General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheewy

Phizinza

When users create new albums is there a way to simplify what they see? At the moment they get options for Read/Write for all user types, Allowed member access and Highslide options which I would rather just stay as a moderators option instead of being end user options. Any way to achieve this?

And one other thing. In IE 7.0 the "New Album" button comes up as a failed image. But in Firefox it shows as just text?

kaoss

What if I want random pics from the gallery to show on a simple portal block? Tells me that there is no gallery installed when I try. Using SMF 2.0 RC2 and SimplePortal 2.3.1

Cheewy

maby you use code for some other gallery... I have not seen block code for Aeva Media yet...

ngocanh110

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me, I've just installed the latest version of avea, but I encountered a problem, it does not work and have one error:

"Table 'gcforum.gcf_aeva_settings' doesn't exist
File: C:\xampp\htdocs\congdantoancau\forum\Sources\Aeva-Subs.php
Dòng: 692

Note: May need to upgrade the database. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.11, while your database is at version 1.1.9. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

Please help as i want to get my forum and videos back to the way they were

Nao 尚

@kaoss, @cheewy> http://smf-media.com/community/index.php?topic=1511.msg11913#msg11913

loadLanguage('Aeva');
@include_once($sourcedir . '/Aeva-Subs.php');
echo aeva_listItems(aeva_getMediaItems(0, 3, 'RAND()'), false, '', 1);

3 = number of items
1 = number of items per row
RAND() = random sorting

@Phizinza> I don't see any broken pic or anything in IE8... Screenshot? Have you been using some mod for that?

There is no way to simplify read/write access. Being able to finetune who could upload to what user album was one of the most requested features back in SMG. It took me time to get it right and as unobtrusive as possible. I had to rethink the admin layout to do it. This is one of the main features in Aeva Media. Now, if you don't like it, use SMG instead. It's all I can say. Both SMG and Aeva Media have a learning curve because they're so powerful. You saw that with the whole permission profile thing.

@Cheewy> This is in my to-do-list, hopefully will be in the final 1.0.

@Arantor> If the user needs to add html tags, it defeats the whole purpose of Aeva in the first place... ^^

@Dismal> Well, it appears Brightcove changed their embed system, then. They're using an object tag instead of an embed tag, which is a bad idea... Anyway, got the link to your video page?

@clotha> Got your PM thanks. Will be busy again today. Starting from tomorrow, I'll be 100% holiday-free. Phew. Then I'll just have to deal with the aftermath..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

clothahump

Quote@clotha> Got your PM thanks. Will be busy again today. Starting from tomorrow, I'll be 100% holiday-free. Phew. Then I'll just have to deal with the aftermath..

No problem, any help is much appreciated.

clothahump

Is it possible to embed photobucket images, seems a few of my members are incapable of simply editing images.

~DS~

Quote from: Naolington on January 03, 2010, 05:04:30 AM

@Dismal> Well, it appears Brightcove changed their embed system, then. They're using an object tag instead of an embed tag, which is a bad idea... Anyway, got the link to your video page?

The link to video link from Brightcove: http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/01/ben-hecks-ps3-slim-laptop-pops-up-for-sale-on-ebay/

And I cannot embed this video either, will you have a look, something from cdn.turner.com? http://www.nba.com/video/games/lakers/2010/01/01/0020900476_sac_lal_play4.nba/
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

mikeymx5

When I create new albums they have a user name attached to them and will not show up when I make them sub albums

Nao 尚

clothahump, this feature is implemented in the Foxy! add-on.

Dismal, is this an engadget video or AOL video? The "get url" thing gives me an AOL URL... And when I visit that AOL page, it gives me... A different embed link!!

mikeymx5, can you be more specific?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

~DS~

Quote from: Naolington on January 03, 2010, 05:09:50 PM

Dismal, is this an engadget video or AOL video? The "get url" thing gives me an AOL URL... And when I visit that AOL page, it gives me... A different embed link!!

Yeah the embed codes are different. Here is the source: http://video.aol.com/video-detail/the-engadget-show-segment-002-ben-heck/355734785

Find anything?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Kindred

ok... here's the deal with that video.

1- Brightcove is a subscription service. i.e. you have to pay to use their video service.
2- that video is embedded from truveo which embeds from brightcove on that AOL page. The embed link just embeds a version of the brightcove player...   Aeva has it's own player, so it won't work with that. The only way that I can see to embed brightcove videos on your own site is to have your own brightcove account or nto find the original brightcove embed link...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

~DS~

Quote from: Kindred on January 03, 2010, 06:33:26 PM
ok... here's the deal with that video.

1- Brightcove is a subscription service. i.e. you have to pay to use their video service.
2- that video is embedded from truveo which embeds from brightcove on that AOL page. The embed link just embeds a version of the brightcove player...   Aeva has it's own player, so it won't work with that. The only way that I can see to embed brightcove videos on your own site is to have your own brightcove account or nto find the original brightcove embed link...

I see, thanks for the explication.

Kindred

back to the topic...

Blokey...
1- always include smf version, mod version and a step-by-step method that you use to cause the problem.
2- by standard parlance, ALPHA versions are unstable and should never be used by anyone who is not prepared to debug  (and moderately knowledgeable in code). BETA releases are still, generally, not ready for live sites...   there are known issues still being worked on and users who do install a beta version are expected to work with the developer(s) to find the cause and fix of the problem.
So... byt calling the version alpha, Nao has clearly indicated that the mod is not fully ready for "prime time" (as it were)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

blokey

SMF Version 2.0 RC2     Server Info Apache version 2.0.63 PHP version 5.2.9 MySQL version 5.0.81-community Architecture x86_64 Operating system Linux

Phizinza

Quote from: Naolington on January 03, 2010, 05:04:30 AM
@Phizinza> I don't see any broken pic or anything in IE8... Screenshot? Have you been using some mod for that?
Heres a screenshot.

When I look at the code its trying to use an image with the URL of "http://offroadingsubarus.com/forum/Themes/os/images/", no image name after that url... :-/

Also if you look at my red square you will see a problem I am having with the button. It looked worse then that before but I changed the table tags to span tags and it is closer to looking right. But before with standard Aeva install it looked terrible...

Only mods I have installed are:
Aeva Media      1.0 Alpha 2
Ad Managment      2.3
Order Stickied Topics      1.01
Location on Member List      1.0

Arantor

That's because your custom theme does something quite different to the default - and it's not possible to support every possible variation that themes do in 1.1.x.

It's better in 2.0 where it's not controlled directly in the template.

clothahump

Quoteclothahump, this feature is implemented in the Foxy! add-on.

Right, will just have to put up with the idiots rubbish from Pukebucket then, can't afford that at the moment.

Phizinza

Quote from: Arantor on January 03, 2010, 10:07:41 PM
That's because your custom theme does something quite different to the default - and it's not possible to support every possible variation that themes do in 1.1.x.

It's better in 2.0 where it's not controlled directly in the template.
So you are saying the Media button is affected by this or the New Album picture is affected by this?

Also what is the best format to use to upload video into this gallery? As in, most compatible?

Advertisement: