General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

I cant believe im doing this but...
I had to install this mod again because there is nothing better than this one for my needs. So i have to put up with it until a nice update or somebody else comes up with a better gallery.

Anyways here is the question...

I already put all the files to mgal_data/ftp folder and now when i try to put them into the album i want it shows "Done 0 of 29484. Page will refresh itself" but it comes back to the ftp upload page with no change. So it doesnt put the pix in the album i wanted.

It should process and create a thumbnail for each of the picture right? It doesnt process nothing and goes back to the same ftp page.

Shivakumar L Narayan

Hi Folks,

I have just setup a gallery/forum using SMF and Aeva combination. I have few queries with regard to the usability setup.

a. Is there a way to keep the comment section enabled by default ? Currently the comment section needs to be enabled by clicking on the right arrow mark below the image posted.
b. Is there any additional mod that i can install using which i can publish the posted image to twitter or facebook directly from the gallery page ?

Very new to both SMF and Aeva so help regarding this will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Shiv

Spoogs

Quote from: PLAYBOY on December 18, 2010, 10:43:04 AM
I had to install this mod again because there is nothing better than this one for my needs. So i have to put up with it until a nice update or somebody else comes up with a better gallery.

I already put all the files to mgal_data/ftp folder and now when i try to put them into the album i want it shows "Done 0 of 29484. Page will refresh itself" but it comes back to the ftp upload page with no change. So it doesnt put the pix in the album i wanted.

It should process and create a thumbnail for each of the picture right? It doesnt process nothing and goes back to the same ftp page.

Guess the other mod was out of your price range ehh...

Anyway didnt you already successfully do this before... what are you doing differentlly... maybe read back a few pages to see if you're missing a step

PLAYBOY

If i was to pay even a penny for anything online, i wouldnt be working with smf :)

Last time i have seperated them into 41 different folders and uploaded each folder through regular mass upload page with flash.

This time i dont really want to do it that way because it took 2 days the last time. Thas why im trying to do all at once.

Spoogs

Quote from: PLAYBOY on December 18, 2010, 11:38:08 AM
If i was to pay even a penny for anything online, i wouldnt be working with smf :)
Yet your posts are almost demanding at best... anywho you were told how to do this earlier in this thread.

Spuds

Quote from: Shivakumar L Narayan on December 18, 2010, 10:49:49 AM
a. Is there a way to keep the comment section enabled by default ? Currently the comment section needs to be enabled by clicking on the right arrow mark below the image posted.
If you are referring to the quick reply comment box, then you could find the following in aeva.template.php

<div id="quickReplyOptions" style="display: none">
and replace it with
<div id="quickReplyOptions"', $options['display_quick_reply'] == 2 ? '' : ' style="display: none"', '>

and also
function template_aeva_viewItem()
{
global $galurl, $context, $amSettings, $txt, $scripturl, $settings, $boardurl, $user_info, $amFunc;

must have options added to the global line like such
function template_aeva_viewItem()
{
global $galurl, $context, $amSettings, $txt, $scripturl, $settings, $boardurl, $user_info, $amFunc, $options;

that should have that comment box follow the quick reply theme settings ..... if you don't want it to follow the theme just remove that display: none part.

Spuds

Quote from: Spoogs on December 18, 2010, 11:54:23 AM
Yet your posts are almost demanding at best... anywho you were told how to do this earlier in this thread.
Spoogs, you are being very kind ... hard to get motivated to help someone who is being so negative towards a mod and now smf it seems.

Spoogs

Quote from: Spuds on December 18, 2010, 12:17:52 PM
Spoogs, you are being very kind ... hard to get motivated to help someone who is being so negative towards a mod and now smf it seems.
I dont mind trying to help (if I actually can) but there's a point when I just back off..

Noone told him to delete all the items he initially had a hard time uploading without doing some research on the alternatives he thought he had available.

He somehow has these issues that noone else seems to have, hardly explains much about what he's doing that causes these issues

He ignores blatant warnings while attempting to do what he's doing

And after all that has the nerve to demand help... sorry but unless someone else comes along with similar issues I offer nothig else to those issue.

Should I point out I just uploaded almost 10k items since my last post

Arantor

The sad thing is that it's this kind of crap that drove Nao to distraction, and since too few people bothered to step in before, he got cross and eventually was post-banned.

Spoogs

Funny enough this reminded me of something you said to me in a PM before about how some people are when they are seeking help. They act as though someone owes them something.

b4pjoe

Quote from: PLAYBOY on December 18, 2010, 10:43:04 AM

Try running the AEVA maintenance utilities. That has worked for me before when the FTP import wouldn't work.

If that doesn't work...after your previous mess, it might be best to uninstall and then delete the AEVA tables from the database and delete the "mgal_data" folder and then re-install. Of course, move your 30,000 images from the ftp folder to another temp folder on your server and after the re-install move them back into your "mgal_data/ftp" folder so you don't have to re-upload all 30,000 of them.

teh_Krall

Quote from: IncognitoMuse on December 18, 2010, 12:41:27 PM
The sad thing is that it's this kind of crap that drove Nao to distraction, and since too few people bothered to step in before, he got cross and eventually was post-banned.

He still supports it on his site right? I was actually looking around for the paid version last night but had trouble finding it. It was 3:30 AM though :D

Spoogs

there is a support board for the 2.0 version... you must create an account @ noisen.com and in your profile area you will find 'Paid Subscriptions' <-- this is where you make your purchase... the support board and access to the 2.0 version will be available to you after your purchase.

Arantor

Sometimes I help support it too, but I don't know the code nearly as well as Nao does.

PLAYBOY

Comment section problem is solved. Thx Spuds

I still have a lot to say but I actually dont wanna talk more about the issue. Lets focus on the topic and support ok?
I have already tried the the way which was explained before as you said. But the page doesnt process the files. When i put only like 100 pictures, it process them and put them in the album. But when they are 30 thousand of them, it doesnt even process one. It says 0 out of 29000 then refreshes the page which goes back to the ftp upload page.

QuoteTry running the AEVA maintenance utilities. That has worked for me before when the FTP import wouldn't work.

I will try that. Thx.

QuoteIf that doesn't work...after your previous mess, it might be best to uninstall and then delete the AEVA tables from the database and delete the "mgal_data" folder and then re-install. Of course, move your 30,000 images from the ftp folder to another temp folder on your server and after the re-install move them back into your "mgal_data/ftp" folder so you don't have to re-upload all 30,000 of them.

Well i actually did all of these. After my freaking out about this mod, i uninstalled and delete everything. I even deleted the DB entries mod had created then i shopped all arround including third party, out of smf galleries for anything better but no solution. I am stuck with this mod. So right now im starting all over again.

But this time i dont want to upload 41 different folders one by one through regular upload system of the mod. I would like to use ftp instead, if its easier.

QuoteHe still supports it on his site right?

Kindred said he doesnt. So i havent even try that yet. I wish he is.

Quotethere is a support board for the 2.0 version... you must create an account @ noisen.com and in your profile area you will find 'Paid Subscriptions' <-- this is where you make your purchase... the support board and access to the 2.0 version will be available to you after your purchase.

So there is no support for free version. Kindred was right.

Anyways, i ll try maintenence options and let you guys know the result.

Update: Nope. Maintenence wont make any difference. Still doesnt process from ftp. Would CHMOD be the couse of this issue? I mean folders are 755. I donno what else i can try.

Arantor

Question: why should Nao provide free support when people like you irritate him no end, people who just seem to think people like me (mod authors) owe you something?

THAT's why there's no free support, too many whiners wanting, expecting, demanding, without thought or attempt to help themselves.

Ihmeliö

I was trying to link to a video with Aeva Media installed. However, while trying to post the message, the software says that the message field was left empty. (In addition to the video link, there was also lots of other stuff in the post.) I tried with another video, and that worked fine. I got it to work by removing http:// in the link, but would still like to know why this bug happens, and whether it can be fixed.

The link is http://vimeo.com/17955670 if that helps.

b4pjoe

Quote from: PLAYBOY on December 18, 2010, 04:22:20 PM
I have already tried the the way which was explained before as you said. But the page doesnt process the files. When i put only like 100 pictures, it process them and put them in the album. But when they are 30 thousand of them, it doesnt even process one. It says 0 out of 29000 then refreshes the page which goes back to the ftp upload page.

When you go to the AEVA FTP import page does it list all 29,000 files? Trying to do that many files at once could be an issue with more than AEVA.

Spuds

Quote from: Ihmeliö on December 18, 2010, 05:49:38 PM
I was trying to link to a video with Aeva Media installed. However, while trying to post the message, the software says that the message field was left empty. (In addition to the video link, there was also lots of other stuff in the post.) I tried with another video, and that worked fine. I got it to work by removing http:// in the link, but would still like to know why this bug happens, and whether it can be fixed.

The link is http://vimeo.com/17955670 if that helps.
I just tried this on a generic rc4 forum with only 1.4c installed and could not replicate this issue.  Probably an issue with other mods that you have installed.  Which mods do you have other than AM?

PLAYBOY

Quote from: IncognitoMuse on December 18, 2010, 05:01:09 PM
Question: why should Nao provide free support when people like you irritate him no end, people who just seem to think people like me (mod authors) owe you something?

THAT's why there's no free support, too many whiners wanting, expecting, demanding, without thought or attempt to help themselves.

I am trying so hard not to give impolite answers to these kind of offensive words. I ll keep my mouth shut. As i said before... lets focus on the title ok? People dont appreciate nor thank when they demand. I always show my appreciation.

QuoteWhen you go to the AEVA FTP import page does it list all 29,000 files?

Yes it does. I can see all of the pix there on the list.

QuoteTrying to do that many files at once could be an issue with more than AEVA.

Thas actually what i was thinking too but what is the limit of that amount so i can use that feature 2-3 maybe 4 times at the most and take of the job.

One more thing is that, i cant see the tiled background images behind the moderation (and new album) tabs.
It shows as broken image link. When i switch to default theme and look at the page source. its trying to load "maintab_active_back.gif" and other maintab images. So i copy that image into my themes images directory but it doesnt load it. Because it tried to load /themes/pdx-dx/images/ folder not the file. Its wierd.

Advertisement: