News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoFeaR / NFSMW

it doenst allow me to have a space in the description. it only takes the word before the space.

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

NoFeaR / NFSMW

MultiformeIngegno

Uhm... are you trying to add this code in a post or in an external page (ssi.php)?
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

NoFeaR / NFSMW

No no. I made a Bcc article. I use the bcc embedded code like this [smg id=659]
So i want a description to show with the picture.
Here is a link of a page of a article without photo descriptions.
http://www.ilnika.com/index.php?page=41
Below or above the picture i want the description.

MultiformeIngegno

Uhm... I'm asking Nao (don't remove the page, so he can look at it.. uh, and if you can: add the description code)! :)

flamechica

I use SMF 1.1.11 with the Aeva Media 1.3a and  SMF Gallery Lite. I am having trouble adding new albums to my gallery. When I go to the Admin Panel -> then to Aeva Media under the Albums section -> then click on the New Albums tab, it only gives me the option to add child albums of existing albums. If I go into the SMF Gallery Mod and add a Category, then it doesn't show up in the Aeva Media Mod. Only the ones that were there prior to adding the mod show up. Am I doing something wrong?

Ken.

The Aeva Media 1.3a and the SMF Gallery Lite are two separate gallery Mods, so you will not be able to make an album or post an image in one and have it show up in the other.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Kat9119

I'm curious about something with this.

I currently have Coppermine Gallery which is bridged to my SMF forum.

Is there a way for me to copy my existing Coppermine Gallery (so I have a test version), then convert my gallery to this one using the converter found here: http://media.noisen.com/item/2603/ so that way I can mess around with it and see if I like it.

OR

Am I going to have to completely backup and recreate my entire forum and coppermine gallery to convert that new one into Aeva Media?

Kindred

As far as I know, the converter does nothing with the original database or files and just creates a copy in the new format.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chep

I have used the Coppermine converter. It leaves the Copperimine installation as it was. Meaning it doesn't touch the database or file system. Therefore you could install AEVA and still make sure you like it.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://bosveldboerbokklub.com/index.php?action=media;hs=;zoomin_cur=
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: aeva_albums
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /****/bosveldboerbokklub.com/Themes/default/Aeva.template.php
Line: 192

What is this error

Kat9119

So, in theory...

If I backup all my photos/videos/files and just in case the database of Coppermine...

Then use the converter, and I don't like it. I can go back.

However, I'd like to test it and not touch my coppermine, so there is no downtime while I'm messing around with Avea...

Any suggestions?

deansmar

my sugestion would be to make a local test enviroment with WAMP or XAMP

do your testing localy and then make your disision wether to use this or not..

Soms

Quote from: Kat9119 on August 25, 2010, 10:04:21 AM
So, in theory...

If I backup all my photos/videos/files and just in case the database of Coppermine...

Then use the converter, and I don't like it. I can go back.

Yes. After converting, you still have your coppermine running as before and the newly install AEVA running side by side. If you so wish, you may then delete one or retain both. No harm is done at all.

Kat9119

Quote from: deansmar on August 25, 2010, 10:09:58 AM
my sugestion would be to make a local test enviroment with WAMP or XAMP

do your testing localy and then make your disision wether to use this or not..

I have heard of doing this, but have no idea how to do it

deansmar

do a google search for WAMP server... download ... install on your computer.... copy your website into the www folder .... load your database... and test..

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: NFSMW on August 20, 2010, 08:29:17 AM
No no. I made a Bcc article. I use the bcc embedded code like this [smg id=659]
So i want a description to show with the picture.
Here is a link of a page of a article without photo descriptions.
http://www.ilnika.com/index.php?page=41
Below or above the picture i want the description.

Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on August 20, 2010, 07:22:59 PM
Uhm... I'm asking Nao (don't remove the page, so he can look at it.. uh, and if you can: add the description code)! :)

Okay, here is the fixed preg_match_all (there was a problem in the parse_bbc stuff):
[code removed, fix has been sent to the user by pm]

eng_HK

What If I don't want to use the gallery feature? there's a way to disable it??

Advertisement: