General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

Neular

I absolutely loved this mod, however i had a few issues and i tried to resolve them by uninstalling and reinstalling. However as soon as i uninstalled it and tried to refresh my website i get this error now.

Fatal error: parse_bbc() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/N/e/u/Neular/html/Sources/Aeva-Embed.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/N/e/u/Neular/html/Sources/Subs.php on line 997

I cant bring my home page up or anything, i just keep getting this. Im not a coder but i understand enough, so if anyone could help me get my site back up and running again i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Arebias

Quote from: Neular on December 13, 2010, 07:29:04 PM

Fatal error: parse_bbc() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/N/e/u/Neular/html/Sources/Aeva-Embed.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/N/e/u/Neular/html/Sources/Subs.php on line 997

When you un installed it apparently there were some errors that you ignored. The Subs.php file is calling the Aeva-Embed.php file on line 997 and that file no longer exists.

You need to go to the mod page http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=977  and select which version you installed and the version of SMF that you are running and then Parse the mod.

Follow the directions in reverse to find all areas that Aeva has inserted code into the listed files. You need to ensure all of the code has been removed and that will allow you to no longer have errors from residual code.

It is a tedious and time consuming process.  Attention to detail is a must!

Good luck.

Neular

ugh, thanks for the response.. when i installed it there were no errors, just the "skipping this file" on the french language packs.  the issue i was having was when i tried to check out a member's profile page i was getting some redirect error.  from my research on that error it installed improperly so thats when i decided to try it again.. and boom.. heh i'll get working on it see if i can get it working again, thanks for the reply again.

PLAYBOY

How can i add the adsense code on the footer, top or bottom of the copyright?

Because there is no "maintab_back.gif" in my custom theme, i get a broken link picture on "New Album" button.

When i see the forum in default theme this is the code:
<tr>
<td class="maintab_first">&nbsp;</td>
<td class="maintab_back"><a href="http://www.site.com/forum/index.php?action=media;area=mya;sa=add" >New Album</a></td>
<td class="maintab_last">&nbsp;</td></tr>

But when i see the forum in my custom theme the code becomes this and i get a broken "New Album" picture error
<tr>
<td class="maintab_first">&nbsp;</td>
<td class="maintab_back"><a href="http://www.site.com/forum/index.php?action=media;area=mya;sa=add" >New Album</a></td>
<td class="maintab_last">&nbsp;</td></tr>

where is the problem and how can i fix it?

Can somebody help me please. I have so many problems with this mod.

When anybody adds an album it automatically becomes a featured album. Therefore its not added in the gallery. I have to go and change it the option to YES for every new album for it to appear in the gallery.

?? Any ideas ??

Edit: I combined all the problems. Sorry.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

trekkie2444

Can someone tell me why this is coming up?

An Error Has Occurred!
An error happened during the upload process, please try again or contact the administrator.
file_not_found ()

PLAYBOY

Really? Nobody can help me about any of my problems?
Thx guys.

PLAYBOY

I think i got it.
Members cant publish albums in the gallery root (homepage) but they can publish an album as a child of their previously published albums.

Now the question is; How can they publish an album in the gallery homepage/root?

OMG. I Think i hate this mod more everyday. But i uploaded 31.000 pix and cant step back now.

PLAYBOY

And finally, here is a huge bug!
When you try to make move an album as a child of its own child album, the gallery crashes and gives 404 for its everypage!
As a result this bug just crashed and wasted my 31000 picture gallery!

I couldnt find a solution or an UNDO option for this yet.

Nice job author for no support, horrible updates and finally for a huge bug!

I dont recommend this mod to nobody!

Update: When you try maintenence options and fix the gallery it overloads the server with connections ending with 503 errors. So you will have to talk to your shared hosting company to get it back up.

I know it says it may overload on the option itself but it never made my server go overload before this particular problem. So The end of my aeva story...

I uninstalled it! and will have to delete 31000 pictures from through ftp myself. Because uninstalling option doesnt delete the files you shared. Horrible Mod!

Kindred

wow....     you do something incredibly silly and then, when it has a bad effect, you just say "the mod is bad"?

First and foremost: The author is currently banned from this site. This means that he can not provide support here.   It also states in this thread and on his site that he has stopped providing support for versions prior to his paid release (2.x).\

As for your errors:

1- purposefully creating a recursive directory with no parent?   WOW... just wow.  It is no wonder Nao never even thought to error check for that, because I can not conceive of a reason to do that.

2- Uninstalling does not remove the images or the settings.   YES!!!   This is absolutely CORRECT behavior. If you uninstalled the mod in order to install the new version, and lost your 31,000 pics, you'd be even more upset

3- Fixing this...   Ummm....   simply going into the database and correcting the parent/child relationship between the albums which you messed up would have corrected the issue and gotten everything working correctly.

4- huh, another wow...  You blame the mod for your action (which actually has a warning!)?

and as for your other questions, previously....
You essentially flood the thread with serial posts. :(

The permissions system is both a strength and a weakness...   If you allow users to create albums in the root, then they have permissions to modify other albums in the root... The User Albums feature (much requested) does exactly what it is intended to do... it allows a user to create a user owned album.
If you want to view those, then change your link to ?action=media;sa=vua instead of just ?action=media.

(adsense? If you are trying to add additional code to a mod, then you need to learn some coding skills of your own. you would, of course, add the code in aeva.template.php)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Spoogs

Quote from: PLAYBOY on December 16, 2010, 07:14:59 AM
I dont recommend this mod to nobody!
Just because its not working out for you doesnt meant its not working for anyone else... I am not having any of the issues you've described thus far.

Edit... Kindred beat me to it

Wally.

Hey guys, I just went through the process of updating my site and I updated to the RC4 version of Aeva Media 1.4c. Now my media gallery layout is messed up and IE is reporting an error.

QuoteMessage: 'hs' is undefined

So I did a view sorce on the page and found this on the line in queston:

Quotehs.Expander.prototype.onInit = function()

Does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this?

Looks like I finally tracked down my problem. It appears that the package went wonky when it was being installed. Instead of a Themes/default/aeva/ folder full of scripts and such to make the gallery work it wrote a corrupt file called aeva. I assume that this was supposed to be the folder that everything would have been put in. The thing that confused me was the install didn't report any errors. I only found the problem when I started going through the install list file by file and comparing it to the actual installed files.

Mayhem30

This mod needs a serious overhaul.

When enabled, the main forum page shows : Page created in 0.342 seconds with 15 queries

With it disabled, it shows : Page created in 0.034 seconds with 11 queries

That is not acceptable - and now the designer wants you to pay for it?  This is just the plain "AEVA lite" mod - hate to see the results with gallery included.

YogiBear

But do you notice a real difference in how quickly or slowly the page loads?

We'd need to know any other mods you also have installed to consider what is causing this plus knowing the technical specification of your hosting package could help.

The page here took 0.894 seconds to load with 11 queries.

How does Aeva's loading time compare with other mods which do a similar job?
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Spuds

QuoteWhen enabled, the main forum page shows : Page created in 0.342 seconds with 15 queries
And how many of the embed sites do you have enabled?  The more sites you enable, the more checks need to be done and the slower things will go.

Arantor

And in case you didn't read before, the only thing that the author is asking you to pay for is the extra features in Aeva Media 2.0; there is still a free version out there.

Mind you, before long I suspect it won't be an issue...

Mayhem30

Quote from: YogiBear on December 17, 2010, 06:22:32 PM
But do you notice a real difference in how quickly or slowly the page loads?

We'd need to know any other mods you also have installed to consider what is causing this plus knowing the technical specification of your hosting package could help.

The page here took 0.894 seconds to load with 11 queries.

How does Aeva's loading time compare with other mods which do a similar job?

I have not tested any similar mods. The page load time is noticeable with the AEVA mod enabled.

I'm on a dedicated server, quad core 2.93, 8gb ram (4.5gb free). I have not messed with the settings, so I assume all the 'sites' were checkmarked. I'll give it another shot tomorrow with the 5 main sites (that the users use) and post back the results.

nateacer

QuoteAdd section on admin interface to define default keywords and description

I still have the keywords box there but no description box  :'( :'( :'( :'(
What's wrong!

Arantor

QuoteThe page load time is noticeable with the AEVA mod enabled.

Yes, when you have it checking for several thousand variations across 200 different media sites to see if the user has posted a link, it isn't going to be as fast as not checking at all, is it? Common sense tells you that much...

Or were you after the ability to check for several thousand variations of 200 different sites and hoping it wasn't going to slow *anything* down anywhere? Sorry, life ain't like that.

Advertisement: