General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafferty

SMF 1.1.10 with TP 1.83
Many Mods
Firefox Browser 3.5.5

Since last upgrade (v7.0.705) - my posts are only showing the links (no embed). They were working before upgrade.

Any Ideas?
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Nao 尚

Is Aeva enabled in the admin area? Is your sitelist filled?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Rafferty

I had checked installation and all settings and all are correct

Nao 尚

Try uninstalling & reinstalling.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

realnc

Thanks for this mod! :)

I want to report a problem though. I don't seem able to post links to *.mp3/*.mp4/etc files and have them embedded (local files) The option about embedding local files seems broken in the Admin panel. This is what I see:

http://i45.tinypic.com/vgmszt.png

Edit:
I think I understand what's going on. Aeva has a bug where the character "~" is not parsed correctly. My forum's URL has this form: "someserver.org/~username/forum". It's the "~" in "~username" that breaks Aeva and results in my forum being totally unable to embed anything local.

Rafferty

Reinstall fixed it thanks. On uninstalling I found code changes hadn't been made to sub.php on auto install

Nao 尚

Interesting. I guess it was bad luck ;)

Nao 尚

Well, I leave that topic be for a week and... Let's just say I didn't expect to find somebody to take it over for me ;)

@realnc> the only bug I can find in that area is in the autolink_urls function. Do these links appear as clickable or not?
This will be fixed in Aeva Media. I've used the opportunity to update a lot of ~ delimiters to ` (less likely to find this in a URL) when it comes to URL preg_matching. But I don't really see how the current code could fail for URLs with a tilde in them. Does it work if you enable 'external' local embeds?

Re: wrong position for the title: yes, it's a known issue. It is fixed in Aeva Media. I do not plan to backport my Aeva Media changes to Aeva for now. Aeva is pretty much finished for me, if you're interested in its future, it's Aeva Media. All I'm trying is to keep Aeva 7's sitelist compatible. (Actually it's the other way around-- Aeva Media uses the same sitelist system.)

@Chas, @g3mini, @aLEX> I lost interest in doing website integrations long ago, so I'm no longer doing them, except for a fee. If you can find someone here to do it for you, feel free.

@IceBurn> Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php, read the comments in the file...

@sck> No. Ask photobucket.

@smbeermen> YouTube requires lookups to determine whether the video should be shown with an aspect ratio of 4/3 or 16/9. It also retrieves HD status.

@EdWong> No idea.

realnc

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 30, 2009, 06:21:08 AM@realnc> the only bug I can find in that area is in the autolink_urls function. Do these links appear as clickable or not?
They are clickable.

QuoteThis will be fixed in Aeva Media.

I was not sure what "Aeva Media" is :P I looked it up and it's a gallery. Does it also embed media in posts? If yes, I guess I'll use that one instead (even though I don't need a gallery.)

QuoteI've used the opportunity to update a lot of ~ delimiters to ` (less likely to find this in a URL) when it comes to URL preg_matching. But I don't really see how the current code could fail for URLs with a tilde in them. Does it work if you enable 'external' local embeds?
Doesn't make a difference.

To test, you can just put some media files in a directory like "~test" and try to embed them.

Nao 尚

I just tested with Aeva Media and I'm seeing the link embed just fine with a ~ link...

BTW, Aeva Media is the next major update of Aeva. Instead of being called Aeva 8.0, it's called Aeva Media 1.0 because I'm merging it with SMF Media Gallery, the other 'big' mod I'm in charge of.
There were many reasons for merging them, including the fact that I do not see myself adding new features to Aeva without crossing over to SMG territory, so I thought I might as well merge them now, so I'll be able to use SMG features later, such as permissions. Also, I'm working on a user settings page which will have both Aeva and SMG settings for everyone.

Nao 尚

If by any chance your problem is simply with the link being shown, open Subs-Aeva.php and search for

$input = str_replace('~', '-', $input);

Replace with:

$input = preg_replace('`(#[^"<]*)`e', 'str_replace("~", "-", "$1")', $input);

I hope you appreciate how complicated it looks... :D
This will 'fix' the URL title & link being shown below the embedded file.

CodeDev

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 30, 2009, 06:21:08 AM
@IceBurn> Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php, read the comments in the file...

Hi!

I did! I follow all the instructions, and there is no option in the admin to allow custom sites as you state in the comments.

Thanks in advance!

realnc

Many thanks, Nao! This fixes the problem (not only in the clickable link, but now the Flash player actually plays the file; previously even the Flash player was using the wrong link and therefore couldn't find the file.)

Even though you're not interested anymore in fixing bugs, I'll still report one. Aeva tries to embed files ending in .html. For example a link to "http://rapidshare.com/files/736373839/j_random_video.avi.html". This can't be played anyway (rapidshare doesn't provide direct links), but most importantly, it shouldn't get embedded in the first place since the link points to an html file, not a video file.

Edit:
Using [noembed]link[/noembed] doesn't help. Aeva tries to embed even if the link is inside noembed tags.

deciph3red

Since uninstalling the mod, im still seeing the options in the admin panel which only take me to a white page.

In order to re-install, i have to remove these im guessing. . . but I dont know how.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kingkingston

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 30, 2009, 08:34:22 AM
I just tested with Aeva Media and I'm seeing the link embed just fine with a ~ link...

BTW, Aeva Media is the next major update of Aeva. Instead of being called Aeva 8.0, it's called Aeva Media 1.0 because I'm merging it with SMF Media Gallery, the other 'big' mod I'm in charge of.
There were many reasons for merging them, including the fact that I do not see myself adding new features to Aeva without crossing over to SMG territory, so I thought I might as well merge them now, so I'll be able to use SMG features later, such as permissions. Also, I'm working on a user settings page which will have both Aeva and SMG settings for everyone.

Sounds great,any timeframe that the first Aeva media will be out for the public ? :)

Nao 尚

@iceburn> there's nothing to enable. You just make sure Subs-Aeva-Custom.php is in your Sources folder, and you go to your Sitelist panel. The sites will be there. (In Aeva Media, the file is renamed to 'Aeva-Sites-Custom.php', BTW. This will make sense later.)

@realnc> I knew it would work, after I figured out I was checking the wrong place.
@realnc²> I'll look into the bug. It does look like something that can be wrongly processed by Aeva.
BTW, I never said I'm not interested in fixing bugs. I'm just not interested in *adding embeds*. I used to add a couple websites per week about a year ago. It does take a lot of time to write. Now today I actually got paid $30 for an embed which took me 80 minutes to write (because of a very badly written Flash player), and to add insult to injury, the guy complained that my price was too expensive for something that 'takes me 5 minutes to do'. This is the kind of thing that happens every single time. Do you think I'd enjoy that in the long run? I may code for fun (and most of the time, for free), but I'm not a 'cheap' coder.

Nao 尚

Quote from: kingkingston on November 30, 2009, 06:12:56 PM
Sounds great,any timeframe that the first Aeva media will be out for the public ? :)
Anyone curious can request beta testing status on smf-media.com, then they'll be able to test the mod.

Be aware, though, that the mod currently does not have any additional features for Aeva, except for a much, much cooler admin area. Most of the new features are for the gallery module.

Nao 尚

realnc, I think I've fixed it. What's even cooler is, I've fixed it directly within the sitelist, when I was about to start working on a hardwired fix inside Aeva itself :)
I just added this next to the parenthesis in local patterns:

(?=")

I think it's the first time I use a zero-width positive look-ahead assertion in my code. Always time for a first, especially in regex world ;)
It makes the whole pattern funny: basically it says, "look for a file that has .avi in it, then is followed specifically by a double quote, then followed by 0, 1 or more characters that are NOT a double quote, then a double quote". Since the assertion ensures there's a double quote but doesn't capture it (i.e. it goes back one character and goes back to the flow as normal), the "0, 1 or more" part will automatically choose "0 byte" because it's immediately finding the double quote. Very funny one.
(Okay... For a geek.)

I've updated the sitelist. Hopefully it won't break anything. Hopefully you won't break me for being so nerdy.

EdWong

I'm back on my problem with more investigation.

I manage to test several version of Flash, since V9, and none of them did works. Now I'm on the v10.1.51.45 beta version of flash, and it did not work either.

So I suppose my problem comes from somewhere else in this config. But I got no idea.

Nao 尚

Err, manual uninstallation -> manual parser?

Advertisement: