General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Quote from: bperry921 on December 20, 2009, 12:21:51 PM
are you the author of this mod?

Nao a.k.a. Naolington is the current maintainer/developer of this mod, yes. But in true IT support tradition, he's asking all the obvious questions first, just in case. You'd be amazed how often even seasoned pros miss the obvious things.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: The Grinch on December 20, 2009, 12:28:12 PM
Quote from: bperry921 on December 20, 2009, 12:21:51 PM
are you the author of this mod?

Nao a.k.a. Naolington is the current maintainer/developer of this mod, yes. But in true IT support tradition, he's asking all the obvious questions first, just in case. You'd be amazed how often even seasoned pros miss the obvious things.

Yea you are right, even I make those sort of mistakes from time to time, sorry to be so short, guess I'm kinda in a sour mood today.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Nao 尚

Try uninstalling Aeva (and possibly SMG if it's there), and install Aeva Media instead. Always best to work on the latest version.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Diamond Isle

As i stated in my post, i have been all through the FAQ and posts, but not being a PC expert like most on here i could not make head nor tail of it. i really would appreciate some assistance with this problem please  :)

Diamond Isle

have you any idea how i remove the remnants of the AEVA from my forum that i mucked up so i am able to do a fresh install without having 6 of the same videos showing in one thread.
Not even sure where to look or what i am supposed to be looking for. 

Could you also please advise me on this error message that I keep getting when I attempt to gain access to the 'Features and Option' in configuration section of my forum ......  I would really appreciate getting this resolved.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyaevasettings() (previously declared in /home/fhlinux128/c/craftymusic.org.uk/user/htdocs/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:370) in /home/fhlinux128/c/craftymusic.org.uk/user/htdocs/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 383

Nao 尚

Quote from: Diamond Isle on December 20, 2009, 01:50:20 PM
have you any idea how i remove the remnants of the AEVA from my forum that i mucked up so i am able to do a fresh install without having 6 of the same videos showing in one thread.
Not even sure where to look or what i am supposed to be looking for.
Use a manual package parser to uninstall it manually.

QuoteCould you also please advise me on this error message that I keep getting when I attempt to gain access to the 'Features and Option' in configuration section of my forum ......  I would really appreciate getting this resolved.
You can reproduce the error message as much as you want -- I told you already: it's addressed in huge red type in the mod page. Seriously.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Arantor

QuoteModifyAevaSettings() errors.

Please refer to this every time someone posts an error message mentioning that function.

"Undefined function" error -> this is a mod screwing up your install (it could possibly be any mod, but AjaxChat is the better known one.) It doesn't follow SMF guidelines for its install script. It's not Aeva's fault. Quick workaround: make sure to install Aeva before you install that mod. It's already cost me hours in explaining the same thing again and again, I will no longer be replying to this kind of request.

"Already defined" error -> this is a SMF limitation. It doesn't try to check whether you already installed a mod before. As a result, if you don't uninstall a mod before reinstalling it, everything will be copied twice. This is a problem on ALL PACKAGES and can only be fixed by educating yourself on how to install packages in current versions of SMF. Quick workaround: apart from being careful next time, there is none. You'll have to uninstall Aeva manually, file by file. It's not a big mod though, so it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

AND I'm sure it's covered in http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=338923.0

Quote from: Naolington on December 20, 2009, 01:20:08 PM
Try uninstalling Aeva (and possibly SMG if it's there), and install Aeva Media instead. Always best to work on the latest version.

OK, where do I get Aeva Media from, doesn't seem to be anything by that name in the mods section?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Quote from: bperry921 on December 20, 2009, 10:46:57 PM
Quote from: Naolington on December 20, 2009, 01:20:08 PM

OK, where do I get Aeva Media from, doesn't seem to be anything by that name in the mods section?

Ok, we are back to square one, went to your site, discovered where to download Aeva Media, it seems that I've had it installed already Aeva 7.0.706 right? That's the one I'm having touble with.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Arantor

Aeva 7.0.706 isn't the same as Aeva Media. They're completely separate things.

petesky

Btw. which forum is correct for the ALPHA Version of AEVA ?

Diamond Isle

Hi Grinch,
               Thank you for taking the time to post this for us, It's nice to know there are some decent folk out there after all.

Regards
Diamond Isle   :)

Arantor

I just figured that reposted what Nao was referring to seemed easier than getting everyone else riled up for the sake of 2-3 mouse clicks...

* The Grinch isn't really a Grinch, just at this time of year.

Nao 尚

Quote from: petesky on December 21, 2009, 04:32:33 AM
Btw. which forum is correct for the ALPHA Version of AEVA ?
Any forum is correct.
The place to download the alpha version of Aeva *Media* is the SVN over at smf-media.com (the package needs to be decompressed and rezipped before being sent to your server, or SMF will fail installing it.)

Aeva itself, which I should rename "Aeva Lite" to make it easier to understand, is long past alpha status... It's completely finished and won't be updated anymore.

I will release the public alpha of Aeva Media on the official mod site sometime this week. Maybe today, maybe later. I need to determine whether I'll implement an additional feature or not.

petesky

Can you add a feature to autoupdate like portamx ? and where can i see which suversion is installed - on SVN there ist 112 and i have alpha 2 but which SVN ?

Het Bosje

Quote from: Naolington on December 15, 2009, 07:03:47 AM
I guess your Aeva.dutch.php file isn't up to date.
Do you have a suggestion where to obtain a more up to date Aeva.dutch.php file?

Nao 尚

Nope... I don't deal with language files from third parties. (I guess I'll have to, at some point, but not until torture.)

Nao 尚

What do you mean autoupdate? I don't know PortaMx, what are you looking for?

(Aeva has been automatically updating its sitelist for something like a year already, BTW... As for updating the mod itself, it would require that I no longer do changes to the install scripts...)

SVN doesn't say which is installed. You'll have to keep the record the old fashioned way. It's the price to pay for the latest SVNs ;)

Het Bosje

Quote from: Naolington on December 21, 2009, 10:22:26 AM
(I guess I'll have to, at some point, but not until torture.)
Judging by your avatar, You are tortured enough, I guess.
But is there somebody else who knows where to get an updated language file for Aeva?

P.

Quote from: The Grinch on December 21, 2009, 04:07:48 AM
Aeva 7.0.706 isn't the same as Aeva Media. They're completely separate things.

Ok, well that's what I assumed at first, so where do I find Aeva Media?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Advertisement: