General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

So, what is the latest progress ?
Do we get soon a working solution ?

We really need some fixes for the problems,
otherwise to upgrade to RC4 is not an option...

Illusive

im using Aeva Media Gallery it works Great
i already have a script to show most recent images on my main page

<?php
// Configurable Graphics block
// Scrolling Options - on/off direction, speed, delay
// Item display oprions Random/Newest, number of item to display,selectable albums

// Marquee script Variables
$marq_offon 0;                   // 0=off 1=on
$marq_behavior "scroll";         // what should marquee do "scroll"
$marq_direction "up";            // "left" , "right" , "up", "down"
$marq_height "290px";            // size of viewable block area
$marq_scrolldelay 10;            // delay iteritions
$marq_scrollamount 3;            // how many pixels to scroll block each iteration
$marq_onmouseover "this.stop()"// what to do on mouseover
$marq_onmouseout "this.start()"// what to do on mouseout

// Aeva script variables
//       - Gets items : array aeva_getMediaItems(int start, int limit, string sort, bool all_albums, array albums, string custom)
$aeva_start 0;                   // where item number to start at
$aeva_limit 16;                  // maximum number of items to display
$aeva_sort 'm.time_added DESC';  // sort see Aeva-Subs.php for values I use 'RAND()' or 'm.time_added DESC' DESC or ASC for sorting order
$aeva_all_albums true;           // all albums .. true or false 
$aeva_albums = array(1);            // for a single album put eg: array(10) for an array of albums eg: array(3,5,7) for all albums eg:array()
$aeva_custom ='m.id_media';        // aeva custom string
// - Creates HTML for viewing items : string aeva_listItems(array items, bool in_album = false, string align, int per_line)
$aeva_in_album false;            // unknown paramiter .. set to false by default for now 
$aeva_align 'center';            // allign items 'left' 'center' 'right'
$aeva_per_line 2;                // number of colums to display at once eg: 1 for single .. 3 for 3 items accross

global $sourcedir;   
require_once(
$sourcedir '/Aeva-Subs.php');   

// -------------------------------------
// Don't edit anytrhing below this line
// -------------------------------------

// Start marquee routine if set to do so
if ($marq_offon == 1){
   echo 
'<marquee behavior=',$marq_behavior,' direction=',$marq_direction,' height=',$marq_height,' scrolldelay=',$marq_scrolldelay,' scrollamount=',$marq_scrollamount,' onmouseover=',$marq_onmouseover,' onmouseout=',$marq_onmouseout,' >';
}
// end marquee routine

// start actual block to be displayed

echo '<div style="width: 100% height:',$marq_height,'; overflow: hidden;">';
    echo 
aeva_listItems(aeva_getMediaItems($aeva_start,$aeva_limit,$aeva_sort,$aeva_all_albums,$aeva_albums,$aeva_custom),$aeva_in_album,$aeva_align,$aeva_per_line);
    echo 
'</div>';
// end actual block to be displayed

//start marquee routine   
if ($marq_offon == 1){
echo
'</marquee>';
//end scrolling routine

?>

for some reason it doesnt show any videos that are posted in gallery....

i would like to have a block that only shows the most recent images and one that shows most recent videos as well
i have been doing the videos the hard way with Dhtml.
any help with this would be much appreciated.
iv included a few images to help explain.

My Allegiance Is To The Highest Bidder

NoFeaR / NFSMW

My limit per folder is 500 it shows this to me in an TP Article it shows the limit here. http://www.ilnika.com/index.php?page=58

Manu.G

[size=78%]I don't know if this question was asked before.[/size]
I tried to search the topic, but 250 pages are to much and the search option hasn't shown me what I was searching for.

Is there a way to change the skin of JW Player?
I'm using at my site a JW Player and I want to use the same play-skin, which is in use at my site, in the forum too.
http://www.longtailvideo.com/addons/skins/50/Modieus-(aka:-Stylish)?q=

Thanks for help. :)
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

AZMazda3

I have searched this thread, which is rather long. Is this mod worth adding? It seems as though there are some serious issues to me regarding this mod. Perhaps I am reading into it to far. I just want to add the ability to post videos from YouTube or similar easily.

We currently have:
SMF 2.0 RC3
SimplePortal 2.3.2
Simple Gallery lite 3.0.1

I have not unistalled SG Lite yet, but ran an install mod to see if any errors would pop up and we got this:

1.   Execute Code   db_aeva.php   
   2.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
   3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Post.php   Test successful
   4.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test successful
   5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Who.php   Test successful
   6.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test successful
   7.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php   Test successful
8.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php   Skipping file
9.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french-utf8.php   Skipping file
   10.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   1.   Add Before   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test successful
   2.   Add Before   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   3.   Add Before   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test successful
   11.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test successful
   12.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test successful
   13.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test successful
   14.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Profile.php   Test successful
15.   Extract Tree   ./Sources   
16.   Extract Tree   ./Themes   
17.   Extract Tree   ./mgal_data   
18.   Extract File   ./MGalleryItem.php   
19.   Extract File   ./expressInstall.swf

So is it worth me messing with it? I don't want to spend hours to get to work. Unless I have to because our members say they want it. I'm just probing for now I guess for feedback. Thanks!

Kindred

if you already have gallery lite, then you probably only want the aeva lite version...

and a failed file just means that something else changed the target code already (like another mod)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

YogiBear

@ AZMazda3 : Aeva is known to be a 'clean coded' mod. The problems can occur when using it with some Portal and/or Chat mods.

To add to what Kindred said you might try installing Aeva then add the other mods and go for manual installation of whichever one shows up an error.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

NoFeaR / NFSMW

improv

About Aeva-Media 1.4b,
I am sorry to ask but is there an option so the auto-embedding can be used with bbc code?
It's really annoying at spots when it auto embeds the movies.

b4pjoe

Quote from: improv on November 18, 2010, 01:43:32 PM
About Aeva-Media 1.4b,
I am sorry to ask but is there an option so the auto-embedding can be used with bbc code?
It's really annoying at spots when it auto embeds the movies.

You can use the noembed tag so it doesn't embed it.

[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_EFdod4YDo[/noembed]

Or turn off auto-embed completely in the AEVA control panel.

hartiberlin

I am voting for to integrate the AEVA MOD into SMF 2.0 Gold !

This way, maybe the SMF fork is not neccessary !

Why can´t you just let Nao and Aranator be again in the SMF team and
let them bring in their talent to make just the bug fixes and new features
already into SMF 2.0 Gold !

The SMF team really has to move faster, as other BB systems get better and better
and SMF just sleeps the whole last time...

We need more and better features already inside the SMF core and faster deployment !

So why is the SMF team letting these good programmers go and not work together with them
to get SMF 2.0 Gold out with new great features ?

Regards, Stefan.

improv

live627

@hartiberlin:
The fork is necessary for more reasons than Aeva. I will not go into details.

Sure SMF has fallen behind - but, who can fix that? The current dev team (and I shall note that they recently took on another Consulting Dev)

b4pjoe

Quote from: improv on November 18, 2010, 05:48:07 PM
Hmm great.
But there is no option to use
tags like that?

The noembed tag works with any type of remote file I think. Not just youtube.

fmofmpls

Just wondering if this mod works with videos from the Internet Archive?

Kindred

I do not think so....   if it is not on the list of supported site, you would have to add it to the list yourself
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fmofmpls

b4pjoe

More info on the SMF 2.0 RC4, Aeva 1.4b and PortaMx v0.990 incompatibility. If you comment out the line

ob_start($obs && ($obs['name'] != 'default output handler') ? $obs['name'] : null);

from the 2 AEVA files aeva-subs.php and aeva-embed.php the white screen issue disappears in pages with embedded links. This is when the PortMx copyright disappears on those pages so I think those 2 issues are related.

I have tested AEVA 1.4b installed along with all 5 Portals that are available for SMF 2.0 RC4. SimplePortal, DREAM Portal, EzPortal, Adk Portal, and PortaMx. It works flawlessly with every portal except PortaMx...no white screens and no missing copyrights. I did not have to comment out the line of code above for any of the other portals. See attached images.

I'm not sure I would call it a bug as both of these softwares work fine independent of each other but there is definitely an incompatibility between PortaMx and AEVA that I can't duplicate with other Portal software.

And then...

I have done a little more testing...

We know that pages with embedded links display as white pages when PortaMx v0.990 is installed. We also know if we comment out the one line of code

ob_start($obs && ($obs['name'] != 'default output handler') ? $obs['name'] : null);

from Aeva-Embed.php and Aeva-Subs.php that it fixes the white screen issue. Also, there is no white screen issue on the other 4 portals mentioned earlier but if we leave the line of code commented out and install the other 4 portals all of their copyrights disappear just like with PortaMx...except for EzPortal which places it's copyright above the SMF copyright. The other portals all place their copyright below the SMF copyright just like PortaMx and the Aeva Embedding copyright replaces their copyrights just like it does with the PortaMx copyright sooooo....
obviously the line line of code

is causing the conflict/white screen issue with PortaMx and the fix of commenting out that line of code in those two files causes the Aeva embedding copyright to replace any copyright directly below the SMF copyright instead of adding itself below that copyright as it does if that line of code is not commented out (Except that causes the white screen issue if PortaMx is installed).

AZMazda3

Quote from: Kindred on November 17, 2010, 02:02:35 PM
if you already have gallery lite, then you probably only want the aeva lite version...

and a failed file just means that something else changed the target code already (like another mod)

So Aeva Lite will the YouTube feature?! I didn't think it did.

Toontje

QuoteI updated Aeva, but videos are shown twice?
You did not uninstall the old version the right way, didn't uninstall it at all, or the removal didn't go as expected. You will have to manually remove code that is left from the installation!

I have this issue. Can someone guide me finding the code to remove?

Thanks,

Ton.

Advertisement: