General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

I have no idea what you're talking about, but thanks :D
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Rowdy

QuoteAyn Rand isn't translated in French.

Good, it will be better in English. You seem to handle it well enough. Virtue of Selfishness is not long. Atlas is a terrific page turner.

Tiribulus

NAO, if you have any idea what these mean and if they're anything to fuss about I would surely appreciate it.

http://gregnmary.gotdns.com:8080/index.php
2: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
File: /srv/www/htdocs/Sources/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php
Line: 298

http://gregnmary.gotdns.com:8080/index.php
2: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
File: /srv/www/htdocs/Sources/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php
Line: 297

Looks like it's related to the sitelist.
$sites = array();
@include($sourcedir . '/Subs-Aeva-Sites.php');
$my_file = fopen($sourcedir . '/Subs-Aeva-Sites.php', 'w');
297 fwrite($my_file, $new_sitelist, $len);
298 fclose($my_file);
aeva_show_sitelist_updates();
$sites = array();
$update_me = true;

They were triggered by Google's crawler.
Thanks

Nao 尚

@Rowdy> I should have time to read them, motivation to read them, and the means to get them (and no I'm not buying these from Amazon.com, because I don't have #2). I'm willing to read a summary, though :P

@Tiribulus> What version of PHP are you using? Any restrictions on your server? The code is just fine $my_file should be a resource indeed, not a boolean...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

xCrucialDudex

Well, unfortunately from the way that note is worded it is really unclear what is meant by overwriting - via FTP or Package Manager - so I think you guys need to rewrite that note so it is not ambiguous  O:)

xCrucialDudex

Here's the deal.

I set a custom size for all embeddable sites. One size for all sites. Most of videos are loaded in right size but some, for instance Facebook videos, dont.

Take a look at this collage: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9290/aevabugs.jpg

1 - is the correct size that is used for all Aeva embedded videos
2 - Facebook upon the load of a page. A simple click on quick edit (Modify message) button and then click on Save button makes it load in size as 1 is loaded in.
3, 4 - the same. 3 upon load, 4 after quick edit+Save.
5, 6 - the same. 5 upon load, 6 after quick edit+Save.

Also I have noticed that a lot of video players as one used in 6 behave exactly. Not all but quite a lot of them.

So, what's going on here?

Rowdy

"As a human being, you have no choice about the fact that you need a philosophy. Your only choice is whether you define your philosophy by a conscious, rational, disciplined process of thought and scrupulously logical deliberation—or let your subconscious accumulate a junk heap of unwarranted conclusions, false generalizations, undefined contradictions, undigested slogans, unidentified wishes, doubts and fears, thrown together by chance, but integrated by your subconscious into a kind of mongrel philosophy and fused into a single, solid weight: self-doubt, like a ball and chain in the place where your mind's wings should have grown." Ayn Rand

I mentioned the best introduction to the philosophy, but you can get all kinds of info here:
http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=index

There are some decent interviews with Rand on youtube also. I do believe some exposure would increase your overall happiness, which happens to fit my interest by making this thread easier to read. :)

fireground1

This was an easy and simple mod to install, and easy to use.  I sped through the pages and did not see anything on what I was looking for, I hope I have not missed anything, if so I am sorry.

Is there anyway that I can add a way to embed a google map in the forums?  Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks again

grrrr
Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links

I tried to give link I was trying to embed

Tiribulus

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 23, 2009, 04:22:50 AM
<<< @Tiribulus> What version of PHP are you using? Any restrictions on your server? The code is just fine $my_file should be a resource indeed, not a boolean...

PHPINFO

What type of restrictions are you referring to? You mean like mod security? If so then no. I doubt if this is anything to worry about and it's probably specific to my machine, but... the curiosity thing.
Thanks again,

Tiribulus

I have it running fine with almost 70 other mods.

Not to take anything away from anyone else, but I have to say from what I've seen, this mod and SMF Media Gallery are a couple of the most meticulously written and conscientiously maintained packages I've dealt with for SMF.

Nao 尚

Uh... "Overwrite source and language files"... Never says "Reuse the package manager" anywhere...... -_-

xCrucialDudex

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 26, 2009, 06:24:34 AM
Uh... "Overwrite source and language files"... Never says "Reuse the package manager" anywhere...... -_-

It's really unclear so I don't see a point in arguing here. If it was unambiguous we wouldn't have this conversation at all :)

Nao 尚

Uh, yeah...
I'm not saying you're stupid, but I don't think people who don't know how SMF works should blame mod authors for not taking time to explain how mod installation works.
I mean, it's not our job to do that.

Nao 尚

Quick Edit will screw up your videos, or at least some of its features, because it's like a frame that has no way to deal with its parent Javascript.
Just reload the page to see the video as other users will see it.

xCrucialDudex

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 26, 2009, 10:48:58 AM
Uh, yeah...
I'm not saying you're stupid, but I don't think people who don't know how SMF works should blame mod authors for not taking time to explain how mod installation works.
I mean, it's not our job to do that.

True but writing an extra sentence can prevent having this kind of conversations altogether and that is a worthwhile investment in my eyes  :)

Akyhne

Quote from: Tiribulus on October 23, 2009, 03:29:01 PM
Not to take anything away from anyone else, but I have to say from what I've seen, this mod and SMF Media Gallery are a couple of the most meticulously written and conscientiously maintained packages I've dealt with for SMF.
+1

CodeDev

Nao 尚

@Rowdy> My philosophy is more akin to Voltaire's "we must cultivate our garden", actually.

@fireground> Aeva is for video/audio, really. It can embed SWF in specific cases but GoogleMap? I don't know. I've never thought about it anyhow.

@Tiribulus> I'm starting to think the mod_security detection routine doesn't work properly. I have yet to see it indicate mod_security is installed, even on servers that clearly have it...

CodeDev

Quote from: fireground1 on October 23, 2009, 10:20:26 AM
Is there anyway that I can add a way to embed a google map in the forums?  Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks again

That would be awesome! 

I'm looking for something like that for ages!

Tiribulus

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 26, 2009, 02:28:10 PM
<<< @Tiribulus> I'm starting to think the mod_security detection routine doesn't work properly. I have yet to see it indicate mod_security is installed, even on servers that clearly have it...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here in my case, but if it helps, this is my own computer sitting at my feet which I know for certain is not running mod_security. I'm assuming you're referring to a detection routine within Aeva.

Advertisement: