News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Attendance mod

Started by higherauthority, October 14, 2007, 01:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

higherauthority

I would love to see an attendance mod.   Mabye there is one I could not find one.

When events are listed on the Calendar

The user would have the ability to check an option that would state if they are attending or not.

Could show a list of attendees and Non attendees.

This way all users would see who was going to attend and who is not.

hvusnme

I would love this too. Please and pretty please.
Elizabeth

c3vettes

I've been waiting around for this for many moons.
SMF 1.1.5, Subdreamer 2.4 Pro, Coppermine 1.4.10, Flash Chat 4.8.3
www.ncvettes.com
www.cheersdears.com
www.josephcwoodard.com

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

dry3210

darthi8nt

There is one I have it up and running on smf1.1.4 to see it in action goto http://www.deepprogressions.com and check out events. I tweaked the mod Phat Jacks calendar mod I think it was.
"You don't know the power of the Dark Side of the Force!!!!"

eleven0

I don't see it, do you have to register?

Also, can you post what you did to get it working on 1.1.4?

p0x

Quote from: darthi8nt on November 28, 2007, 05:42:12 PM
There is one I have it up and running on smf1.1.4 to see it in action goto hxxp:www.deepprogressions.com [nonactive] and check out events. I tweaked the mod Phat Jacks calendar mod I think it was.

Could you by any chance post the changes you made to the mod to make it work?

Would really love to see this feature in the core though. It'd especially help online gaming communities, which in turn would increase the SMF userbase quite a bit I imagine.

hvusnme

Did anyone ever figure this out????
Elizabeth

darthi8nt

I revised this old mod to work with smf 1.1.4  test on smf 1.1.4 and sphinx on 2 sites now. here is the link to the mod.
http://download.yousendit.com/83A48AB544DAF295

eleven0

An Error Has Occurred!
Hacking attempt...

It gave me this error, when I tried to install it.

higherauthority

Quote from: eleven0 on January 21, 2008, 09:53:40 AM
An Error Has Occurred!
Hacking attempt...

It gave me this error, when I tried to install it.
Im running 1.1.4 and I get the same thing. that sucks because that mod seems to do exactly what I need it to do (Creat the attendance list)

Oh well cant win them all

darthi8nt

This has stumped me but it will still work through the package manager if you add the attendees to your mysql database manually.
Basically you need to do this db_query("ALTER TABLE `{$db_prefix}calendar` ADD `attendees` TEXT;", __FILE__, __LINE__);
what that is saying you will need the name attendees added to your database prefix calendar with text. If you have access via php my admin it is easy. Once you have the database altered click proceed in the package manager and it will then install sucessfully.

eleven0

It's giving me SQL Error. Can you re-check?

imogen

I also had a go at intstalling the package and got the message hacking attempt. I havent tried to modify the Database and manually install the files yet as I dont really have the time to do it. But if you can get the package working correctly that would be great.

Cheers,

Imo.

darthi8nt

Ok I think I worked out all the kinks in this mod had to rewrite the database table code as smf changed its security settings. And had to fix an issue in posting but it seems to be working now through the package manager.
Here is the new link for the download
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8sl08s

:D

eleven0

dry3210

Got it installed and it works but this error keeps coming up in the error log

http://www.dry3210.com/forum/index.php?topic=31.0 
8: Undefined index: cal_force_default
File: dry3210.com/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 848

darthi8nt

I don't have that error message in my error logs.Maybe send me a copy of your display.php file and modsettings.php and post.php file and i'll look them over to see whats going on.

dry3210

Quote from: darthi8nt on January 31, 2008, 04:41:19 PM
I don't have that error message in my error logs.Maybe send me a copy of your display.php file and modsettings.php and post.php file and i'll look them over to see whats going on.

Attached em to the Files thread over on the site and approved your account.  Let me know.  No big deal if it wont' work

Advertisement: