News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Choose A Theme screenshots

Started by pulpitfire, November 16, 2004, 09:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pulpitfire

Is there any way you can assign a screen-shot to the new themes you create, so when a person goes to the Choose A Theme page, they will see the screen shot for that theme, the way it does for the default image?

diplomat.

like the thumbnail? yeah you can...you can take a pic of your skin while its on your screen by pressing the " Prt Scrn " button on your keyboard and copying it to a gfx program...that what i did

like here is the thumb for my default skin

is that what u mean?
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

pulpitfire

yes, that's what i mean, but how do you do it?  maybe there should be a built-in way to specify a screen shot image for that page.

Jerry

To replace that image, make the screen shot with your gfx program like he said above and go to your choose themes page, right click the image get the url, and replace the file on your ftp.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Oldiesmann

Create a screenshot, name it thumbnail.gif and upload it to your theme's images directory. If you would prefer to call it something else, you can edit the thumbnail info in Themes/yourtheme/Settings.english.php.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

pulpitfire

well, thanks for stimulating thought.  i guess SMF uses the default image directory when you create a new theme.  but you can't just slap an empty images folder in your new theme directory, and change the images directory settings to that, because then you won't have any images for everything else.  so what i had to do was transfer a copy of the default images folder to the new theme, change the images directory information in the current theme settings to the images folder of the new theme, then add the new thumbnail gif.  now it works.

Oldiesmann

You could have just modified Themes/yourtheme/Settings.english.php to point to a different image without having to copy all of that over...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

pulpitfire

hmm...when i made a new theme, the only three files that were automatically created for it were index.php, index.template.php, and style.css.  is that correct?

Jerry

yes that is correct, it only copies those from the default, I woulc copy the /images/ folder from /default and change the image directory on the admin panel for your new theme to the real directory of your theme /yourtheme/images

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Advertisement: