General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

distante

Nao/Gilles, thanks for your response, can you help me to know how to get active the redtube site manually? I try to do it using the aeva sites in my admin panel but I can't, it always show me an error.

Thank you for your help :)

Soms

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 05, 2009, 02:09:03 PM
@soms> YouTube URL...? What are you talking about? You can disable the stuff below the video right within the admin area... ("Titles" or something.)

My bad Nao. You are right. I failed to tick the right button. I will head straight to the optician first thing in the morning.  :-[

Nemo492

I have SMF 2.0 RC1.2,  and the Aeva 6.9.99 used to embed the videos nicely...

Then I installed  Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio 7.0
and they won't show up anymore.

I was also expecting to find some more buttons as to embed .flv files
and launch an Mp3 player, but all I see is an extra Flash button.

Please show me what I've been missing...!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Nemo492 on October 05, 2009, 08:07:56 PM
I have SMF 2.0 RC1.2,  and the Aeva 6.9.99 used to embed the videos nicely...

Then I installed  Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio 7.0
and they won't show up anymore.

I was also expecting to find some more buttons as to embed .flv files
and launch an Mp3 player, but all I see is an extra Flash button.

Please show me what I've been missing...!

After each install you have to reenable it.

nina-nina

Hi!
I have this mod and I love the simplicity of adding videos to a message etc.

What I am still confused is how to use the embed codes in messages.  Once I copy the Embed code from Youtube or any other place... How do I add it to a message in a post so it shows the video?

I thought it would be just dropping the code to the message but that way does not work for me so  maybe there are some steps that I am not following?  I have read through the thread but I still confused. 
Thank you.

Nao 尚

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on October 05, 2009, 09:01:30 PM
After each install you have to reenable it.
I'm not even sure there's a reason for me doing that...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

MATTEK

Had youtube prevented embedding? I tried to post a movie trailer on my forum and it says

Quote from: TheUSHThe Wolfman 2009 Trailer (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Norv

Quote from: MATTEK on October 07, 2009, 01:09:48 AM
Had youtube prevented embedding? I tried to post a movie trailer on my forum and it says

Quote from: TheUSHThe Wolfman 2009 Trailer (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

MATTEK: I doubt this has anything to do with AEVA, youtube gives the option to allow or disallow embedding for some time now.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: MATTEK on October 07, 2009, 01:09:48 AM

YouTube gives everyone the option of preventing their video from being embedded outside YouTube.
If look at the video on YouTube, you will notice it doesn't offer the default embed code either.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi. :)

The simplicity that is AEVA - you don't need the embed code from YouTube.
You only need to post the link to the video, and AEVA takes care of the rest. :)

If AEVA is activated, and YouTube is selected in AEVA sites. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Nao 尚

Oh, my... Even now that I've changed the text to be more specific, will people confuse video owners with YouTube?

What should I say to make it clear? Lol...

Anyway.

A question for everyone: I'm currently looking into implementing max_width through Javascript. It works okay, you can try it at aeva.noisen.com, I've temporarily modified the code to force large width when loading pages. It's now using the maximum available width (i.e. the parent div's width). It's great for widescreen videos, but at 800 width, 4/3 videos really, really look huge... I was wondering if it's something worth exploring, or if the current Aeva7 implementation is just right for you? Maybe I should add a "max_height" variable to avoid huge 4/3 vids, I don't know...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

waterhead

This works for me for YouTube but not some other sites, even though they are checked in the sites list. Also, I can't seem to embed local files.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Make sure the local embedding options are checked in Aeva settings.
If some site doesn't work for you, then examples on what site (a link that doesn't work) would be good to see.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Nao 尚

Okay, since I got no feedback on my tentative modification to the max_width feature, I'm releasing the new update without it.
It's a bug fix release. You only need to update if you're using the "external" option for local file embedding.

Auto-Embed Video & Audio (Aeva) v7.0.701

Version 7.0.701                                  7th October 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------
+ Added installer compatibility with PostgreSQL and SQLite (hopefully)
+ Added installer support for SMF2 RC2, in case it was needed
! Installer should no longer reset your settings after an upgrade
! When local files were allowed externally, Aeva was being too ungreedy,
  didn't stop at double quotes and could break page layout when posting a link

Indy74

When i try to install 701, i'm getting this:

Unknown column 'name' in 'field list'
File: /public_html/forum/Packages/temp/aeva_install.php
Line: 50

The test page says "Success", and when i click install - that error pops up.

Nao 尚

Sure.

(And that's Aeva, not all uppercase. I get to choose how I spell my own mod :P)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 07, 2009, 02:06:38 PM
(And that's Aeva, not all uppercase. I get to choose how I spell my own mod :P)
Going off topic, but it used to be all uppercase once - and that's the way I learnt to type it :P
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

AlenNS

When I try to install your mod:

Unknown column 'name' in 'field list'
File: /home/baklja/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/aeva_install.php
Line: 50

Any solution?

Nao 尚

Sorry for the bug. Was an oversight.
I've reuploaded a fixed package. Same version number of course. Should work this time.

Advertisement: