General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragooon

Quote from: NFSMW on August 27, 2010, 01:42:22 AM
I have a really stupid question. On my site i am putting videos. But they dont start playing. That anamation in the centre of the video block just keeps turning. Is there something i am doing wrong or with what should i convert my video so that everyone can view it like on youtube?
Do you have a link?

Dragooon

Quote from: Kat9119 on August 26, 2010, 04:13:36 PM
In addition to my problems above, is there a guide to using this thing anywhere, I haven't seen one yet.
What do you need help with? It is quite easy to use actually....

Ken.

"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: NFSMW on August 26, 2010, 02:46:09 AM
Where and how do i apply the fix.

[Code removed, fix sent by pm]
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

NoFeaR / NFSMW

ok i see what you sayd. With wat can i convert my videos so that it works.

drfun

First all i want to say a very big thanks to Neo, he has done a wonderful work. having read through 234 thread on this issue,
i have come to understand Neo's stand and have been able to solve some of my problems with the mod. However i wish to as this question because i have not read it asked, my it could be on another thread. i will appreciate any contribution.

1) Is there a way i can disable the random iteam on the home AEVA home page of mysite from showing and allow just the iteams   uploaded and embeded to show; just like that on the screen shot in the AEVA mod download page and  the sample Neo posted showing the sexy rounded edges of his work.

2) How can we in Africa that are not included in the paypal list purchase AV2.0 , if Neo can consider Liberty Reserve, i think it will
    really help in making payment for this Golden Mod.

Neo, Thanks for this mod, I love it.
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

sclark9583

I installed the latest version of Aeva Media to my SMF 1.1.11 site...and for some reason it does not show up anywhere on my forum?...any ideas?........I tried the default theme and nothing....checked permissions...its not there either....any advice?

Sclark

YogiBear

Presumably you've installed v1.4

I have to ask but did you uninstall then delete v1.3a before installing v1.4?

Some of the 2x facilities have now been backported so worth checking the Media tab hasn't now been set hidden from all admins.

Sorry if seems obvious but trying to go through it step by step.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

sclark9583

I never had v1.3 just the 1.4 I just downloaded and installed...installation said everything went fine...do I need to install the older version?...I checked the tab that says Enable the mod....and it dont show anywhere on the top of my SMF default page...very strange.....

thanks for the help...still need to figure this one out..

Sclark

Kat9119

Quote from: Dragooon on August 27, 2010, 04:07:42 AM
@Kat, try increasing your php memory limit and time out and then re-run the conversion(Delete AeMe's data folder and database tables and re-install it).

I uninstalled it. I couldn't figure out why it was doing what it was doing. I don't know how to increase my php memory limit. I tried increasing the time, and that didn't work.

Quote from: Dragooon on August 27, 2010, 04:09:25 AM
Quote from: Kat9119 on August 26, 2010, 04:13:36 PM
In addition to my problems above, is there a guide to using this thing anywhere, I haven't seen one yet.
What do you need help with? It is quite easy to use actually....

A lot of the items in the admin panel I had no idea what they were for...so not knowing what they were for = hard to set up. I can't say specifically now because I uninstalled it due to that timing out issue where I couldn't import my whole coppermine gallery

Manu.G

I made the upgrade to 1.4, uninstalled 1.3a and installed 1.4, but now I getting this entries in the error log

Quote8: Undefined variable: in_page
File: /.../.../..../.../..../Sources/Aeva-Subs.php
Line: 2943

How to fix this?  :)
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Bugo

Open Aeva-Subs.php, find:
$cnt = 0;
$ex_album_id = 0;

and replace with:
$cnt = 0;
$ex_album_id = 0;
$in_page = 0;

Manu.G

Quote from: Bugo on August 29, 2010, 05:02:41 AM
Open Aeva-Subs.php, find:
   $cnt = 0;
   $ex_album_id = 0;

and replace with:
   $cnt = 0;
   $ex_album_id = 0;
   $in_page = 0;

Thanks a lot! Works like a charm!  ;D
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

LHW

Quote from: Nao/Gilles
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=200401.msg2764706#msg2764706

Actually, it's

static $in_page = 0;

Otherwise the code's purpose is defeated. I forgot to backport that line.
I'll fix the downloadable package in a sec'. :edit: Done.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=200401.msg2764286#msg2764286

Disabling Gallery (for admins) wasn't backported. It's actually more code than what you'd think. And I need to keep a few incentives for the 2.x branch, eh  O:)

YogiBear

v1.4 installed all lovely.

One query : when showing random items it now only shows text instead of the pics themselves. Is there a setting dozy Bear here has overlooked?

LHW

Try clearing your forum and browser caches.  If that doesn't work, try regenerating the thumbnails from the Maintenance section.

YogiBear

Sorry, LHW, I explained that badly. What I meant was the random items, but not the albums themselves, were showing in filestack view instead of thumbnail view and I can't find where to switch the random items to normal view.

LHW

There should be a link under the Featured Albums that looks something like this:

Items view: Normal view Filestack view

It controls the view for both the Recent Items and the Random Items as well.

YogiBear

Oddest thing, LHW. I even went back to v1.3a to see if that shed any light on it. Sure enough I have the option to switch Recent Items to Normal View / Filestack View but changing that setting has no effect on Random Items.

It's one of those 'nice to have' rather than 'must have' things but I'll keep digging to see what I could have missed.

Advertisement: