News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

Quote from: Diamond Isle on December 17, 2009, 04:35:41 PM
There really is no need to be so rude,
Then don't be so thick and reckless. Start spelling mod names correctly, and start reading mod pages entirely (or at least scan for big red letters) before downloading them. Otherwise you're just a waste of time for everyone, including yourself.

Quotei was stuck with a problem and simply asking for help. All you are doing is putting people of using Mods and smf.
No, basically I'm just trying to put YOU off using MY mods. That's not the same.

QuoteI will be putting in the strongest complaint about you.
Don't forget to tell 'them' about the author of AVEA! ;D
Yeah, I'm the big bad wolf! Woof!

(Basically, same as Arantor, only my way.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Nao 尚

Is this MySQL?
What are the available _mgallery_* and _aeva_* tables in your phpmyadmin?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Soms

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 18, 2009, 02:49:06 AM
Is this MySQL?

It is MySQL. I will get back to you later with regards to the other question when I get home from work.

petesky

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 17, 2009, 05:03:23 PM
@petesky> And I assume you did NOT have these two extra default profiles in SMG 2.0.5? Are you positive about this?

AFAIK i had 3 different profiles before but not with same name. There is no way to rename the profile so when i delete the "default" which is not the default one (2nd on picture) with 0 albums i get: "One or more albums are using the profile you're trying to delete. Please select a profile to switch them to before you proceed."

Soms

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 18, 2009, 02:49:06 AM
Is this MySQL?

These are what I found.

mgallery_albums
  mgallery_comments
  mgallery_files
  mgallery_log_media
  mgallery_log_ratings
  mgallery_media
  mgallery_settings
  mgallery_variables

Nao 尚

Hmm, this shouldn't have been happening... Your MySQL server has trouble renaming tables.
Or maybe you have an esotheric database structure. What's your $db_prefix variable like, for instance?

@To everyone: Aeva Media is now available on the Aeva SVN -- meaning the latest commits can be accessed by *anyone*. Just remember that you NEED to recompress the TGZ file that you will download, if you want the SMF package manager to be able to install it (this is because SMF doesn't support TGZ files created by the PEAR library -- it will crash the install process.)

Just go to http://smf-media.com/community/ and click on the SVN link in the menu. Then click 'Aeva' and you're there. Click on 'Download' on the first link that shows up (or 'Create' if there's no 'Download' link for the latest revision, then 'Download'.) Decompress, recompress, upload, install (remember to make sure any earlier versions of Aeva and SMF Media Gallery are uninstalled first, of course.)

Nao 尚

Quote from: petesky on December 18, 2009, 06:22:46 AM
@petesky> And I assume you did NOT have these two extra default profiles in SMG 2.0.5? Are you positive about this?

AFAIK i had 3 different profiles before but not with same name. There is no way to rename the profile so when i delete the "default" which is not the default one (2nd on picture) with 0 albums i get: "One or more albums are using the profile you're trying to delete. Please select a profile to switch them to before you proceed."
Uh, would you happen to have a copy of your database from before the upgrade? (Just the mgallery_* tables, really...) I'd be interested in seeing that with my own eyes. Dragooon wrote the upgrader section for profiles, I'm not very familiar with it for now. I'm not sure it's buggy or not.

Soms

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 18, 2009, 11:59:21 AM
Hmm, this shouldn't have been happening... Your MySQL server has trouble renaming tables.
Or maybe you have an esotheric database structure. What's your $db_prefix variable like, for instance?

I am not sure I get you on this. The database has never had any trouble modifying the necessary tables. I have checked on my live forum, the _mgallery_fields which AM is looking for, appears in the db. This may be because I am using the current version of SMG there whereas on the test forum I was still using the 1.5.4. version (frankly I just forgot to update it!)

$db_prefix?
eng_mgallery_albums
eng_ mgallery_comments
eng_mgallery_files
eng_mgallery_log_media

Tiribulus

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on December 18, 2009, 11:59:21 AM
<<< Just go to http://smf-media.com/community/ and click on the SVN link in the menu. Then click 'Aeva' and you're there. Click on 'Download' on the first link that shows up (or 'Create' if there's no 'Download' link for the latest revision, then 'Download'.) Decompress, recompress, upload, install (remember to make sure any earlier versions of Aeva and SMF Media Gallery are uninstalled first, of course.)

Worked jist peachy keen fer me. I recompressed it as a gunzipped tar file (.tar.gz).

Nao 尚

Redryder, can you update me on which problems are still valid, and which aren't, based on the latest SVN (105) and the latest Foxy! update?

petesky

Quote from: Naolington on December 18, 2009, 12:12:21 PM
Quote from: petesky on December 18, 2009, 06:22:46 AM

I'm sorry but i only have a daily image so i cannot tell you the difference in before. May you can add a feature to rename the profile easy.

Uh, would you happen to have a copy of your database from before the upgrade? (Just the mgallery_* tables, really...) I'd be interested in seeing that with my own eyes. Dragooon wrote the upgrader section for profiles, I'm not very familiar with it for now. I'm not sure it's buggy or not.

Nao 尚

I would need phpmyadmin access to your site in order to be able to fix it (and make sure the upgrader program will never do this again.)

Sun11

i remember when it first came out, used it to help my users watch videos, now that its used its really cool :D

Diamond Isle

Ok hands up i admit i am a dimwit when it comes to this mod installation malarky, I obviously installed the AEVA latest version wrong and basically made a right mess of things. I have had several searches through all the FAQ's and posts on here, but could not find an answer to my problem, nor did i really understand a lot of it i have to admit.

Basically as far as i can tell when i go onto my server and look in the folder where my form bits n bobs are stored in the sources folder there are 2 folders called "MODSETTINGS.PHP"  i had a look in both and they are both identical.
Am i right in thinking if i delete these 2 folders after un - installing the mods i have installed this will clear the problem, and allow me to re- install the chosen mods hopefully the correct way this time.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also sorry if i have posted this in the wrong area.

I do apologize for not being to hot with this PC stuff   :)

Regards
Diamond Isle

Arantor

No, removing those files will break your forum. ModSettings.php powers a substantial part of your admin area.

Diamond Isle

Ok thanks for putting me straight on that,  glad i asked first.
have you any idea how i remove the remnants of the AEVA from my forum that i mucked up so i am able to do a fresh install without having 6 of the same videos showing in one thread.
Not even sure where to look or what i am supposed to be looking for.  :(

Could you also please advise me on this error message that I keep getting when I attempt to gain access to the 'Features and Option' in configuration section of my forum ......  I would really appreciate getting this resolved.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyaevasettings() (previously declared in /home/fhlinux128/c/craftymusic.org.uk/user/htdocs/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:370) in /home/fhlinux128/c/craftymusic.org.uk/user/htdocs/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 383

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Recently upgraded from SMF 1.1.11 to 2.0 RC2, just now discovered that this mod doesn't seem to be working, I've reinstalled latest version but non of my posts with embedded links to locally stored videos is showing the nice little player, haven't checked other posts with utube videos yet but i assume they aren't working either, help.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Nao 尚

Can't you post your problem in the same topic as earlier?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=354054.0

It's the same problem.
I'm not even sure you've read our answers & recommendations over there. :-\

Nao 尚

Make sure the mod is enabled in the admin area, and relevant websites are ticked.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Naolington on December 20, 2009, 12:06:31 PM
Make sure the mod is enabled in the admin area, and relevant websites are ticked.

Yes, those items are not the problem, I'm not a rookie, are you the author of this mod?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: