News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] Dark Penguin (first draft)

Started by AzaToth, November 13, 2004, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzaToth

made a them for FUD once, but now as I'll hopefully will go over to smf I started to convert a theme I made from FUD to smf, mostly only the colors is converted as long, all buttons and so may need to be converted (might take an effort).
But here it is if anyone is intrested in it
http://www.efd.lth.se/~d02cf/darkpenguin.tar.gz

edit: changed to gz and added the xml-file

codenaught

Looks rather nice! Although I see that only a few images were included in the download. But it does have a nice look. Good job for a first draft.  ;)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

[Unknown]

I suggest you package it as a gzip and add a theme_info.xml file to it.  This will make it much easier to install, is all...

-[Unknown]

AzaToth

bloc

Excellent color scheme. Nice touch on the admin button too.  :) Do you plan to make more such buttons? It is really a great idea and fits the colors perfectly.

AzaToth

Quote from: Bloc on November 14, 2004, 12:44:20 PM
Excellent color scheme. Nice touch on the admin button too.  :) Do you plan to make more such buttons? It is really a great idea and fits the colors perfectly.

There is some buttons I can reuse from FUD, but alot I have to make new, the problem is that it's wasn't me who did them in first place, (a friend of mine did them),  But I could somehow make new ones.

AzaToth

Quote from: Bloc on November 14, 2004, 12:44:20 PM

done so far:

c0Ld

-c0Ld
Current Projects - Simplified Gaming Template is 40% done!

bloc

AzaToth

done with Calendar now (why is calendar styled as it is? why define colors in adminpane?):

also most of title and BoardPage is done.

[Unknown]

Quote from: azatoth on November 15, 2004, 03:24:03 PM
done with Calendar now (why is calendar styled as it is? why define colors in adminpane?):

Because every time I want to take them off there people scream bloody murder...

-[Unknown]

AzaToth

made some buttons for message handling, does they fit?

AzaToth

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 15, 2004, 03:35:10 PM

-[Unknown]
hehe, I did overrun those settings and specified them in style.css instead.

Benny Elgazar

codenaught

Quote from: azatoth on November 16, 2004, 11:57:47 AM
made some buttons for message handling, does they fit?

I think they fit great!

Quote from: azatoth on November 16, 2004, 11:59:54 AM
Quote from: [Unknown] on November 15, 2004, 03:35:10 PM

-[Unknown]
hehe, I did overrun those settings and specified them in style.css instead.

I think that is a smart idea, selecting the colors in the admin panel doesn't sound too multi-theme friendly in my view, some text may appear well on one theme but not another.
Dev Consultant

Jerry

Quote from: akabugeyes on November 16, 2004, 05:07:41 PM
I think that is a smart idea, selecting the colors in the admin panel doesn't sound too multi-theme friendly in my view, some text may appear well on one theme but not another.
true, I hate having to a pick a color to fit all my themes, I wish it was done by the style sheet.

This is a great looking theme azatoth.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

A.M.A

Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

AzaToth

Progress, Display, some icons fixed, made icq and yim-icon static.

bloc

Looking better and better this one.... good work!

codenaught

Looking very nice! I wish you luck on any other images that you may need to do. This is shaping up to be quite a nice theme.
Dev Consultant

Advertisement: