News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

@andershz: sorry, yes, you're right it's only in the paid version. Looks to me as though the paid subscription is still available at aeva.noisen.com with the caveat that you probably won't get any support unless I can be bothered to do so (since Nao is not supporting it at all these days, and before anyone does the 'I paid for it and am entitled to support' war-dance, that's the heads-up: no support is guaranteed whatsoever unless I can be bothered to do so)

@igirisjin: I've not been aware of any malicious facility in SMF/Aeva, and if material is being embedded from outside your forum, it's up to that site to be malware-free - and when you mix dodgy codecs (which are a time-honoured method of serving malware) into the mix, it's almost certainly related to that and not to SMF/Aeva. (Correlation does not imply causation.)

FrizzleFried

I'll go on record saying the paid version of Aeva IS WELL WORTH THE $9.99 ... support or no support.

The drop down "Add an item / add an album" option alone is worth the ten bucks. 

Just get your french to english translation site up as you have to jump through some french language hoops to pay for and download the full version.

Arantor

On behalf of Nao, thanks :)

Part of the hoop is the slightly botched way that SMF paid subs are handled - the language displayed for PayPal is language used by the person whose account it is, since Nao's French, the PayPal page is also French. I did patch that in Wedge many months ago but backporting that to SMF would be interesting these days.

The other part of the problem is that there is no way to have multiple-language anti-spam Q&A in Wedge, which is problematic given how the only area of Noisen that is English is the Aeva area, and the rest is all French and as such the Q&A is French too. I haven't yet found a way I'm happy with to provide multiple-language support for questions.

OCJ

Well, there is a linked message on the preview for movies suggesting downloading a plugin to play the movie - If that isnt installed with Aeva where does it come from?
At the moment that is the closest possible connection,... and I did say it was a cautionary note and 'coincidence', even though any malicious code has only been a problem after clicking the plugin link on the aeva gallery display for the video.

Arantor

That comes from the browser itself. Aeva merely indicates that content is of a certain type, if the browser has the plugin, it'll play, if not it'll request you install the relevant plugin. Sounds to me as though there's something else askew in terms of plugins.

Shambles

Quote from: Grand Duke on May 23, 2012, 08:31:28 PM
Well, that's my dirty hack:

1. Open Sources/Subs-Aeva-Sites.php
   a) Find string:
'movie' => 'http://assets.vimeo.com/flash/moogaloop/5.0.5/moogaloop.swf?v=5.0.5&clip_id=$2&server=vimeo.com&fullscreen=1&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=01AAEA',
   b) Replace it to:
'movie' => 'http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=$2&server=vimeo.com&fullscreen=1&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=01AAEA',

2. Go to Administration/Mod Settings/Aeva sites/Popular Sites
   a) Switch "Vimeo" to OFF and Save settings;
   b) Switch "Vimeo" to ON and Save settings.

Now Vimeo embedding must working a correctly.

Thanks - that worked a treat for me too  8)

inter

Why that title goes above and breaks the code of the page design:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://tiraspol.me/Themes/default/aeva/am.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://tiraspol.me/Themes/default/aeva/hs.css" media="screen" />
<style type="text/css">
.pics td { -moz-border-radius: 5px; }
.aeva_rounded { -moz-border-radius: 5px; }
</style>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tiraspol.me/Themes/default/aeva/highslide-2.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
function hss(aId, aSelf)
{
var aUrl = aSelf.href;
var ah = document.getElementById('hsm' + aId);
hs.close(ah);
hs.expanders[hs.getWrapperKey(ah)] = null;
ah.href = aUrl;
hs.expand(ah);
return false;
}

hs.Expander.prototype.onInit = function()
{
for (var i = 0, j = this.a.attributes, k = j.length; i < k; i++)
{
if (j[i].value.indexOf('htmlExpand') != -1)
{
getXMLDocument('index.php?action=media;sa=addview;in=' + this.a.id.substr(3), function() {});
return;
}
}
}

var slideOptions = { slideshowGroup: 'aeva', align: 'center', transitions: ['expand', 'crossfade'], fadeInOut: true };
var mediaOptions = { slideshowGroup: 'aeva', align: 'center', transitions: ['expand', 'crossfade'], fadeInOut: true, width: 1 };

if (hs.addSlideshow) hs.addSlideshow({
slideshowGroup: 'aeva',
interval: 5000,
repeat: false,
useControls: true,
fixedControls: 'fit',
overlayOptions: {
opacity: .66,
position: 'bottom center',
hideOnMouseOut: true
}
});

hs.lang = {
moveText: 'Переместить',
closeText: 'Закрыть',
closeTitle: 'Закрыть (Esc)',
loadingText: 'Загружается...',
loadingTitle: 'Отменить',
restoreTitle: 'Нажми для выхода и перетащи изображение',
focusTitle: 'На передний фон',
fullExpandTitle: 'Реальный размер (f)',
previousTitle: 'Предыдущие (левая стрелка)',
nextTitle: 'Следующий (правая стрелка)',
playTitle: 'Запустить слайдшоу (пробел)',
pauseTitle: 'Пауза (пробел)'
};
hs.outlineType = 'rounded-white';
hs.numberOfImagesToPreload = 0;
hs.graphicsDir = 'http://tiraspol.me/Themes/default/aeva/hs/';

// ]]></script>
</head>

Fixed!  8)

File: Aeva-Subs.php

Find:
if ($add_to_headers || (ob_get_length() === 0))

Replace:
if ($add_to_headers || (ob_get_length() === 0) || (!empty($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action'] == 'torrent'))
Sorry for my English

buckslayer

Well, I've done my best to read through all of the posts but I can't find an answer to my question, so here it goes...

We installed the Avea gallery and ended up getting errors right from the start so we decided to remove it until we had everything else the way we wanted it. Once we removed it (or tried to) we started getting a ton of other issues with other mods. It apprears that the Avea mod weaved itself into a ton of other folders and just won't go away.

Anyone have any tips for removing something that says is uninstalled?

Thanks

ApplianceJunk

On the mod page there are Manual Install Instructions.
You could use them to see what edits are made to what files in SMF when the mod is installed.

Then manually check them files to make sure all the code has been removed.

Arantor

Well, had you told us what the errors were, maybe we've had been able to help.

All you can really do at this point is to go to the mod's page (where you downloaded it from), and use the parse option on the right to list all the changes it made to your forum and remove it manually.

Though if it didn't uninstall properly (or install properly in the first place) I'd suspect you have much larger problems with your forum anyway.

Edit; ninja'd.

buckslayer

Quote from: Arantor on May 31, 2012, 04:38:46 PM
Well, had you told us what the errors were, maybe we've had been able to help.

All you can really do at this point is to go to the mod's page (where you downloaded it from), and use the parse option on the right to list all the changes it made to your forum and remove it manually.

Though if it didn't uninstall properly (or install properly in the first place) I'd suspect you have much larger problems with your forum anyway.

Edit; ninja'd.

By errors I guess I should have said that the forum started working poorly once I added the gallery. Nothing showed up on the error logs. We simply installed the gallery, it said it installed but wasn't working right so we uninstalled it. When we uninstalled it, it said it was removed but it isn't.

As far as having other issues, I really don't know how. It was a new forum freshly installed the current version of SMF. It started to get busy with posts, we added the gallery and poof this stuff happens. We did not play around with changing mods and other stuff like that, it was just a few mods like the facebook like button and an articles page and thats about it.

Arantor

But... you haven't said what actually went wrong. You've just said 'it wasn't working right', which doesn't help me help you fix things.

Biology Forums

How do I make youtube videos posted in profiles have a custom width and length, seperate from what I programmed in the main settings?

trebor09

Hi all,
   I just downloaded and installed this mod...... and as with a lot of mods..... I get this kind of stuff across the header......

Quote// Aeva Media extra strings $txt['aeva_gallery'] = isset($txt['aeva_gallery']) ? $txt['aeva_gallery'] : 'Media'; $txt['aeva_home'] = 'Home'; $txt['aeva_unseen'] = 'Unseen'; $txt['aeva_profile_sum'] = 'Summary'; $txt['aeva_view_items'] = 'View items'; $txt['aeva_view_coms'] = 'View comments'; $txt['aeva_view_votes'] = 'View votes'; $txt['aeva_gotolink'] = 'Details'; $txt['aeva_zoom'] = 'Zoom'; $txt['permissiongroup_aeva'] = 'Aeva Media'; $txt['permissiongroup_simple_aeva'] = 'Aeva Media'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_access'] = 'Access Gallery'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_moderate'] = 'Moderate Gallery'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_manage'] = 'Administrate Gallery'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_access_unseen'] = 'Access unseen area'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_search'] = 'Search in Gallery'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_add_user_album'] = 'Add Albums'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_add_playlists'] = 'Add User Playlists'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_auto_approve_albums'] = 'Auto-approve Albums'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_moderate_own_albums'] = 'Moderate own Albums'; $txt['permissionname_aeva_viewprofile'] = 'View anyone\'s Gallery profile'; $txt['cannot_aeva_viewprofile'] = 'You cannot view Gallery profiles'; // End Aeva Media strings

I am using the core theme of SMF..... 2.0.2

I have tried using different BBCode mods and they all do the same thing...... maybe not the same words... but still stuff like this shows up in the header....
On other mods as well...... it does the same........

I am pretty new to this stuff and I don't do code.....
  I use the package manager for download and install........

So.... what am I doing wrong and please tell me its easy to fix...... ::)

Arantor

What it means is that some other mod didn't do its job problem.

Please attach your Themes/default/Modifications.english.php file here and I'll fix it.

Kindred

or, so you clearly know the problem

--the mod added lines of code after the closing ?> in modifications.english.php

open your file, find the ?>, delete it form wherever it is and add it at the very end of the file (the last thing... no spaces, no carriage returns, nothing after it)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

trebor09

well........ I got on my server..... went to themes/default  and I don't see the Modifications.english.php file anywhere in there.......

Is there another file extension or something......?

oh.... I uninstalled it........ would that make the file your talking about ...not show up.....

Arantor

Biology Forums

Quote from: Liam_michael on June 04, 2012, 06:03:19 PM
How do I make youtube videos posted in profiles have a custom width and length, seperate from what I programmed in the main settings?
Could someone please help me with this :(

trebor09

ok ... I'll be back very soon..... I have to go reinstall......

Advertisement: