General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Nao 尚

Well, then delete your own post, instead of editing it in a mysterious fashion...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

stormwatcher

You will have to excuse my ignorance. I think I just figured out what you meant by "bumping" my topic. When I replied to my own topic and it jumped to the top.......that is "bumping" correct? Is that correct?

If so, I sincerely apologize......that probably explains why my last reply had to have moderator approval.

As far as the issue with Avea.........Originally, I just uploaded the zips from my computer to the server.....SMF loaded .....ran fine.........tried to add Avea via the package manager. Avea would upload......pass all the tests........I would add mod..........the mod would report back..........successfully install mod and then immediately ......my computer screen went white with error message saying,

the server encountered an unexpected error......the script is corrupt or failed to produce output.

I then erased all files from server and uploaded the SMF 1.1.10 again and attempted to manually install the Avea mod.

As to your question about editing.......the Dumb Old Chemical Plant Workers Editor ver1.0........I probably wrote something wrong.........that's when I got the error message...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /hermes/web09/b795/moo.storm/Sources/Subs.php on line 888

I then erased all the files from the server again.......upload SMF.........uploaded Avea via the package manager again. Passed Test again.........and once again got....

the server encountered an unexpected error......the script is corrupt or failed to produce output.

I then called fatcow in search of help.......long story short......after explaining the above process and explaining how the permissions really were different after only uploading them to the servers.......they asked me to wait.

My URL is still saying.......

all of a sudden out of nowhere........SMF was back up and running........with the Avea on it and functioning normal. 

They (fatcow.com) said they hit their magic permissions reset button....that was all they did.

I know nothing about programming. I just know that when SMF 1.1.10 was uploaded to limewire.com the zip file had a permission of 705.

The same files was uploaded to fatcow.com and had a permission of 644.

To add to this story.....once I got my site back (after the magic button) i continued to add a couple of mods.
Added Enhanced Posted Mod, all was still well.......then added Global Header and Footer mod.

the site cashed.........once again I got.....

I opened the server control panel and noticed that my sources file had permission of 777. I remembered always seeing it at 755.  I didn't change it to 777.

Fatcow or the script did. But I doubt fatcow did........I was not even talking them at this time. maybe that was their magic button. Do not know.

Anyway.....I manually changed the source fie permissions to 755 and have been running every since.

Once again sorry for the "bumping" thingy. I really did not understand when I committed that offense.

I do now and it will not happen again. I am just trying to get my forum up and running and post my experiences so someone else might benefit if they experience the same issues.

stormwatcher

are all my posts going to have to have moderator approval now?

and if so.......is this because of the bumping thing?

Mystiquo

i have a 3.1.2 version can i upgrade it with the last version??? how do i do?

Akyhne

Quote from: stormwatcher on September 07, 2009, 06:24:11 AM
are all my posts going to have to have moderator approval now?

and if so.......is this because of the bumping thing?
Al users posts are post moderated in this topic.

Nao 尚

Spankad

MrPhil

You need to check the offending files before and after installing the mod (by whatever method), and see if HTML entities such as ' got changed to ' in the process. That will give you the PHP error you reported. Learn to download files to your PC via FTP, and compare old and new versions with fc (Windows) or diff (Linux). You may be able to do this on the server (rather than PC), but it's usually more complicated.

What are you using for an editor? I would suggest ViM or Notepad++, though there are other good flat file (plain text) editors out there, and even Window's Notepad will do in a pinch. Just never ever use Word or any other WYSIWYG word processor, and I would suggest that you stay away from WYSIWYG page editors such as Dreamweaver.

"Bumping" is following up your post in less than 24 hours with something along the lines of "hey, is anyone the hell out there???? Give me service!". We're all volunteers here, and will answer your query when we have the time and have useful information to contribute.

A .zip file might well be uploaded as permission 705, even though that's a rather strange permission for such a file. Once unpacked (or manually uploaded via FTP), .php and other files are normally 644 and directories are normally 755. With some server setups, you may need to make some specific files or directories that SMF needs to write to "group-writable" (664/775 respectively) or even "world-writable" (666/777 respectively). Wait until you get an error from SMF reporting that a file or directory is unwritable, before making any permissions changes.

zimode

Ustream Continued-

I think I have the Ustream sort of figured out..

Before I was trying to the link:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/zimodecast [nofollow]

After looking at the Subs-Aeve-Sites.php I realized it should be

http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/1/472059 [nofollow] (which is the id of the channel on Ustream)

So the above worked with the live stream..

Now I'm trying to use the subs-avea-custom.php to do the recorded videos..

I patterned matched the example and it brings up the viewer with the video, but when I hit play the stream seems to buffer, but nothing happens (video advances a frame or 2, then nothing) .. if I hit "reload" icon in the viewer it plays perfectly..

I'm using the following..

$sites[] = array('id' => 'ust2',
      'title' => 'Ustream Recorded',
      'website' => 'http://www.ustream.com [nofollow]',
      'type' => 'custom',
      'added' => '5.2',
      'pattern' => 'http://(?:www\.)?ustream\.com/flash/video/([0-9a-z]{8})',
      'movie' => 'http://www.ustream.com/flash/video\.swf?id=$2', [nofollow]
      'size' => array(480, 386),
      'show-link' => true,
      'lookup-title' => '<title>(.*?)</title>',
      'fix-html-pattern' => '<object [^>]*><param name="movie" value="$1">.*?</object>',

);

Notice anything glaring/wrong or any pointers would be appreciated..

BiggBoss87

Hi, I have a Problem

The HD Video Player are too long

http://interzentr.ru/biggboss87/mycomedyworld/index.php?topic=348.msg818#msg818

how I can make smaller the Player?

Sorry for my bad english :)

Nao 尚

I don't know what's the point in creating a new topic for people to easily read through it, when most people don't even care to read even the *last* page of it...

C4G-TK

Quote from: C4G-TK on September 05, 2009, 05:38:54 PM
@ Nao 尚

I just updated today around 4:30pm and see that this was updated again at 5:05pm.  Is there something in the package that was changed that I need to uninstall and reinstall?  I use a lot of mods on my site and I need to manually do these edits in order to get things to work.

I'm asking this question because I got a notice sometime before the beginning of the month saying that the mod was updated.  I went ahead and downloaded 6.9.101 and installed it on September 5th.  Then, after installing, I saw that it showed the mod had been updated like 30 minutes after I had installed it, but the version was the same @ 6.9.101, so I asked the question.

Also, I see that the changelog still has the last update as being August 29th, so wanted to know if the last modification that took place on the 5th changed anything in the package I had just installed and if I needed to install it again.

I didn't see anything in the thread that stated what was updated on the 5th.

-img removed-

Nao 尚

Mod page update dates only reflect the last time the mod page was edited, not the last time the mod package itself was uploaded.
This can be triggered:
- by editing the description (didn't do that recently though),
- by uploading a file unrelated to the package itself -- e.g. the sitelist for automatic download is what triggered the mod page update. Obviously, when I upload a new sitelist, I do NOT tick the box that allows me to warn everyone of a new release... Since your Aeva will download it anyway, without you having to do anything for that.

C4G-TK

Thanks, Nao 尚

Was just making sure since I didn't see the package number change.

-img removed-

zimode

Jed C

Nao could i ask you favour  ???
if i attach my ManageSettings.php and Admin.php could you edit them for me
the reason i ask is when i try to uninstall 6.9.99 to upgrade i get errors with these two files
the last time i upgraded i had the same issue and i edited them myself
but to be honest i am not confident in my editing skills and not sure if i did it right last time  :-[

Nao 尚

@zimode> you need any?
@steve> uh... anyone here can do it for you I guess. I have no time for this.

NHWD

i upgraded from 6.9.99 to 6.9.101 and now videos from youtube show up twice

Advertisement: