News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimode

Nao- I was the guy with this previous post-- (below).. trying to use the custom script to get Ustream Recorded videos to play properly..

Ustream Continued-

I think I have the Ustream sort of figured out..

Before I was trying to the link:

hxxp:www.ustream.tv/channel/zimodecast [nonactive]

After looking at the Subs-Aeve-Sites.php I realized it should be

hxxp:www.ustream.tv/flash/live/1/472059 [nonactive] (which is the id of the channel on Ustream)

So the above worked with the live stream..

Now I'm trying to use the subs-avea-custom.php to do the recorded videos..

I patterned matched the example and it brings up the viewer with the video, but when I hit play the stream seems to buffer, but nothing happens (video advances a frame or 2, then nothing) .. if I hit "reload" icon in the viewer it plays perfectly..

I'm using the following..

$sites[] = array('id' => 'ust2',
      'title' => 'Ustream Recorded',
      'website' => 'hxxp:www.ustream.com [nonactive]',
      'type' => 'custom',
      'added' => '5.2',
      'pattern' => 'http://(?:www\.)?ustream\.com/flash/video/([0-9a-z]{8})',
      'movie' => 'hxxp:www.ustream.com/flash/video\.swf?id= [nonactive]$2',
      'size' => array(480, 386),
      'show-link' => true,
      'lookup-title' => '<title>(.*?)</title>',
      'fix-html-pattern' => '<object [^>]*><param name="movie" value="$1">.*?</object>',

);

Notice anything glaring/wrong or any pointers would be appreciated..

Kindred

Quote from: CL0WNER on September 08, 2009, 06:44:55 PM
i upgraded from 6.9.99 to 6.9.101 and now videos from youtube show up twice

you did not follow the instructions...

you must UNINSTALL the old version first.   So, not you have duplicated code.   You will have to manually remove the duplicate code from the various source and template files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

@zi> so you mean your script doesn't work? (I thought you just wanted to share it...)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Spankad

*add*
if i add the mod(manually) and just don't enable it:
if you post a youtube link -> white page

please help me i really want a mod like this  :'(

zimode

Nao-

The script brings up the Flash Player & video.. but when I click on it to play.. it buffers but only advances the video about a frame or two & stops (keeps on buffering thought).. But if I then click on the  "replay/refresh" icon in the Flash Player it plays perfectly.. I was wondering if you see something (or someone else) glaring/wrong in the script..

FYI - I did get the live stream to work by using the channel ID number instead of the channel name..

Nao 尚

I don't know, I don't use ustream.
Additionally, they suck. They changed their embed code recently, something one should never do. I still tried to fix it and no one reported on whether it now works or not. Not that I would care much though...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

zimode

Ok.. I'll just keep at it.. until it works.. If I get something working, I'll post it ..

Thanks for your time..

Paracelsus

Nao,

I finally left the old Aevac v4 to use your Aeva... uninstalled the first, installed the second, no problems at all, just had to follow instructions, setup all the desired options et voilá, many thanks. ;D

No flaws at the moment, but I have one question: since my forum has a fixed width, I usually put a max-width limit to pictures and so on and I've noticed that some videos get wider than that. Is it possible to somehow set up a widht limit somewhere?

Akyhne

Quote from: Paracelsus on September 10, 2009, 08:07:37 AM
Nao,

I finally left the old Aevac v4 to use your Aeva... uninstalled the first, installed the second, no problems at all, just had to follow instructions, setup all the desired options et voilá, many thanks. ;D

No flaws at the moment, but I have one question: since my forum has a fixed width, I usually put a max-width limit to pictures and so on and I've noticed that some videos get wider than that. Is it possible to somehow set up a widht limit somewhere?

Quote from: Nao 尚 on September 06, 2009, 07:07:35 AM
Quote from: Kcmartz on September 05, 2009, 12:16:31 PM
EDIT: another great feature would be the ability to like have some instructions and you could add another new site until a update is made! that would be awesome! thanks!
It's already there, uh...

Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php

Read that...

Nao 尚

I will *probably* start working on an option to set a maximum width for all video sites. It seems pretty clear to me at this point that the solution I'm providing is not enough for most people.
I will make sure it can be overridden by code, too. That way, if the layout changes according to the current board being used, it can be changed without hacking Aeva.

Not before next week, though...

sirNemanjapro

Thank you for this MOD. I have installed it and it works just as it should. :)
None of the above applies.

recep34

just installed the mod but there is a problem with vimeo videos.

The player appears on message but video doesnt start, only says, this video cannot be played on this site (same video plays on vimeo well) and all vimeo videos are same (vimeo embbed code doesnt work and url returns this  error message)...

any suggestions ?

Edit: as i figured out now that site.com/forum works fine but forum.site.com dont work ?

plusev

I've embedded a local flv. It plays fine but it shows a black frame before it starts rather than the first frame of the vid. The video plays fine and shows the first frame in my version of flowp so I know the vid is fine. Am I missing something?

Thx

Akyhne

A local video file doesn't contain a snapshot from the video, unless you created one somehow. Besides that, your video player has to know where that image is, and be cable and setup to show the thumb.

Akyhne

Quote from: recep34 on September 12, 2009, 09:40:32 PM
just installed the mod but there is a problem with vimeo videos.

Reporting your own post to get a faster approval, actually is a lot bothering. There is like 60 people receiving an email, just because you want a fast answer. Please stop doing that! Every post will get approved in time.

plusev

Quote from: Akyhne on September 13, 2009, 10:30:06 AM
A local video file doesn't contain a snapshot from the video, unless you created one somehow. Besides that, your video player has to know where that image is, and be cable and setup to show the thumb.

Can that be done? I have at least 100 self ptoduced instructional videos I'd like to use on my forum. Thx

Akyhne

Nao 尚

@recep> Works just fine for me... (Tried with embed code.)
http://aeva.noisen.com/dev/5060/tests-video-embedding/msg233908/#msg233908

@plusev> In order to show a preview, you should make a screenshot yourself, then use SMF Media Gallery to upload your video to an album, "force" a thumbnail for it, and then embed the file via a smg tag. It's longer but it'll work...
Also, if you have ffmpeg-php installed, you won't have to provide a thumbnail for the video. Although it will not work with SMG 2.0 b4/b5 (it's broken on them, and I have yet to find someone willing to give me access to a ffmpeg-php enabled server for me to fix it.)

Nao 尚

Akyhne

Quote from: Nao 尚 on September 13, 2009, 03:53:05 PM
... and I have yet to find someone willing to give me access to a ffmpeg-php enabled server for me to fix it.)
I have a full account and FTP access setup for you already.

Advertisement: