News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topics Filter v3.0

Started by M-DVD, October 10, 2007, 06:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark-Time

Great mod mates.. inshallah sooner i will try it...

Providing Cheapest Offshore Hosting as low as 5$/year.
MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Kimmie

Quote from: Kimmie on August 06, 2009, 09:06:27 PM
added this mod to RC1.2. Everything went ok (no test fails) however, it didnt add the Letter Filter part at all. I aM also seeing these errors when trying to view a topic:

Unknown column 't.id_topic' in 'field list'

Any ideas?

Shark-Time

its installed and working great for me..

well i want to know can you do little modification so users can also search through message icons??

it will be really great to have modification like that.. and it will be really kool cuz i havent seen any thing like filter message icon on any other forum..

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Kimmie

Quote from: Kimmie on August 15, 2009, 05:03:10 PM
Quote from: Kimmie on August 06, 2009, 09:06:27 PM
added this mod to RC1.2. Everything went ok (no test fails) however, it didnt add the Letter Filter part at all. I aM also seeing these errors when trying to view a topic:

File: /home/****/public_html/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 495

Any ideas?

Bump. Has this mod been abandoned?

.LORD.

Quote from: Kimmie on August 24, 2009, 12:45:27 PM

The author is On Hiatus. Have patience.

Kimmie

Quote from: .LORD. on August 24, 2009, 06:21:35 PM
Quote from: Kimmie on August 24, 2009, 12:45:27 PM

The author is On Hiatus. Have patience.

I "have" been patient.. for 3 weeks now lol and thats why I asked if the auth had dumped it like so many others so without letting folks know.  Figured it was time to ask since generally after that time frame, it ususally means its been dumped.

Any idea when he will be back?

Total Errors so far:

8: Undefined offset: 60
Line: 128

Any board with "more than 2 pages" - you cannot view any page other than page 1 and is what is generating the 1st error I listed.

.LORD.

Quote from: Kimmie on August 24, 2009, 10:44:07 PM

I don't know. I've just read his personal text.

and thats why I asked if the auth had dumped it like so many others so without letting folks know.

Yes, but in this case has left a text personal with "On hiatus". Afaik, that's like saying "I'll be back".

Leaving without notice, or leave a notice of "Hasta la vista baby  8)" wasn't the case.

Perhaps he are on vacation, or perhaps has a lot of work.

I "have" been patient.. for 3 weeks now lol

Yes, but we are all volunteers here. This is a privilege.

Any board with "more than 2 pages" - you cannot view any page other than page 1 and is what is generating the 1st error I listed.

Try disable the Filter Pages.

Kimmie

Quote from: .LORD. on August 29, 2009, 10:21:57 AM

I don't know. I've just read his personal text.

and thats why I asked if the auth had dumped it like so many others so without letting folks know.

Yes, but in this case has left a text personal with "On hiatus". Afaik, that's like saying "I'll be back".

Leaving without notice, or leave a notice of "Hasta la vista baby  8)" wasn't the case.

Perhaps he are on vacation, or perhaps has a lot of work.

I "have" been patient.. for 3 weeks now lol

Yes, but we are all volunteers here. This is a privilege.

Try disable the Filter Pages.

Well since I dont use the mod in the thread you just gave me, and therefore have no reason to even be in that thread, it would have been kind of hard for me to know that he was on hiatus now wouldnt it? lol. Unfortunately, I am not a mind reader and do not read every single post on this site. Kinda busy with real life and all  8)

Actually, when most mod auths go on "hiatus" they "usually" put that in their custom name so that it shows under their name so that everyone knows no matter where they are at and dont have to keep asking these kinds of questions. 8)

ok so Filter Pages, just what exactly are those? Wanna explain that in "english" since I no longer have this mod installed (was tired of 500+ errors every day) so I cannot go looking for whatever setting that is, however, if you would like to explain it in more detail, I would be more than happy to reinstall the mod and attempt what you suggested   ;)

.LORD.

Quote from: Kimmie on August 29, 2009, 11:16:46 PM
Well since I dont use the mod in the thread you just gave me, and therefore have no reason to even be in that thread, it would have been kind of hard for me to know that he was on hiatus now wouldnt it? lol. Unfortunately, I am not a mind reader and do not read every single post on this site. Kinda busy with real life and all  8)

Actually, when most mod auths go on "hiatus" they "usually" put that in their custom name so that it shows under their name so that everyone knows no matter where they are at and dont have to keep asking these kinds of questions. 8)

The text personal is less visible, but the badge only is privilege of the Team.  :P

Quote from: Kimmie on August 29, 2009, 11:16:46 PM
ok so Filter Pages, just what exactly are those? Wanna explain that in "english" since I no longer have this mod installed (was tired of 500+ errors every day) so I cannot go looking for whatever setting that is, however, if you would like to explain it in more detail, I would be more than happy to reinstall the mod and attempt what you suggested   ;)

Look the third image of the MOD.

Disable "Filter Pages" oops "Filter by Topic per Page"

I think the error is by this filter in some situations.

Kimmie

Quote from: .LORD. on August 30, 2009, 01:35:58 AM

The text personal is less visible, but the badge only is privilege of the Team.  :P

True and there is also the "signature area"  (but im not gonna sit here and argue about it) :)

QuoteLook the third image of the MOD.

Disable "Filter Pages" oops "Filter by Topic per Page"

I think the error is by this filter in some situations.

Thank you and I will try that and see if it works.

Edit: unfortunately, that didnt work. Once this mod is installed, you simply cannot access anything other than page 1 on a board or you get this (without actually using the filter). I tried turning off each setting one by one, etc, but nothing worked. I even turned off the entire filter, but it still gave the error so there si a conflict somewhere just by it being installed.

Thanks anyways for trying to help. I thought the pagedropdown mod might have been conflicting with it so I even tried uninstalling that, but no go. I will just have to wait until the mod auth comes back to figure out wat the issue is.

MaXiForum.cz

Check your database Kimmie.
The changes in the database probably didn´t run up.

Kimmie

Quote from: MaxiPes on August 31, 2009, 03:24:30 PM
Check your database Kimmie.
The changes in the database probably didn´t run up.

Im not sure what that even means, sorry  :-[. Could you be a little more specific? Thanks :)

MaXiForum.cz

Quote from: Kimmie on September 03, 2009, 08:19:56 PM
Im not sure what that even means, sorry  :-[. Could you be a little more specific? Thanks :)

Does your database contain this modification?

Kimmie

Truthfully, I am not actually sure how to tell if they are, or if those queries need to be run. I will look more into this sometime tomorrow as I have a very busy weekend ahead of me. Any additional info you can provide would be greatly appreciated as it will speed up the process :)

Shark-Time

hey what about my problem? has any one looked in to it??

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Shark-Time

well guess have to ask again here..i posted here before but now its on pg 23...

i was asking can any make messageicon filter possible here..  i mean filter the topics through message icons..just put another drop down for MI filter..

this is how my message filter looks but i want to put MI filter in it too...

it will really awesome to have that feature too...

can you make it possible?

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Kimmie

Quote from: MaxiPes on September 04, 2009, 03:13:31 PM
Quote from: Kimmie on September 03, 2009, 08:19:56 PM

Does your database contain this modification?

k I will reinstall the mod and then check the DB. Before I do, How do I tell if those queries were ran when it installs?  Or should I go ahead and run them after I install it?

Shark-Time

Have any one this problem that the filter thing dont work in internet explorer??

i have this problem.. when i open my site in IE the filter thing dont appear. which sucks my site.. cuz the bar remains there with nothing in there.. i need this mod.. but i want some one to make this bug fix...

see my this topic and you will understand what im saying..

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=336276.0

please please fix this problem of IE...

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Shark-Time

is this mod still supported by its author? if yes then why no replies from him... do any one else understand on my problem...
has any one else checked that is there mod is working in IE? i mean the old ver. its giving me prob in ver 6.0 of internet explorer...

common at least show some guts and reply to this post...

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Advertisement: