News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

Good :)

Oh yes, if it works and then after a while the sites are broken, just reupload the updated site list and regenerate it. May be because it's downloaded an earlier version. I don't think it will do that, though!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Kevinf

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2009, 11:06:27 AM
What happens in the webserver error log? (Not the forum error log)

Where can I see this log ? :)

Cheers,

Nao 尚

Auto-Embed Video & Audio (Aeva) v7.0.700

Changelog

Version 7.0                                      1st October 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------

+ Added an admin setting to force HD by default on YouTube videos
  that offer it. Note this will affect all users.
- Removed all other YouTube-related features, thanks to their lack of
  commitment to fixing their broken system. If your Subs-Aeva-Custom file
  made changes to YouTube sizes, make sure to delete them for best results!
+ Added an admin setting to allow anyone to post "local" files that are
  hosted on other servers. Use with caution!
+ Added an admin setting to allow a maximum width for all videos. The new
  ui-height sitelist setting allows you to perfectly resize all videos
+ Added Small/Large links below all videos to allow users to view them at
  the intended embed size, or use the maximum allowed size (if higher).
* Replaced ereg calls with preg_match, for compatibility with PHP6
* Rewrote the External Embedding Disabled error message so that even
  village idiots can understand it. :D

Find the complete changelog in the package's changelog.txt file.

It's out :)
For beta testers -- I fixed the "local external" files support. Tested with one of my secondary domains, worked just fine. Added actual text in place of the -/+ buttons (which were barely visible).

Can any of you tell me, if you are a subscriber, if you received an e-mail notice about the new release? I had a server timeout right after the release but the files went through so I guess it was okay.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

LHW

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 01, 2009, 03:22:09 PM
Can any of you tell me, if you are a subscriber, if you received an e-mail notice about the new release? I had a server timeout right after the release but the files went through so I guess it was okay.

I got mine.  ;D

Nao 尚

Okay good.

Now I'm just waiting for some feedback.............. I'm sure it won't be long now....... :P

Arantor

Usually available in your cPanel area under Error Logs.

Kevinf

Well, I checked in '/var/log/httpd/'

And I can't find anything about that :(

Cheers

Arantor

Is there a /var/log/httpd/error_log ?

SamTical

Hello,

actually, i do not know wheather my problem is caused by the new version of this mod or by a wrong configuration of my SMF (upgraded to Version 1.1.10):

I installed the Avea Mod for the first time and there were no problems during the installation. But after the installation nothing appears in the Configuration menu, there is no Avea menu where I can enable the mod. Therefore this mod does not work on my system...

maybe someone can help me finding the reason why it does not work. I also set all the permissions of all files to 777 but it won't help!

C4G-TK

Got the email...

Updated the mod...

Working fine on SMF2.0 RC1.2

-img removed-

erdem86

Hi I am short on server resources.

Does Lookups consume any CPU or bandwidth?

What would recommend for "Store & show video titles" option considering bandwidth / CPU shortage?

distante

Hi everybody!!

A couple of questions
QuoteIf a version of Aeva >= 5.2 is already installed, you don't need to uninstall and reinstall, you can simply overwrite the Aeva source and language files with newer versions, no further changes being made to the SMF core files.

I have the 6.9.101 installed, That means that I can install the v7 over my current version?

2. I want to make active the "redtube" embed, but when I try to do it in the Admin panel says that my session expired!.
Theres any way to do it manually? I was looking into the Subs-Aeva-Sites.php file but I cannot find how to enable it.

Regards and thanks Nao/Gilles for this awesome mod!

Nao 尚

IIRC, white pages are usually an error that doesn't get caught normally, i.e. the regular page flow is broken and no output buffer gets sent to the browser.
This can be a server error, but sometimes it's also a bug in the code... Although I can safely say that Aeva is pretty much bug-free in this area (having been used so heavily by so many people).

Still, it's worth checking out the actual Forum error log...

Akyhne

Quote from: SamTical on October 02, 2009, 02:26:17 PM
Hello,

actually, i do not know wheather my problem is caused by the new version of this mod or by a wrong configuration of my SMF (upgraded to Version 1.1.10):

I installed the Avea Mod for the first time and there were no problems during the installation. But after the installation nothing appears in the Configuration menu, there is no Avea menu where I can enable the mod. Therefore this mod does not work on my system...

maybe someone can help me finding the reason why it does not work. I also set all the permissions of all files to 777 but it won't help!
In rare cases mods do not install. If you click the remove option for the mod, you will probably get a lot of errors. Just uninstall and reinstall.

Quote from: erdem86 on October 02, 2009, 05:00:31 PM
Hi I am short on server resources.

Does Lookups consume any CPU or bandwidth?

What would recommend for "Store & show video titles" option considering bandwidth / CPU shortage?
Any option that do something, takes resources. Try disable as many embed pages as possible you don't need in the Aeva Sites in the admin center.

Quote from: distante on October 02, 2009, 05:07:42 PM
QuoteIf a version of Aeva >= 5.2 is already installed, you don't need to uninstall and reinstall, you can simply overwrite the Aeva source and language files with newer versions, no further changes being made to the SMF core files.

I have the 6.9.101 installed, That means that I can install the v7 over my current version?
No, you can't install a newer version on top on an old version.

Soms

I have installed the latest 7.0 series. Works great as usual. I just think that having the (Youtube) url under the video should be optional, i.e should be left for the individual admin to decide. We've had the discussion about the (aesthetical) value of having the url under the video once during the Karl Benson's age and once earlier during the current Nao/Gilles reign. No prize for guessing which side of the argument I was/am. The admin can be given the option of making making his own choice/judgement. At his own peril of course.  :P

metRo_

Hi,
How can i stop the player to set the big size of the videos in the forum?
Because avea auto enable the big size and disconfigure my forum. :s

Soms

Quote from: metRo_ on October 04, 2009, 10:00:16 AM
Hi,
How can i stop the player to set the big size of the videos in the forum?
Because avea auto enable the big size and disconfigure my forum. :s

This has been addressed in the latest release. Are you sure you have AEVA 7.0.700? Plus read the release note 5 or 6 posts earlier on this page!

distante

Quote from: Akyhne on October 04, 2009, 05:54:55 AM
No, you can't install a newer version on top on an old version.

:-\ well then I will wait until the smf 2 is out to make a clean installation

No one ones who to activate sites manually? I still can't get active the redtube site.

Nao 尚

@erdem> Lookups aren't expensive. Unless you have thousands of new Aeva videos per minute... Bandwidth = ~10KB/site lookup, but sometimes it doesn't even get taken into account by your bandwidth meter (because it's inward traffic.)
@distante> you have to uninstall a mod before you can upgrade it.
@soms> YouTube URL...? What are you talking about? You can disable the stuff below the video right within the admin area... ("Titles" or something.)

Advertisement: