News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

LexArma answered right below the message you linked to.
Which pretty much confirms what I was joking about in my own reply, which was removed without my knowledge. (And I'm not happy about that. Can't the team freakin' take a joke for what it is?)

@Everyone else> Uh, opinions please? My message above?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Akyhne

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on September 29, 2009, 06:01:21 PM
I suggested the button a long time ago. I had my own in my modded Aevac 3.xx ;)

My guess would be that YT eventually will add buttons for all available versions of a file. They already sort of did.

jmil

Quote from: Akyhne on September 28, 2009, 06:07:36 PM
As far as I know, Aeva will work with any theme. No files in the templates are edited. Uninstall the old version, and install the new one.

Worked Like a Champ - Thank You!

villasg

Hi .
I need some help with this mod .
I receive fault in ./Sources/Subs.php on installation
I open subs.php and i canot find the follow
$message = strtr($message, array('  ' => ' &nbsp;', "\r" => '', "\n" => '<br />', '<br /> ' => '<br />&nbsp;', '&#13;' => "\n"));

Can locate me or give me some directions .
I attach my Subs.php

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on September 29, 2009, 11:12:12 AM
Here's the thing. I'm looking into adding a variable in the Aeva admin area, that will allow you to set a maximum width for your videos. For any site. That is, people will get a button below all videos, that will allow them to extend the embed size to whatever you specified. Also, if the default width for any video site is higher than your max width, it will be taken into account, and the video will be downsized, whether in normal or max width mode.
Nice! :D It's good to see the development of this isn't at a complete halt afterall ;)

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on September 29, 2009, 11:12:12 AM
Thanks for your help on this. My current state of mind is to remove anything related to HD and let YouTube offer the button by themselves.
This would seem logical to me, as you can't really know when they'll change the functionality again - and this let's AEVA concentrate on what it is actually for, without the extra fancy stuff.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Nao 尚

@villasg> Your copy of Subs.php is obviously corrupted. You should reinstall SMF from scratch.
If you're in a hurry, then it's at line 2642, but as I told you -- that line is corrupted. It's turning all spaces into two spaces, that's silly! Replace that line, but you probably have more corrupted lines in your source files. I guess.

@LexArma> You can thank YouTube for screwing up with Aeva and forcing me to update (DOWNdate) it... :P

Quote from: Akyhne on September 29, 2009, 06:34:28 PM
I suggested the button a long time ago.
Really?

QuoteI had my own in my modded Aevac 3.xx ;)
Ditto.

QuoteMy guess would be that YT eventually will add buttons for all available versions of a file. They already sort of did.
Well, what I'm interested in, is knowing whether or not their button remembers the last setting anyone (anyone!) used. (Not only logged in users.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

imrich

As to your questions about what to do about the next version of Aeva, well do it! If you can put options in the admin panel to allow people to turn on/off different features, why not? That way everyone can have it either way.

On a different note. Aeva is working great, but I'm having problems with an URL on archive.org.

When it's posted, it gets mangled

This URL

http://www.archive.org/details/Rifle_Marksmanship_with_M1_Rifle_Part_1

gets mangled into this when Aeva does it's magic:

http://www.archive.org/download/http://www.archive.org/details/Rifle_Marksmanship_with_M1_Rifle_Part_1

I tried it on your aeva test site, same thing happens.

I'm new to aeva so I'm still reading all the documentation, any help will be appreciated.

Nao 尚

Answered over at aeva.noisen.com (In short: it's a playlist page, not a video page. Apparently it's a new thing. I'll update the sitelist with a version that retrieves the first item in the page. If you want to post another video in the list, just post its direct URL.)

Akyhne

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on September 30, 2009, 01:57:35 AM
Quote from: Akyhne on September 29, 2009, 06:34:28 PM
I suggested the button a long time ago.
Really?
I showed you my frontpage of my forum where I had added that, but then you came up with the automatic detection of the different formats availabe for each video. So at that point, the button made no sense to add ;)

namtheman

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\domains\bongdanghethuat.com\wwwroot\forum/Packages/temp/aeva_install.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\domains\bongdanghethuat.com\wwwroot\forum\Sources\Packages.php on line 556
PHP Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\domains\bongdanghethuat.com\wwwroot\forum/Packages/temp/aeva_install.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\domains\bongdanghethuat.com\wwwroot\forum\Sources\Packages.php on line 556

this is what i got trying to install the mod!!! help!

swtdivalove

Quote from: plusev on September 29, 2009, 05:02:20 PM
Quote from: swtdivalove on September 29, 2009, 03:19:34 PM
Quote from: swtdivalove on September 25, 2009, 09:54:39 PM
I'm getting this error when I try to watch a YouTube.com video:

Embedding disabled by request.  Please watch the video on YouTube.

I do not get this on all videos that are posted, but do get them on some.

I'm still needing an answer to this.
Thats easy and self explanatory - Youtube is telling you that embedding was disabled on that specific video by request (of them or the onwer) and you need to visit the site to view it. It's a youtube message and has nothing to do with Aeva.

Not knowing exactly what it meant and now I do.  It makes sense.  Thank you!

shadowcrews

how do i add my own site in the list? i have a list of videos loaded in my site and i want it to embed when i post the video link

please advise

Akyhne

Quote from: shadowcrews on October 01, 2009, 04:18:37 AM
how do i add my own site in the list? i have a list of videos loaded in my site and i want it to embed when i post the video link

please advise
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=338923.0#post_post_usage4

Nao 尚

Given the tremendous amount of feedback regarding my last questions (lol), I decided to remove each and single YouTube specific feature in the next version. They will be replaced by a new setting in the admin area, "YT default quality", which will allow you to set your forum to Default or HD qualities by default, and only for YouTube. Other websites won't have this.
I'm currently working on adding a non-local setting (i.e. embed mp3 etc. from other direct links not on your website), and the infamous embed size switcher.
It's quite impressive how a single website (YouTube) managed to make portions of my code so much more complicated... It is NEARLY readable now ;) (Okay I'm kidding... It's still not readable at all :P)

Kevinf

Well, I have to tell that I have the same problem here :

.../index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=aeva or
.../index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=aevasites

ERROR 500 in IE; and White Page in FF...

I don't know what happen...

Regards,

Arantor

What happens in the webserver error log? (Not the forum error log)

Nao 尚

Okay guys... After a day of work, I finally finished a usable version of Aeva7.

I wanted to release it today, but I'm not sure I'll do it. I'm not 100% sure it'll work out of the box, so I'd like all Aeva enthusiasts to test the beta release.

Interestingly, I committed this version (7.0.700) at 17:07. I assure you it wasn't even planned ;) I noticed that when packaging it from the smf-media SVN.

You can read the changelog (which is quite huge for a day of work!) in changelog.txt... I'll post it here only when it's officially released.
Please test all of its features and try to break it! :)

Edit -- oh, and that's post 3142 for me... Another geeky coincidence.
Edit 2 -- beta file removed. Download from the mod page.

LHW

Downloaded and installed without a problem.  The max-width appears to work fine, as well as the quality option for YT videos.

As I mentioned in the past, though, for some reason, the vids are centered within the posts...I looked, and I didn't see any Center or Align tags.  Any ideas on that one?

EDIT: Never mind.  Upgrading SMG to rev 1085 solved the problem.  Thanks, Nao!  ;D

Nao 尚

Lol, you had the same problem as I did ;)
Aeva has its own centering options so there was really no point in centering via SMG. The only reason I had done this was to have Aeva always center videos when viewed as a gallery item. Which makes sense.

Anyone else?
I'm thinking I could release now... But there's always the possibility that I'll have to release a 7.0.701 the next day because of a sudden bug, and I don't want that :P

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I installed your beta, haven't had any issues so far with it. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: