News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Attendance mod

Started by higherauthority, October 14, 2007, 01:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tadrobertson

An update for this mod would be greatly appreciated.

Kindred

doesn't anyone even bother to READ?

Quote from: Kindred on December 06, 2008, 09:57:38 PM
Quote from: Kindred on October 05, 2008, 11:03:52 PM
phatcalpack was discontinued several versions ago.

I am considering re-writing and releasing a new version with SMF 2.0 comes our of beta, but until then.............
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

oridyne

Kindred, 

It is really good you are looking to rewrite this mod and I appreciate the time and effort this will take to achieve. However, without knowing when the Release Candidate of 2.0 is going to be released, or how much work it's going to take to rebuild my forum (I tried upgrading an offline version to 2.0 beta4 but the theme I use broke). I wanted to get this version of the mod installed.

I have a need for the functionality of this mod now, but I am not expecting anyone to rewrite or update this version just asking if anyone has found a way round the errors, if not I'll just see if I can fix it myself or just live with the errors.
<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Big Bang Burger Bar

tadrobertson

Kindred,

I did read all of the post and I was just giving you my appreciation for you taking the time to look into this. I felt that since all you really get for the hard work you put into these things is the fact that you know that it is appreciated. So I felt that I should let you know that there are those out there that do and any work you put into this mod would not go unseen or unappreciated. I'm sorry if my post appeared anything other than that.

Kindred

ok...  thanks, then, tad.    I thought your comment was just another request for an update for 1.1.7. :)

I am working on the update for 2.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

maerco

Is there also a version of this mod that work with SMF 1.1.7?

Kindred

no... and there never will be.

I have now started working on the update for 2.0RC1   Estimated date 3-4 weeks

(clarification: Estimated date for me to release this MOD for RC1...   I do not have a fixed date for the public release of RC1)
Слaва
Украинi

RustyBarnacle

Oh my, thats the one thing that could turn me to 2.0 ahead of a final release.

maerco

dry3210

Quote from: fals on June 05, 2008, 01:58:40 PM
Quote from: dry3210 on June 05, 2008, 12:42:22 PM
I updated my forum to 1.1.5 and still can't get it to have the mod work on anything but the one board

Hi
I had the same problem. So i "hardcoded" a new button on the message.index.php
This way it works on ALL boards and the user can even choose board on the post page ;-)

Open message.index.php
Find:

// Create the button set...
$normal_buttons = array(
  'markread' => array('text' => 'mark_read_short', 'image' => 'markread.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=markasread;sa=board;board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.0;sesc=' . $context['session_id']),
  'notify' => array('test' => 'can_mark_notify', 'text' => 125, 'image' => 'notify.gif', 'lang' => true, 'custom' => 'onclick="return confirm('' . ($context['is_marked_notify'] ? $txt['notification_disable_board'] : $txt['notification_enable_board']) . '');"', 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=notifyboard;sa=' . ($context['is_marked_notify'] ? 'off' : 'on') . ';board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';sesc=' . $context['session_id']),
  'new_topic' => array('test' => 'can_post_new', 'text' => 'smf258', 'image' => 'new_topic.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=post;board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.0'),
  'post_poll' => array('test' => 'can_post_poll', 'text' => 'smf20', 'image' => 'new_poll.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=post;board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.0;poll'),

After, add this line:

'calendar' => array('test' => 'can_post_poll', 'text' => 'calendar23', 'image' => 'linktocal.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=calendar;sa=post;board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.0;sesc=' . $context['session_id']),

In your languages folder - index.english.php, add:

$txt['calendar23'] = 'Post new event;

This works by me :-)

I tried that on 1.1.8 and still only on the one board :idk:

Kindred

As I have stated a number of times. I never made this to work for 1.1.x
I will not make it.

I am working on a version for 2.0RC1+ and that is the only version I will support.
Слaва
Украинi

dry3210

Quote from: dry3210 on February 15, 2009, 01:11:39 AM
Quote from: fals on June 05, 2008, 01:58:40 PM
Quote from: dry3210 on June 05, 2008, 12:42:22 PM
I updated my forum to 1.1.5 and still can't get it to have the mod work on anything but the one board

Hi
I had the same problem. So i "hardcoded" a new button on the message.index.php
This way it works on ALL boards and the user can even choose board on the post page ;-)

I tried that on 1.1.8 and still only on the one board :idk:

Nevermind, that, I think did work but doesn't help me with editing an already posted thread.  But it'll do for now. 

zapiy

I am learning php, could i take this mod and strip it to create a basic events sign up mod?
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

tripl3r

This seems to be working fine for me on smf 1.1.10
custom themed also

tripl3r

Why does the username of the attendee appear twice though? with one in brackets?

Babalui

Quote from: tripl3r on November 19, 2009, 12:44:03 PM
This seems to be working fine for me on smf 1.1.10
custom themed also

Hi, what exactly is working on your forum?

I also need this mod for 1.1.10!

Arantor

There is a mod called Event Registration which is pretty much this.

dry3210

Quote from: Arantor on December 26, 2009, 07:11:48 AM
There is a mod called Event Registration which is pretty much this.

+1. Works pretty good too.

Advertisement: