General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

@sakurachan> Thanks, another small bug... I've fixed it, it'll be in Alpha 2. Meanwhile, you can simply run the db_aeva.php script again (just upload it to your root folder), it shouldn't trigger the error twice.

@bperry> Have you tried adding the "www." at the beginning of the domain name?

@petesky> This is the regex I mentioned above. Unfortunately, it appears it doesn't work, as I said -- it returned a false positive on a Shift-JIS file I submitted to the function. Shift-JIS is still a 16-bit character set with no relation to UTF-8. It didn't surprise me at all. The purpose of the regex, for its author, was to simply determine whether a string was entirely in 7-bit characters (i.e. no accents, no special characters), which is a very English-centric conception really. Not a problem with me, but I need more solid code.

@Arantor> I never gave the option to remove the data. Should I? Does SMF2 provide some helper functions to do that, as you seem to imply?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Arantor

Nao: If you use <database> rather than <code> to call a DB install script in 2.0, it automatically picks up what tables are created and what columns are added, and auto offers the choice to remove them - without having to do anything else for uninstall.

You can still run auto uninstall instructions yourself. <database> in <uninstall> will only be called if the user picks the 'remove data' option, <code> in <uninstall> will run every time.

Nao 尚

(For those who like the SVN...)

rev 119
! Upgrading from SMG could crash the installer at some point. (db_aeva.php)
* Still working on improving the new version warnings (Aeva-Subs.php, Aeva.template.php)
! Stat Bar widths shouldn't be floats... (Aeva-Subs.php)

@arantor> Interesting... Do you know of any mod that does that cleanly?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Arantor

Nao: Several of mine use <database> on install and have no uninstall block; just leaves it to the user. When I fixed up Birthday Post last night, I set it to use <database> on install and <code> on uninstall - that way, the install creates the scheduled task row, plus the new column.

Then, the uninstaller (driven from <database> on install) can optionally remove the new column from the members table, whilst always removing the row from the scheduled tasks table. The best part is the SMF does most of it itself without you having to care, provided the proper $smcFunc calls are made (i.e. $smcFunc['db_create_table'] etc). The only thing <database> on install won't remove automatically on uninstall is new rows in existing tables, but you can add your own uninstaller to handle that (either giving the user the option by putting it in <database> in <uninstall> or forcibly by putting it in a <code> in the uninstall)

I really should document the difference sometime.

Tiribulus

Quote from: bperry921 on December 28, 2009, 04:03:06 PM
OK, now I'm stumped, I've discovered ONE message where the embedded video player shows up normally on one of my locally stored Windows Media files (.wmv's)... why would it work as expected for one file and not the others? I've checked and double checked the filenames and extensions and the links in the messages are structured exactly the same...

Here's the one message that seems to work, can someone else verify this for me please?

Check the cases of the file and the extension. If this is a Linux box it'll gag if the cases don't match. I had a single jpg that was driving me nuts and it turned that the extension was in capitals.

Nao 尚

Don't waste your time on this, Tiribulus... Apparently bperry edited his failed embed as I asked him to, it worked, and he didn't take time to drop by here to say something as useless as 'thanks, it worked'... ::)

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Tiribulus on December 29, 2009, 10:21:35 AM
Quote from: bperry921 on December 28, 2009, 04:03:06 PM
OK, now I'm stumped, I've discovered ONE message where the embedded video player shows up normally on one of my locally stored Windows Media files (.wmv's)... why would it work as expected for one file and not the others? I've checked and double checked the filenames and extensions and the links in the messages are structured exactly the same...

Here's the one message that seems to work, can someone else verify this for me please?

Check the cases of the file and the extension. If this is a Linux box it'll gag if the cases don't match. I had a single jpg that was driving me nuts and it turned that the extension was in capitals.

Found the problem, everything is working perfectly now, although it wasn't an upper vs. lower case issue, I double checked that previously... but it was a link structure issue, for months now i've used a shortened version of my domain name in links here without any problems, dropping the www. on www.rjventure.com, it seems you can't do that with Aeva Media videos... however, thanks for your comment, it prompted me to look at the filenames a little closer this time around.

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Tiribulus

Quote from: Naolington on December 29, 2009, 11:50:59 AM
Don't waste your time on this, Tiribulus... Apparently bperry edited his failed embed as I asked him to, it worked, and he didn't take time to drop by here to say something as useless as 'thanks, it worked'... ::)

Other people's kids huh? ::) Sheesh

Arantor

Quote from: bperry921 on December 29, 2009, 12:29:21 PM
Found the problem, everything is working perfectly now, although it wasn't an upper vs. lower case issue, I double checked that previously... but it was a link structure issue, for months now i've used a shortened version of my domain name in links here without any problems, dropping the www. on www.rjventure.com, it seems you can't do that with Aeva Media videos... however, thanks for your comment, it prompted me to look at the filenames a little closer this time around.

Subdomain independent cookies on?

Quote from: Naolington on December 29, 2009, 11:50:59 AM

Ya know, you are quick on the draw with negative comments, I never even saw your comment till a few minutes ago, I spend an awful lot of time online but not full time work at home yet
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Quote from: Arantor on December 29, 2009, 12:33:38 PM
Quote from: bperry921 on December 29, 2009, 12:29:21 PM

Subdomain independent cookies on?

No it's unchecked, but like I said, issue is resolved, great mod, where can I make a contribution? can't afford much and it will have to wait about a week or so, but I'd like to make a donation to the cause Nao?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

~DS~

Found some errors in the log:

aeva_comments: in load.php ==>1436: 'total_comments' => $profile['aeva_comments'],

aeva_items: in load.php ==>1435: 'total_items' => $profile['aeva_items'],

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Nao 尚

@bperry> I'm not "quick to draw", I'm just saying. Many people don't come back to thank me when I fix their issues.

As for a reward-- no need for that, really. If you insist, you can make a donation at smf-media.com (now I'm the recipient for donations over there), or simply buy a copy of Foxy! (granted, it's a bit more expensive than a simple donation, but you get goodies in exchange :))

@Dismal Shadow> Did you install manually? Because this error doesn't happen if the install was completely correctly.

~DS~

Yes I had to install it manually because it throws error when trying to install. I am not going to unistall cause there's alot of errors too.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Nao 尚

Lol...

If it simply thew one error, you could proceed with the automatic install and apply the remaining failed install manually, you know...

At this point, if you have issues, don't be surprised I can't help you. Reinstall Aeva Media on a fresh copy of SMF.

~DS~

Quote from: Naolington on December 29, 2009, 04:39:21 PM

If it simply thew one error, you could proceed with the automatic install and apply the remaining failed install manually, you know...
That's exactly what I did. 

Nugget

I am new - appologies if I am in the wrong section - I can not find an answer to this question.
I have SMF 2.0 RC2 installed.
I have  Gallery Pro with hundreds of images and user's galleries so while your gallery might be better, I do not want to change at this time.
I need users to be able to embed youtube and other video in posts - not the gallery.
Can I install this mod but not use or dissable the gallery option?
I had AVEA on a previous SMF 1.1.10 and it was great.
Or is AVEA available as a stand alone mod for 2.0?

Thank you

petesky

I just installed rev122 - did you changed the utf function there ? Because this works so far without php error.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Nugget on December 30, 2009, 01:22:56 AM
I have  Gallery Pro with hundreds of images and user's galleries so while your gallery might be better, I do not want to change at this time.
You can test it in private.

QuoteI need users to be able to embed youtube and other video in posts - not the gallery.
Can I install this mod but not use or dissable the gallery option?
Yep, of course.
And you can also, at anytime, use the import script to create a gallery with the AM system based on your SGP install. It will not wipe your SGP out, it will not disable it -- it will coexist until you decide to remove one of the two. (Permissions are denied by default, so if you import albums, no one will be able to view them except for the admin. You can safely test drive AM and decide which works best for you later.)

QuoteI had AVEA on a previous SMF 1.1.10 and it was great.
It's Aeva. Not AVEA or AEVA. (Urgh.)

QuoteOr is AVEA available as a stand alone mod for 2.0?
There's still version 7.0.706 available on the mod page as a freebie.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: petesky on December 30, 2009, 03:37:36 AM
I just installed rev122 - did you changed the utf function there ? Because this works so far without php error.

Bumping this so it don't get lost by mistake, after I approved it after Nao had already posted in the meantime.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: