SMF version of VBgarage and Timeslips database

Started by SVT242, November 13, 2004, 07:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SVT242

I am curious to know if anyone out there might consider taking on the idea of creating something similar to vbulletin's VBgarage and VB Timeslips database for SMF?

I run a forum that caters to SVT Lightning community which is a community of owners of the Ford F150 SVT Lightning limited edition high performance truck, and it would be awesome to see such an option available for other SMF automotive related websites 

Here are some links to VBgarage and the VB Timeslips database:

VBGARAGE:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63681&highlight=vbgarage

VB TIMESLIPS DATABASE:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60945&highlight=vbgarage

edit: hope this is the right board for this request :D

-Chris

Existant

Rocket 442

I'd also like to know if there is a package you can download, like what performance-shop.com has?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Rocket 442

I'd pay for something like that ;)

If anyone wants to do it....  or like the phpbbgarage, same concept, I've made a thread about that before.
http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/garage.php?sid=dd06e3b86ae384422ac514c6208e655b

Miyagi

I'm keen to see something developed in this realm, if a talented programmer wants to post a $$$ i'm sure the few of us that are interested should be able to see how stingy we are... or arent.  8)
FordXR5Turbo.com - Dedicated to the Ford Focus & Mondeo XR5 Turbo in Australia
FordXR4.com - Dedicated to the Ford Fiesta XR4 in Australia

Vinspire

warmachine

Bringin' this back TTT. Our members have been asking for something like this. Anyone know if anything is in the works?
SMF Forum Admin/Owner:
W-body.com [nofollow]
TGPforums.com [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Jay might work on it but he needs more information on how this mod works and the information for it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Vinspire

Quote from: Rocket 442 on July 08, 2006, 12:50:58 PM
I'd pay for something like that ;)

If anyone wants to do it....  or like the phpbbgarage, same concept, I've made a thread about that before.
http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/garage.php?sid=dd06e3b86ae384422ac514c6208e655b

Wow ... this is so awesome !  :D :D ;D

poyntesm

Hi guys,

Stumbled across this thread. I am the author of phpBB Garage, which in turn was created after seeing IPB Garage.

All my source code is available via subversion and i would be more than happy to help anyone port it to any system.

My code is very much function based so I think it would be easy enough to get running on SMF. If someone had a understanding of how SMF implements DB queries and the template system they use I would imagine the rest would not be to hard as the logic will be the same. Its just a different system to get the data and display it.

Also if someone wanted to pay for it to be done, I am sure I could be convinced to learn SMF to get it running!! ;D

Regards
Esmond

JayBachatero

Hi Esmond.  I am actually planning on writing this mod for SMF.  I guess I can give you a hand in porting it over to SMF.  If you send me the source I can look into it.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

poyntesm

Hi Jay,

If you are already planning on writing it thats great. I was more offering help than asking for it.

My source can be found @ hxxp:svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/phpbbgarage/ [nonactive]

I would recommend you if you wanted to base it on my code that you use
hxxp:svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/phpbbgarage/branches/1.2 [nonactive] . There is newer code in hxxp:svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/phpbbgarage/trunk [nonactive] but that code is for phpBB3 and uses the new query builder a lot. So I think it would actually be easier from the 1.2 code.

I actually did a install of SMF today so if you want any help let me know.

JayBachatero

I'll look into it.  Knowing me I would probably end up writing it from scratch and integrate it fully into SMF.  I just need to know exactly what info would be needed and so on.

If you want to take on porting it then you can.  I don't think I get anything done till late january.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

RRasco

hey guys, i dont know if you have seen it, but i started a thread asking about this at one point a while back.  I know someone has pointed me to the fuzion scripts where an SMF garage is in development, but it is going to be charged to use.  The fuzion scripts site says you have to have permission to use their scripts, did you use their scripts poyntesm?

btw, poyntesm, I am currently running your garage module on my phpbb site.

I am in need of an SMF version because I am migrating over to SMF.  Last week me and my brother began planning the development of an SMF garage.  I have since registered http://www.smfgarage.com and will be undertaking this project soon.  We were planning on using your code for reference.  Initially I had in mind to remove the insurance and shops portion of the mod to keep it smaller and create them as a seperate mod, but I am still undecided on that.

I was unsure of a time frame and am in dire need of migrating soon, so we decided to start this project ourselves.  I know Jay yo had said you planned on writing this and now that there seems to be a common goal towards an SMF Garage, perhaps we can join forces and make this thing even better.
Vehicle Management System for SMF - SMFGarage.com

poyntesm

Hi,

I was inspired by the IPB version and did have access to the code, however I rewrote it from the ground up and only used a few functions that I did not know how to code. I have since replaced them with my own and currently all the code is my own.

If you use my code as a reference make sure you use the 1.2 branch, you can get SVN access to it.

Just today I started the work to AJAX the dropdowns and start to impliment a modification DB, i.e each modification is a actual DB item as is its maker. This allows better searching and such.

Anyway, I installed SMF but did not have the time to start doing any work as phpBB3 is taking it all at the moment. I would be more than happy to help though, if you get a SVN/CVS repo up I would be happy to help.

RRasco

sweet, i will def be using your code as a reference.  If i take anything, I will give credit where due.  Today I am trying to get smfgarage.com setup so it can act as a support forum.  Alot of coding will be done and or assisted by my brother as he is the real PHP guru, i am still quite new to PHP, but figured this would be a good learning project.  I will let you all know once the site is up so we can continue this there.

SBGamesCone

I figured I'd jump in here since I'm the brother that RRasco is talking about. We're going to be laying out the db structure this week and hopefully start coding too.

RRasco

Ok guys, I now have http://www.smfgarage.com operational.  There is really no content because we are just beginning development.  Feel free to stop by and register so you can provide us some input during the development.

Advertisement: