than upgrading of my mods. It is not like you paid for the mod and expect me to do things pronto.

GazOutEast

Quote from: babjusi on December 30, 2009, 03:45:06 PM
Done.

Gaz

The thing is that I am a volunteer here and I  have created all my mods in my free time and atm that is very limited. There are other things that require my attention than upgrading of my mods. It is not like you paid for the mod and expect me to do things pronto.

Life happens to us all ... eventually ;)

If you're unable to maintain your mods and keep them up to date with current SMF versions, perhaps you should consider handing them off to others?  In a way, you owe it to your fellow SMF addicts to do so, especially as some people have built businesses that in part may be reliant upon your mods.

Hmm?

babjusi

Quote from: GazOutEast on December 30, 2009, 09:41:47 PM
Quote from: babjusi on December 30, 2009, 03:45:06 PM
Done.

Gaz

Life happens to us all ... eventually ;)

If you're unable to maintain your mods and keep them up to date with current SMF versions, perhaps you should consider handing them off to others?  In a way, you owe it to your fellow SMF addicts to do so, especially as some people have built businesses that in part may be reliant upon your mods.

Hmm?

Who says that I am not maintenaning my mods? They work fine and with no errors with the latest stable version. I don''t have time to waste on my mods everytime a beta/rc version comes out and/or other people want them.  And I don''t owe anything to anyone.

So basically, you want my mod which I have created in my free time to be upgraded pronto as your business relies on it? In that case, you can pay me to do so, seeing the fact that you want it for business and not for free use. Otherwise stop being so selfish and wait patiently until smf reaches the final version.

And what''s more btw, several posts above you say:

Quote from: GazOutEast on December 30, 2009, 12:57:50 AM

Whereas now you claim that it is vital for your business. A bit contradictory, are we? Anyway you have my answer ;)

GazOutEast

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying you will not update and release your mods to work with RC versions or beta versions, but only with stable releases?  Is that correct?

Garou

He said not on every beta or RC version. When it comes to SMF 2.0 most mod designers wound up putting a lot of time in updating their mods for each version they came out with as there were so many significant changes between them. Even in RC2 there were changes between the Charter and Public releases that required many mod designers to change their mods yet again. Its become quite frustrating to keep up, especially for the designers that have as many mods as babjusi does.

As it stands now with SMF 1.1, only security updates are being made and they usually dont effect many mods so most designers dont mind the occasional update there. SMF has stated that there will at least be one more 2.0 RC before it goes final so mod designers may end up having to recode everything 2 or 3 more times before then. There are quite a few designers that have stated they aren't going to update their mods till 2.0 goes final just for this reason.

Then add to the fact that there are so many designers that are not supporting their mods and themes at all or some that have just disappeared.  Yeah it sucks when some mods end up being useless and SMF makes it hard for others to pick them up for continuation but the simple fact of life is that no good thing lasts forever.

Mod and theme designers do not owe anything to anyone. The time they put in making improvements to SMF is much more then most SMF users do for the community. Most just complain, make demands for features that only they or a couple others actually care about, and ask the same questions over and over even though its been answered a dozen times or more. Mod and theme designers actually give back to the community to help better it, that alone should be payment enough.

You should be grateful that babjusi is still here and willing to update the mod when 2.0 goes final because it would be much easier to take everything down and walk away.

babjusi

Thanks Garou. I couldn''t have put it better myself :)

Swayforth

I love this mod, it works perfect with the "Welcome Topic Mod"

Thank you for the time you have put into this mod and i can't wait for 2.0 final release to come out.

Until then i am still using 1.1.11 for my production site and only using 2.0RC2 on a test site. IMO you should never move your business to any type of unstable/beta version.

Kreator

any one got this working on 2.0 RC2???

manual install from parser works, but nowt shows up anywhere does not seem to be any admin edits....

Advertisement: