News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

a little bug!!!

Started by Mohammad, October 12, 2007, 06:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohammad

Hi every body
take a look here ;)

http://www.domain.tld/forum/index.php?action=helpadmin%3bhelp=THIS%2520SITE%2520HaCKED%2520BY%2520EVERYTHING%2520@%2520EVERYTHING.com

we have this problem in every SMF version
i mean 1.1.4 and older...

just replace the "domain.tld" with your desire SMF forum & change the continue sentence
HACKED!!!

please do something about this

Thanks

karlbenson

Indeed this was reported before. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=189591.0

All they can do is add text.  The text is escaped so they can't hack/expoit your site.

See the last post on the above link where I posted a fix for it.

Would be nice if this got added to the bug tracker so even thought its not a security risk, it still needs quashing.

Mohammad

Okay!
thanks for your fast response
but this bug was reported on previous version "1.1.3"
why didn't Simplemachines didn't do any action in new release?

Thanks

karlbenson

it may have got missed.

I've got no idea.  Hopefully this time it will get added to the bug tracker.

SleePy

Its more of a feature than a bug.
I don't remember the developers reasons but they coded it purposely so you could do this. This is why it is cleaned up before it allows it ;)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

karlbenson

afaik the the helpadmin is part of the 'admin' for the popup question mark for help.  This does not as far as i remember show up outside of the admin.

Therefore would it be prudent to make it 'admin only'. (even if just for the last bit)

SleePy

the link can be used outside admin help. But this poses no threat at all. You can't do anything with it besides make it say cool things :P

Linky  :P
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: