News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

full intergration into a website

Started by meester fox, November 13, 2004, 08:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meester fox

I am trying to prove to some guys that they'd probably be better off with SMF versus phpbb and phpnuke.  So far, I have them sold. But there are two things that I need some help with:

when pulling an item from ssi.php... it has the "0 comments | Write Comment"  links below it. Is it possible to remove that from the output, and just have the post text?

And secondly, with intergrating the forum into the site,  i can use the php include function to display the index page on a page... but that only displays the first.  any link clicked, naturally removes them from that page.   Is there a way to do it, without frames?   They have content on both sides and up top, and it would be nice if the forum would sit firmly on that page, and only that page. is that possible? I know it can be done with frames,  but i'd like to avoid them, if i can.

Also, on this site's index page (http://www.simplemachines.org) there is a login box to the right if your not logged in, and a welcome message when you are. can this be done purely with the examples in ssi_examples.php file?  or is there a bit more to it?   and can it be made so that the boxes are next to each other, and not going down?  (or is the login box theme specific?)

well, that should cover it.  thanks!
Qdork is my SMF/mkportal website. Nothing amazing. A few mods, iTunes giveaways, and decent members.

[Unknown]

I suggest you start with Integrating the forum into your site... - it outlines basically what we do here.

Yes, we use the SSI functions here too, such as ssi_logOnline() and ssi_welcome(), etc.  But there is some custom stuff mixed in there too ;).

I suggest you search for some FAQs made by Tomer Dean on SSI...

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: