[Theme] Mercury (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, October 25, 2004, 12:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Mercury for SMF 1.1beta3 had a bug in it that prevented the karma function from working properly.

Those who want to correct it, can download the archive again and just replace Display.template.php.

TANDIONO.COM

Hi! How can i made a "topbar" in my template, something like this >> It has a "topbar" like Themis, which you can put in own HTML code.

bloc

There is already the option of a topbar in Mercury?

Admin / current theme settings / topbar

TANDIONO.COM

im going to install in a new themes :) may i know what's the code

anna.young

I really like this theme, already tried it in my test v1.0.5.

I'm not able to download a 1.1beta3 as 'www.blockzone.net could not be found'.  I think you moved your server Bloc, but I can't find the new one...  Thanks

Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

bloc

I will update the links...bloczone should be correct in a couple of days again though.

anna.young

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

anna.young

Whah, that was quick! Thanks  Bloc...  :)

I downloaded it, it installed fine...  One little cute thing is missing though.

The background icon for Posters info is not therein 1.1beta3...

I rather liked it.  Any way to get it back on?

Thanks again,

Anna

bloc

bloc

hm, I can't believe I did not see that before.. :) anyway, updated the theme files with it, so if you want it, just re-upload Display.template.

anna.young

Thanks, I'll do it now...  this was FAST!!!   8)

Anna

anna.young

I just did re-uploaded that one file Display.template, cleared cache, re-started the browser,  and it is still not showing... Anna

anna.young

It's OK now, I guess I was too fast...  I re-uploaded it again and it is lovely...

Thanks!!!!!!!  :)

Anna

dar

1.1 Beta
May I ask please how I can get a side bar (like this forum) which I can edit (with links, pics etc.) and can I do it so the colours match the Mercury theme?

I would also like room above the forum for banner advertising.

How is this done please?

Many thanks,
dar

bloc

That would be a major addition to Mercury, and I am not planning it now, sorry.

As for banner above, use the "topbar" option in admin / current theme settings.

dar

Thanks Bloc.

But is it possible for me to load the forum and theme into a frame then?

If this doesn't belong here, please say so  -  I just thought you might know the answer as a continuation of the thread.

Many thanks,
dar

bloc

AfAIK there are some issues with putting it in frames..but there are threads on how to integrate the forum into your site:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=19638.0

dar

Many thanks, Bloc - much appreciated.

Just in case I misled you - I am talking about a (switchable?) option where a box shows up like on the side of Admin Centre - where we can put links etc.

If that makes a difference - sorry I did not think of giving that as an example.

Many thanks,

dar

dar

Or at least something I could hyperlink back to my front page ....

dar

bloc

Ah, you mean like Themis theme for example? It has a sidebar which you can pretty much construct yourself with html code.

Advertisement: