General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gargoyle

Quote from: Arantor on December 14, 2009, 06:18:27 PM
Chrome also isn't detected in 1.1.x if that's an issue for you.

DUDE!! Give the 1.1 peps a lil love here... LOL!

Arantor

Quote from: Gargoyle on December 14, 2009, 06:30:59 PM

1.1 went final over 3 years ago, long before Chrome ever emerged. I cannot see either IE8 detection or Chrome detection being added, especially since there was already a kludge-fix applied in 1.1.11 for IE8 issues. (Yup, the EmulateIE7 meta tag was added)

Gargoyle

Quote from: Arantor on December 14, 2009, 06:35:23 PM
Quote from: Gargoyle on December 14, 2009, 06:30:59 PM

1.1 went final over 3 years ago, long before Chrome ever emerged. I cannot see either IE8 detection or Chrome detection being added, especially since there was already a kludge-fix applied in 1.1.11 for IE8 issues. (Yup, the EmulateIE7 meta tag was added)
I see... I will proceed to shut up now... ;D

Het Bosje

Hello,
getting many errors in the errorlog reading:
8: Undefined index: aeva_small
Bestand: /storage/mijndomein/users/062302/public/sites/www.modelspoorh0.nl/forum/Sources/Subs-Aeva.php
Regel: 594
Is there a solution for that?

brgds Piet.

Arantor

What version of SMF and what version of AEVA?

Het Bosje

Sorry had to tell.
SMF 1.1.11 and AVEA 7.0
grtz

Arantor

Het Bosje

Diamond Isle

Hi,
     I wonder if anyone can help me, i have just installed the latest version of avea, everything went smoothly with no problems that i could see to start with. Trouble is i now have 3 of every video showing in my forum. I uninstalled avea and re - installed it and its still the same.
now with avea un - installed when i go into my admin  and click on "features & Options " in configuration this is what comes up on my screen.....

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyaevasettings() (previously declared in E:\domains\c\craftymusic.org.uk\user\HTDOCS\FORUM\Sources\ModSettings.php:375) in E:\domains\c\craftymusic.org.uk\user\HTDOCS\FORUM\Sources\ModSettings.php on line 388

Please help as i want to get my forum and videos back to the way they were.

Nao 尚

I guess your Aeva.dutch.php file isn't up to date.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Het Bosje

Is there a way to obtain a recent one?
And, does these two lines refer to that file?

<a href="javascript:aevatq(0, ' . $swfobjects . ', ' . min($sw, $altw) . ', ' . min($sh, $alth) . ');" ' . ($sw < $altw ? 'class="aeva_dq" ' : '') . 'title="-">' . $txt['aeva_small'] . '</a> |
<a href="javascript:aevatq(1, ' . $swfobjects . ', ' . max($sw, $altw) . ', ' . max($sh, $alth) . ');" ' . ($sw > $altw ? 'class="aeva_dq" ' : '') . 'title="+">' . $txt['aeva_large'] . '</a>';

this are Line: 594 and 595
in Sources/Subs-Aeva.php

rgds Piet.

Indy74

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 07, 2009, 03:28:35 PM
Re: imdb, they seem to have changed their embedding system. Actually-- they don't even provide with a way to embed their video, and they're making sure it's hard to decypher it (Javascript, iframes, etc.) I'm not going to be able to embed this.
Can anyone confirm that ALL imdb videos now use that system? If yes, I might just as well remove support for imdb.
I don't know what system you are referring to but no IMDB clips can be embedded currently. I think it's better to remove it.

Nao 尚

Okay, been looking into it...
- There are two embedding systems for imdb.
- The first one (apparently the "legacy" one), with URLs starting with /screenplay/, is hosted at totaleclips.com, and it STILL works.
- The second one is hosted at amazon, its URLs start with /wab/, and it won't work.

The reason why the second one won't work is, once again, twofold:
- The internal video URL is based on the rtmp:// protocol, rather than http://. Aeva doesn't support the RTMP (streaming) protocol.
- The video requires both a 'file' variable, just as for screenplay videos, and a 'id' variable, which isn't needed by screenplay. I could technically make sure that the ID is retrieved, but -- there is a but -- it would also require that I add a RTMP search in all forum posts, just as Aeva is currently looking for all HTTP links. Technically, this means that one single video site, which isn't traditionally used for its video embedding (come on -- all of the movies they have videos for are listed on a single page!), will slow down your page parsing by a few tenths of percents.

It represents too much work for me to consider this, and would have even more complexity to a mod that is already highly complex.

So, in conclusion:
- I will not support /wab/ videos on imdb.com,
- I will not remove support for iMDb because its /screenplay/ videos still work.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

navjotjsingh

mark7144

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 14, 2009, 06:23:41 PM
Mark, try with this...

Open Subs-Aeva.php, look for:

// Depending on the plugin, use different parameters

Before it, add:

if (!isset($context['browser']['is_ie8']) && !$context['browser']['is_ie'])
$context['browser']['is_ie'] = $context['browser']['is_ie8'] = strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE 8') !== false;

Untested, but this should initialize the is_ie variable for IE8 on SMF1 -- and make your videos work again.
It works, thank you!!!

Nao 尚

@Mark> Good!

Quote from: navjotjsingh on December 16, 2009, 03:47:38 AM
How does imageshack urls work?  I tried this: http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2632/spotlightv2.jpg but it does not work.
You have to use the Foxy! addon for it to work, as I said. Click my signature for the feature list.

mark7144

Nao 尚

Looks like they changed their embed code... Suckers. WHO does that, really? Looks like an easy fix but I have no time for now.

Anyway-- I'm preparing for the first public Aeva Media release. It's done, it's compiled and ready to be uploaded, but I need to write a description and some reminders first.
Trouble is, I'll be busy in 5 minutes so I won't release it immediately.
Hopefully I'll find some time before tonight.

Nao 尚

Aeva Media 1.0 Alpha

This is a TEST RELEASE. I plan on releasing a 'proper' version (through the official mod page) by this weekend. I just need to see if there's any issue arising from a wider sample of the user community, compared to my current beta tester group.
From the initial tests, everything has been going fine. It's better than Aeva and SMF Media Gallery in every way.

How to install?

- Uninstall any version of Aeva, if installed.
- Uninstall any version of SMF Media Gallery, if installed.
- Delete both packages from your package list.
- Now we're clean.

- Upload the attached package to your server via the Package manager.
- Install.

The upgrade program should be able to rename all your permissions and database fields successfully. If you install the mod manually, make sure to run db_aeva.php before trying to use the mod, otherwise it will crash your forum.

Below is the complete changelog. It should be compared against the SMG changelog, rather than the Aeva changelog. Aeva Media contains a slightly improved Aeva 7.0.706, so you won't be missing any feature from the current Aeva package. Later releases of Aeva Media will add permissions to the auto-embed feature (this was one of the reasons I merged both packages.)

If you are only interested in the auto-embed features and don't want to offer a gallery system to your users, you can simply make sure no one has permission to see the 'Media' button.
However, future updates to Aeva Media will bring an auto-embedding control panel for users, which will require enabling the button. Again, if you don't want them to use the gallery, you can also make sure they can't create new albums (there is a permission for that, too.)

Version 1.0 Alpha                               December 16, 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------
@ Rebranded SMF Media Gallery as Aeva Media, and integrated Aeva into the package.
  You need to uninstall both mods before installing this one, obviously. Also,
  I renamed pretty much all functions, variables, permissions, files and such
  to fit the new environment, so if you made any edits or added external code
  that relies on either Aeva or SMG, you'll need to update it. I wish translators
  good luck because they have a lot of work awaiting them... (Read Aeva.english.php
  for details. Use a file compare tool to ease your work.)

The wow-how-could-I-live-without-that stuff:

* Removed "General" and "User" album system. Now, all albums are user albums, and
  moderators can set them to "Featured" status (i.e. show them in the Media home page)
+ Album owners can now specify whether they want other users to be able to upload media
  to their albums. They can select them by membergroup or by giving a list of users.
  They can also specify users who are denied upload access, even if they're in an
  authorized membergroup. Just as for the regular viewing permissions.
+ Added support for description field in mass upload. Yaha, it only took minutes to add.
+ Added Quick Moderation on albums, for mass moving, mass approving, mass unapproving
  and mass deleting items in the page. I'm starting to wonder why I've been delaying
  these cool features for so long, when they only took so little time to implement.
+ In the album editor, show primary membergroups in bold, and check them by default
  when creating a new album, meaning all your users will be able to access it.
* Improved layout of many areas in Curve theme (SMF2 RC2)
* Aeva Media now has an entire dropdown admin menu of its own... It needed it!

The really, really cool stuff:

+ Added support for embedded videos in lightbox previewer on album pages
* Moved version number to inside the source files, rather than the database
  installer, in case you install your updates manually, like me. :P
! Rewrote much of the Mass Upload process' layout and features.
+ For instance, added automatic file sorting at selection time. You can sort by
  case-insensitive file names, file size or file date.
! In some situations, UTF8-encoded websites could return errors after a mass upload
  process, because the Flash uploader would return a BOM header.
* Moved album management features from admin area to regular area. The only difference
  now is that the admin area lists all albums, while the regular area only shows yours.
+ Added 'moderate_own_albums' permission to allow regular users to moderate their own
  albums, obviously. They can now approve and/or delete any comments on their albums,
  approve or delete any items on their albums (including those not posted by them),
  and delete their albums. Wooh, strong stuff. Use with caution.
* Modified all ';id=' URLs to use ';in=' instead. Instant mod_security fix! Deleted
  mod_security hack, as a result. Looked cool, had geeky code, no longer needed. Oh.

The neat stuff:

* Rewrote auto-embed copyright notice so it doesn't disrupt your regular copyright notice
* Changed a setting in aeva_listItems to allow for third-party pages to set a per-row
  limit for items (set it to 1 if you want a vertical list, for instance.)
- Finally got rid of these annoying 'user profiles' (quotas and permissions). Now, only
  admins can manage permission profiles. All existing user profiles can be edited by them.
+ Admins can now update the sitelist directly from within the admin area's
  Auto-embed section. The last check date is also specified.
+ Allow early overriding of Aeva Media settings through index.template.php's template_init()
  function and the $amOverride variable. You can see it in action at media.noisen.com
  where the number of items per row depends on whether the sidebar is enabled.
+ Added new API function (a function not used internally but for use in external pages),
  aeva_listMemberAlbums(int id_member), where you can get a quick list of albums for an
  owner, for use in a sidebar, profile, portal block or anything.
+ Show a small star next to Featured album names, in the complete album list.
* Renamed Gallery tab in main menu to 'Media', as it better fits the new direction.
! Check file size against quota before moving an item to a new album
! Fixed possible security hole in moderation panel

The who-cares stuff:

* Added a bolded warning in the admin area, about the checkorphans task breaking
  your gallery while it's running. Thought it might be worth mentioning, eh...
! When an admin changes aeva_unseen permissions, users will instantly see the outcome
  in the main menu, instead of having to go through an unseen item
* Added more checks for SMF2 to account for a bug in a Twitter mod
* In lightbox preview, Zoom option is now a circle with a + in the middle
- Removed SMF 2.0 Beta 4 compatibility. It's over a year old, time to move on!
! Changed the 'yes/no' system to a dropdown select box rather than radio buttons.
  The previous version is still in the code, commented out, if you want it back.
! Fixed URLs getting corrupted under embedded objects when they had a tilde in them
* Don't show the Permission/Quota Profile box if only the default one is available
! Fixed db_aeva.php's layout on SMF2, and made it CSS valid when run standalone
! Quota profiles are now clearly usable only by moderators and admins. This is
  because the default quota set will generally be lower than any extra profile
  (which would generally be used for VIP albums only, see?)
! SMF 1.1 + IE8 wouldn't recognize the browser as part of the IE family, thus choosing a
  different path code for embedded videos. Guys, how about switching to a real browser now?
! Gallery admin was viewable by admins, but not by regular users with gallery admin rights
+ Added new members field (aeva), which shall soon be used to store per-user settings.
- Trimmed about 100KB worth of comments from getid3 module -- left all links/credits
  in it, hopefully removed most of the rest. Should reduce the size of the package.
  If you have any problem with ID tags in the future, please tell me!
! Fixed a minor logic error when doing a mass download
! Fixed a buggy regexp in aeva_autolink_urls()

! And as usual -- fixed an AWFUL lot of minor bugs, and added an even more awful lot
  of minor features and optimizations which aren't worthy of being presented here.

And without further ado.... I present you with the package!
Also included is a zip file with all converters (Coppermine, SMF Gallery Lite & Pro) updated for use with Aeva Media.

Edit - new prerelease is on the next topic page.

mark7144

Congrats Nao... has the IE8 detection been added to that?

Advertisement: