News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realnc

Nao, everything works fine now for me. Thank you very much! :)

Nao 尚

@realnc> :)
@nawar> do you read instructions when you install something? It specifically says to uninstall before installing a new version... you'll have to uninstall manually now.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

NaWaR

i tryed everything still not working !! :((  i love this mod ! and now not working ..!!  :(
they told me to update the 1.1.11 and now i get this  :'(
help me please...my site  www.forum.4syr.com

thank you :D

Nao 尚

Again: uninstall - manually. Use the package parser on the customize site. And read the Aeva readme.txt! (On the mod page for instance.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

NaWaR

i did that all ..  but the problem ios inside the subs file that was broken.. this mode works great before the 1.1.11 .. but when i installed the new version of this mode and then the 1.1.11  it did this hall problems .. and now all video is like .. not working :(  please can u fix it for me ?
i give you my password

NaWaR

i sent you the password and if you need anyother info i will do it ..  , the forum was fixed by sabre he is very nice and kind, i had too many bugs the chat and stuff..  and also there is the error 500 from the server or something.. , and the file subs.php is broken as i download it from the section update from 1.1.10 to 1.1.11
and now nothing works :( ..

thank you for helping me :) i do really appreciate it

Nao 尚

Nawar, you can send me everything you want -- I never said I'd do it for you.  :-\
I'm already spending 95% of my free time working on the next generations of Aeva and SMG. Why should I be doing your SMF maintenance work for you?

Sabre™

NaWaR, restore your forum from an old backup, the backup from the packages folder may be good enough.
Revert to 'before' the smf 1.1.11 update or before your most recent installation of Aeva since the code is now duped.
Then uninstall Aeva, update to smf 1.1.11, then reinstall Aeva.
If you receive any errors while installing something, or updating, Do Not continue with the installation, unless you are going to either manually edit the failed templates, or re-write the package to fit in with your modified templates(which is what I do).
Good luck :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

StarvingRussian

Getting this error when installing...
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/mazdatea/public_html/Packages/temp/aeva_install.php on line 50

Any ideas? Using 1.1.11 and trying to install latest version of Aeva.

Arantor

StarvingRussian: do you have any mods by 2by2host installed, such as the Twitter mod? You'll have to uninstall them temporarily, then install AEVA, then reinstall those mods.

Nao 尚

Hmm, I forgot to change that in Aeva... It's fixed in Aeva Media, though. (But when I don't know when it comes out. I've been asking for beta testers for weeks, but apparently no one's interested.)

StarvingRussian

Quote from: Arantor on December 05, 2009, 07:39:11 AM
StarvingRussian: do you have any mods by 2by2host installed, such as the Twitter mod? You'll have to uninstall them temporarily, then install AEVA, then reinstall those mods.

Acutally, yes, I do. Thanks! I will do that now.

NaWaR

Quote from: Sabre™ on December 04, 2009, 07:22:31 PM
NaWaR, restore your forum from an old backup, the backup from the packages folder may be good enough.
Revert to 'before' the smf 1.1.11 update or before your most recent installation of Aeva since the code is now duped.
Then uninstall Aeva, update to smf 1.1.11, then reinstall Aeva.
If you receive any errors while installing something, or updating, Do Not continue with the installation, unless you are going to either manually edit the failed templates, or re-write the package to fit in with your modified templates(which is what I do).
Good luck :)

thank you so much Sabre you are the best really :D ..  but still can't login to my forum .. the hall forum is down :..(  and all this because of the 1.1.11 version... they told me you should do it .. and i believed them then i get this :( .. i will try to restore but how if i can't login at all...! i dunno what to do now

NaWaR

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 04, 2009, 06:55:05 PM
Nawar, you can send me everything you want -- I never said I'd do it for you.  :-\
I'm already spending 95% of my free time working on the next generations of Aeva and SMG. Why should I be doing your SMF maintenance work for you?
I am so sorry for asking you.. but you seems to me you want to help , after i get my forum closed because of updating you mode ,  now it is my mistake ? yeah sure i shouldn't update the mode as you recommended! but i did.!
anyway thank you...

P.S : i think you should post something here like : i am not responsible if your forum get closed by my mode.

Thanks again.

Greets NaWaR

Nao 尚

Quote from: NaWaR on December 05, 2009, 01:05:18 PM
I am so sorry for asking you.. but you seems to me you want to help
I'm willing to help, but not by going to your website in the first place... Plus, my profile says "No unsollicited PMs", they tend to get on my nerves. (You wouldn't believe the number of "Help me!!!!"-related PMs I receive when you cound smf-media, noisen and here.)

QuoteP.S : i think you should post something here like : i am not responsible if your forum get closed by my mode.
Aeva makes very few modifications to your forum. It's not my fault if you're not able to deal with a forum issue and you have to put responsibility onto others who give away their free time to offer these things.

NaWaR

Yeah Sure by you answer we can see the help u are doing ..  any way i really have no time to argue with u..i want my forum up again.. so thank you. and BB

Sabre : i am really sorry .. but i know no one could help or will help like you do.. :D
can u please tell me how to remove this aeva mode and get my forum up again.. cause i can't access it or login.. and the backup i have is a sql format! and i can't open it with rar or other programs :(

Thank you Sabre For helping for the 100 times :D

Kindred

you do not need the sql backup.... that is just a backup of the database.

you need to use the backup of your files. If you do not have one, then I suggest loading a fresh copy of the forum FILES (with the exception of settings.php). This will remove all mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gargoyle

Great MOD!! I have version: 7.0.706

I have a couple of questions.. But the first and most pressing one is that the admin section for sites does not update. I uncheck a few sites and click save and when the page refresh's they sites I unchecked are still checked.

I read to make the Subs_Aeva_Sites file writable I have it set to 666 now and it still does not update. So I tried 777 and this also does not allow updating. Any advice?

Gargoyle

Quote from: Gargoyle on December 06, 2009, 04:24:20 PM
Great MOD!! I have version: 7.0.706

I have a couple of questions.. But the first and most pressing one is that the admin section for sites does not update. I uncheck a few sites and click save and when the page refresh's they sites I unchecked are still checked.

I read to make the Subs_Aeva_Sites file writable I have it set to 666 now and it still does not update. So I tried 777 and this also does not allow updating. Any advice?

Ok fixed this problem by making some other files writable.. Sorry about that...

Now I can't get some of the video links to work.. Such as --> http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3868591385/

Kencelot

QuoteOk fixed this problem by making some other files writable.. Sorry about that...

Now I can't get some of the video links to work.. Such as --> http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3868591385/

I too cannot get IMDB videos to work. Any ideas?

Advertisement: