General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolhall

Quote from: mark7144 on August 15, 2009, 01:47:24 PM
Strange, maybe it's a 1.1.9 only issue. When I put [noembed] around the link, it posts successfully which leads me to think it relates to AEVA.

Please can someone using 1.1.9 confirm whether this bug exists?

See if your forum gives you an error when you try and post this:

[size=15pt]Baby P trio's security put at £1m[/size]

The extra cost of providing security for the three people identified as allowing the death of Baby Peter could rise to £1m a year, a union has said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8196143.stm

I have the same problem and I am using RC1.2. And I have exactly the same problem with RuTube links.

CiQ

why you use slow ereg() function in Subs-Aeva.php? Why not preg_match()?
also this function is deprecated in PHP 5.3.0.

mark7144

Quote from: poolhall on August 16, 2009, 01:38:03 AM
I have the same problem and I am using RC1.2. And I have exactly the same problem with RuTube links.
Thank you for confirming that there is indeed a bug.

Would you be able to post up a list of your mods so I can see if we have anything similar, just in case this bug is caused by a mod conflict.

Nao 尚

It's just a function I partly copied from php.net to decode UTF8 strings... At least that particular line. Didn't see any reason to update it to a preg_match, because (1) it works as is and it's fast, (2) I don't use UTF myself so I couldn't test it -- I'd rather not fix something that isn't broken, especially when I can't check the fix by myself...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

poolhall

Quote from: mark7144 on August 16, 2009, 11:09:25 AM
Quote from: poolhall on August 16, 2009, 01:38:03 AM
Thank you for confirming that there is indeed a bug.

Would you be able to post up a list of your mods so I can see if we have anything similar, just in case this bug is caused by a mod conflict.
Hide Tag
Custom Tab
Hide Tag BBC Image
Spoiler Tag
Aeva

mark7144

Thanks, I don't use any of those other mods so that suggests that there is indeed a bug with AEVA's code.

RobertHamberg

I get this error after installing this mod:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyaevasettings() (previously declared in /home/hosts/zlajv/www/zlajv.sverok.net/Forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:356) in /home/hosts/zlajv/www/zlajv.sverok.net/Forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 368

Kindred

looks like you installed the mod twice, robert.   you will have to manually remove all the spots of duplicate code (use the mod parser)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Quote from: mark7144 on August 17, 2009, 04:16:31 AM
Thanks, I don't use any of those other mods so that suggests that there is indeed a bug with AEVA's code.
As long as it doesn't happen on my own install -- it isn't.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Naunaud

Hi, just so you know.
I've read that in the past your mod could cause the '+' in a post to disappear and being replaced with ' ' and that it was corrected.
But I'm afraid it still exists.
I've been encountering the problem with SMF 1.1.10 and Aeva 6.9.99. As soon as I uninstalled it, I could repost thing with the '+' without having it replaced automatically.

Kind Regards,

Naunaud.

PS: If you need more test, I can do some :)

Riggs

I love this mod, but one question.  Is there a way to make the WMV links I have on my portal page stop auto playing?  They all start when loading the main page of the site.  Is there a way to just make it so you have to click a link to play it?

Nao 尚

Naunaud, I will need more feedback on this. Never heard of that problem before. Could you post a sample message that is automatically screwed up?

Riggs, no there's no way so far. I could use JW's WMV player but it would require everyone to install Microsoft's Flash competitor (Silverlight or something), which isn't widely available AFAIK. I really could care less about WMV files so I'll just advise to convert your files to FLV or MP4 -- better quality, smaller size.

teh_Krall

Does anyone have a copy of Aeva 6.9.99 floating around? I made a mistake updating to 6.9.100 (didn't read directions :P) and messed up Aeva. I uninstalled both .100 and .99 but I still have the 2 menu items left in the admin panel and I can't reinstall without issues. Thanks!

Riggs

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 19, 2009, 05:55:05 AM
Naunaud, I will need more feedback on this. Never heard of that problem before. Could you post a sample message that is automatically screwed up?

Riggs, no there's no way so far. I could use JW's WMV player but it would require everyone to install Microsoft's Flash competitor (Silverlight or something), which isn't widely available AFAIK. I really could care less about WMV files so I'll just advise to convert your files to FLV or MP4 -- better quality, smaller size.

I can definitely try to convert them.  If I do, will the movies auto play in the other format?  Oh, and BTW, Silverlight is in Windows updates these days.

Kindred

Kraal,

You will have to manually remove the code...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Quote from: Riggs on August 19, 2009, 10:25:06 PM
I can definitely try to convert them.  If I do, will the movies auto play in the other format?
Of course not ;)

QuoteOh, and BTW, Silverlight is in Windows updates these days.
Yeah but I'm unsure what the point is with that software... I mean, I hate it when Microsoft tries to take over a new market. It's annoying. What's wrong with Flash? (Apart from the hefty price tag for devs...)

teh_Krall

Quote from: Kindred on August 19, 2009, 11:13:32 PM
Kraal,

You will have to manually remove the code...

I know, but I'm not sure how similar the code is in 6.9.100 is compared to 6.9.99 to base my removal on. I found a Turkish site with steps for manually installing 6.9.99 so I'll base my removal on that and pray :)

Akyhne

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 19, 2009, 05:55:05 AM
I could use JW's WMV player but it would require everyone to install Microsoft's Flash competitor (Silverlight or something), which isn't widely available AFAIK. I really could care less about WMV files so I'll just advise to convert your files to FLV or MP4 -- better quality, smaller size.
I modded SMG to use JW's WMV. It runs great and people are having no issue installing Silverlight. Just don't use the original silverlight version from the package, but download the latest from Microsoft.

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 19, 2009, 11:24:11 PM
Yeah but I'm unsure what the point is with that software... I mean, I hate it when Microsoft tries to take over a new market. It's annoying. What's wrong with Flash? (Apart from the hefty price tag for devs...)
Flash gives better quality in very high compressions, but if you go higher than 700kb/s the wmv format is way better.

poolhall

Quote from: Akyhne on August 20, 2009, 04:40:16 AM
Flash gives better quality in very high compressions, but if you go higher than 700kb/s the wmv format is way better.
It depends more on a codec, not a container. If h.264 is used in flash videos, the quality is really good at higher bitrates.

ransim

I actually just want to say thanks for the awesome mod. Its been extremely helpful on our forums and it makes my life so much easier then explaining how people could post stuff. So thank you! Especially for the custom page where I can add additional sites.

Also SMF Media Gallery is awesome! I didn't see a donation for AEVA but I did toss one over on SMF Media Gallery since we're using it regularly, just wanted to say thanks though.  ;D

Advertisement: