News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redryder

Quote from: Arantor on December 17, 2009, 06:28:21 AM
Seems to be one to sign up for.

Yes been there I have been signed up with the website but it is off limits to me I guess.

Nao 尚

Yeah, sorry, it's in the beta tester board.

I tend to be very open about development and make stuff available for everyone to see.
I just can't set the beta board to 'plain view' without Dragooon's approval, though. Anyway, this is what the post said:

QuoteFixed. I used to use 'aid' as the variable name in the URL to represent the album ID, so that it wouldn't conflict with the 'id' variable that is normally used to move an item. I forgot about that when renaming all ID variables to IN. I simply fixed it by reversing the order of checking for variables -- if $_POST['ids'] is checked, then it means we're in quickmod, so don't use $_GET['in']. Done :) Will be in today's Aeva Media update.

Will answer the rest after a cigarette. (Don't smoke, kids. It's bad.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Redryder

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 17, 2009, 06:35:29 AM
Yeah, sorry, it's in the beta tester board.

I tend to be very open about development and make stuff available for everyone to see.
I just can't set the beta board to 'plain view' without Dragooon's approval, though. Anyway, this is what the post said:

QuoteFixed. I used to use 'aid' as the variable name in the URL to represent the album ID, so that it wouldn't conflict with the 'id' variable that is normally used to move an item. I forgot about that when renaming all ID variables to IN. I simply fixed it by reversing the order of checking for variables -- if $_POST['ids'] is checked, then it means we're in quickmod, so don't use $_GET['in']. Done :) Will be in today's Aeva Media update.

Will answer the rest after a cigarette. (Don't smoke, kids. It's bad.)

Ok,

Yes I tried with a single file move and using the check boxes I could not get it to work.

Quoteecho '<a href="', $galurl, 'sa=album;in=', $album['id'], '">', $album['name'], '</a>

What is in the file at this line. I put the code in my copy of the file and it gave a error.

Redryder

Ignore the edit button it must have been my browser as now it works fine. >:(

but....

Another album thumb is not showing.

Here is a photo so you can see the one missing. It looks fine on main listing but when you go into the album it looks like the photo below.

The one photo is set to be the one shown in the album.

Redryder

I will check your answer later I am off to bed all this waiting for my post to be approved is making me tired.  :P

Thanks for the help

Arantor

Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 07:17:14 AM
I will check your answer later I am off to bed all this waiting for my post to be approved is making me tired.  :P

It's done because of abuse issues in the past. I'm sorry I didn't get here faster to approve things.

Indy74

Installed, tested, found no problems so far.
Thanks.

P.S. you've merged the two mods and and now i'm merging my left and right eye due to translating (man, translating is a b***h)
;D

Nao 尚

Quote from: Arantor on December 17, 2009, 07:27:52 AM
It's done because of abuse issues in the past. I'm sorry I didn't get here faster to approve things.
You were still faster than my cigarette. :P
Okay, went outside to smoke it, and I was a bit annoyed by the amount of snow (an impressive quantity for Paris), so I took a broom and cleaned my entrance, then cleaned the pavement, then my garage door... After a while I was just too tired to think, let alone code, lol. O:)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Nao 尚

Before I forget: the Load.php error was indeed my fault. It wasn't due to my code in Load.php, but it was a collateral damage from a wrong array index.

Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 06:11:16 AM
A link like this [url=http://yoursite.com/]Link Text[/url]    It shows up the same in the description.
I double checked and it does work...
We're talking about album descriptions, right?

QuoteI wish I had the knowledge like you, I would help out.
Even people with knowledge know better than to help me. It's too much of a task for anyone ;)

QuoteLooks like a breadcrumb or heading title to some.
Hmm, well... I don't know, is this everybody's opinion? Anyone? Please comment on this.

QuoteNo not Aeva home, my website home page. I was using  a hack/mod from smg website. Don't bother with it I will work on it later. Aeva is fine on the home page.
Oh, I see... Yes, Aeva Media requires external functions to be updated. Let's say I used the mod name change opportunity to update all function/variable/perm names as well. They really needed some cleaning up.

QuoteI was going to try and duplicate the photo bucket problem on your website but I received the following:
Okay, this is because you didn't install the latest Foxy.
Which made me realize I forgot to release it yesterday, lol ;)
So I was going to do it, and then I figured, why not add an extra new feature for free. Now, the album list's RSS feed next to the owner name will actually be for the owner's album list, rather than the owner's items. (It's not the same thing, since people can post in each other's albums if allowed.)

Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 06:21:09 AM
It was today after aeva media install, but could have been like that for awhile. I org converted from coppermine when I first set SMG up and it was quite a job to do. So it might be because of that and not the new aeva.
I don't know for now. I don't remember getting any problems with existing items so far. None of the beta testers experienced this either. I think.
Does your problem with album icons only concern the bigicon icons? (bigicon = a larger version of the icon -- ONLY shows up inside an album page, next to its description. Not on album lists.)

Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 06:49:41 AM
Yes I tried with a single file move and using the check boxes I could not get it to work.
Ah, thanks, I didn't test for this...
Indeed it failed, too. I fixed it, of course.

QuoteWhat is in the file at this line. I put the code in my copy of the file and it gave a error.
Just look for the only line with ;ai= in it. Although, by the time you're back, I'm sure I'll have a new prerelease out...

Diamond Isle

There really is no need to be so rude, i was stuck with a problem and simply asking for help. All you are doing is putting people of using Mods and smf.
I will be putting in the strongest complaint about you.

Nao 尚

@petesky> And I assume you did NOT have these two extra default profiles in SMG 2.0.5? Are you positive about this?

@Indy74> What you need to do is:
- Follow the instructions in Aeva.english.php (comments at the beginning)
- Do a mass search & replace for mgallery_ to aeva_
- Same for ;id= to ;in=
- Now, merge together Aeva.yourlanguage.php and MGallery.yourlanguage.php (assuming you are the author of both, or you have authorization from the other translator), and launch a diff tool to compare between the latest English language versions of Aeva and SMG (before Aeva Media). Note the lines that were changed. Update them.

I know it's an annoying process, but believe me, everything I change in the English files, I have to copy to the French and French-UTF8 files, too. I know the pain ;) (And yes, I could simply save the French file as UTF8, but I usually don't do it.)

@Everyone>

Aeva Media 1.0 Alpha - prerelease #2

! Fixed an undefined index error which would in turn cause issues in Load.php.
* Slightly optimized a few of the description parsing calls, as well as the cut string function.
+ Indicate album owner in Album Move page. Will need to better sort this, and apply it to the popup version in
  item pages, if ever.
! Fixed error in single Move Item process.
! My Albums page should have its main links point to the album page, rather than the Edit link.
! Fixed RSS link (for Foxy! addon) in album list, to point to a user's album list rather than their item list
  (it's not the same thing, I should have realized.)

Use the same precautions as for prerelease #1 on the previous topic page!

Redryder

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 17, 2009, 12:07:30 PM
Before I forget: the Load.php error was indeed my fault. It wasn't due to my code in Load.php, but it was a collateral damage from a wrong array index.

Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 06:11:16 AM
A link like this [url=http://yoursite.com/]Link Text[/url]    It shows up the same in the description.
I double checked and it does work...
We're talking about album descriptions, right?

Ignore this as it was my fault...

I had it like [url]www.somewebsite.com]some website[url]

funny but it worked like that before the upgrade.  :-\

QuoteLooks like a breadcrumb or heading title to some.
Hmm, well... I don't know, is this everybody's opinion? Anyone? Please comment on this.

I attached a photo so you can see what I was talking about. In it I marked what some users in my website were telling me when i asked them why they could not find the link. I added the link in a album description and i stopped receiving questions about where to look. Plus my membership uploads went up after that.

QuoteNo not Aeva home, my website home page. I was using  a hack/mod from smg website. Don't bother with it I will work on it later. Aeva is fine on the home page

Oh, I see... Yes, Aeva Media requires external functions to be updated. Let's say I used the mod name change opportunity to update all function/variable/perm names as well. They really needed some cleaning up..

I know you are busy but will you have a area so we can know what to change from old to new code?

QuoteI was going to try and duplicate the photo bucket problem on your website but I received the following:
Okay, this is because you didn't install the latest Foxy.

Which made me realize I forgot to release it yesterday, lol ;)
So I was going to do it, and then I figured, why not add an extra new feature for free. Now, the album list's RSS feed next to the owner name will actually be for the owner's album list, rather than the owner's items. (It's not the same thing, since people can post in each other's albums if allowed.)

If I can get the foxy update, still waiting... ;)

Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 06:21:09 AM
It was today after aeva media install, but could have been like that for awhile. I org converted from coppermine when I first set SMG up and it was quite a job to do. So it might be because of that and not the new aeva.

I don't know for now. I don't remember getting any problems with existing items so far. None of the beta testers experienced this either. I think.
Does your problem with album icons only concern the bigicon icons? (bigicon = a larger version of the icon -- ONLY shows up inside an album page, next to its description. Not on album lists.)

It only happens like in the photo in the last post after you click on albums to open more details. it does not show up a album icon. So I guess it is like you are saying inside the album page.

short answer = yes  :)

QuoteWhat is in the file at this line. I put the code in my copy of the file and it gave a error.

Just look for the only line with ;ai= in it. Although, by the time you're back, I'm sure I'll have a new prerelease out...

Waiting for prereleased version will try code after this post.

I tried to show you the photobucket post went to your website it shows a problem look in redryder album to see the problem on your website. click on posted photo to see it. photo is not there then it is.

Yours is different then mine on mine it shows the filmstrip icon then works when clicked on.

Thanx

Soms

I got this error when I tried to install Aeva Media 1.0 Alpha - prerelease on my test forum. I last tested SMG 1.5.4 on that forum. I am almost sure therein lies the problem. I am however at a loss as to how to fix it. To be sure, I uninstalled Aeva & SMG before I tried to install Aeva Media.

QuoteCan't find file: './DB241337/eng_mgallery_fields.frm' (errno: 2)
File: /mnt/web4/21/50/51458650/htdocs/Packages/temp/db_aeva.php
Line: 805

Redryder

I tried the code fix, and still a no go on moving single items or on multiple moves.

It shows the error

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: media

from error log...

Function: aeva_moveItems

File: smf/Sources/Aeva-Gallery2.php Line: 114                  

line 114 shows as:

==>114: array('media' => array_values($ids)),__FILE__,__LINE__);

and:

2 : array_values() [<a href='function.array-values'>function.array-values</a>]: The argument should be an array
Same line as before

I will get the next release to see if that fixes it. I still have the older foxy mod too first one for aeva so maybe that is causing problems too.

Redryder

Quote from: Arantor on December 17, 2009, 07:27:52 AM
Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 07:17:14 AM

Does this ever stop or is every post waiting for approval. Seams like allot of work to watch over the board 24 hrs a day.  :-\ You must be paid well to do this, not a job I would want.  :P

"What do you do for a living? I'm a board watcher. Oh sounds like you might get bored allot" ;D

Arantor

Did you read the FAQ or the page where you got the mod from?

Remember, Nao gets asked this nearly every day because people don't read the resources actually put there specifically for them.

Arantor

Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 06:14:05 PM
Does this ever stop or is every post waiting for approval. Seams like allot of work to watch over the board 24 hrs a day.  :-\ You must be paid well to do this, not a job I would want.  :P

Every post from a user without a badge is moderated, I believe.

I'm a volunteer, I don't get paid at all for being here.

Redryder

Quote from: Arantor on December 17, 2009, 07:13:29 PM
Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 06:14:05 PM

Every post from a user without a badge is moderated, I believe.

I'm a volunteer, I don't get paid at all for being here.

I figured that, I just want to put some humor in the topic about it. Sometimes keeping the bad out effects us all, oh well.

Arantor

I do try and watch over the forum as much as I can; which amounts to 12-6 hours a day depending on other stuff going on.

Redryder

Quote from: Redryder on December 17, 2009, 06:10:33 PM
I tried the code fix, and still a no go on moving single items or on multiple moves.

It shows the error

from error log...

Function: aeva_moveItems

line 114 shows as:

==>114:                  array('media' => array_values($ids)),__FILE__,__LINE__);

and:

2 : array_values() [<a href='function.array-values'>function.array-values</a>]: The argument should be an array
Same line as before

I will get the next release to see if that fixes it. I still have the older foxy mod too first one for aeva so maybe that is causing problems too.

Problem is now fixed with new release.

thanks

Will foxy get a release soon?

I see the post but no file link yet.

I do still see the film strips without fox installed and photos work when clicked on, but no photo shows under more details. I assume this is normal after you remove foxy mod.

I tried to upload a link as the Embed URL (remote videos) box was still showing on add a item page but received this error.

"The embed URL was either bad or was from a non-supported site "

I expected it not to work, as foxy was not installed. But is the box still supposed to be shown even without foxy?

Advertisement: