News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

@mickey> Did you make sure to set your sub-albums to Featured before you moved them?
Also, you should always be able to access them in the complete album list (which is no longer the 'user albums' list -- it also includes Featured albums, i.e. albums that are also shown on the homepage.)

@petesky> Hmm, bugger... Basically, it's pretty much impossible to determine whether I should remove duplicate profiles. Because there's hardly a way to know if the admin has started using it properly and changing details inside the profile. Let's say I 'reset' albums to the original Default profile: what if they're more 'open' than the modified profile? This means it will automaticaly give access to private albums. :-/

@phizinza> The problem with the 'New Album' icon is something that the theme author should fix. He takes an icon URL that does NOT exist and takes it for granted. He should check whether the icon URL is empty before he starts forcing an icon to show... That seems more logical to me. He may be providing custom icons for all of his custom actions, but he can't think of all mods out there that don't provide an icon because default themes don't show icons... Anyway. Contact the theme's author.

@phizinza²> Regarding the Media [number] link, I can't do anything without access to your site with an account that shows the button. I need to see the CSS conflict in action.

@Kindred (about brightcove)> No, no -- anyone can embed brightcove videos without any trouble, as long as they can use the html tag (i.e. admins, generally). Neither Aeva nor Aeva Media use their 'own player' for showing embedded videos (Aeva Media will in the end be using its own JWPlayer, but it's not yet implemented, and it will only be for direct file access, such as local or remote .flv, .mp4 etc.)

@Dismal> I still haven't got a clue why the embed codes are different. Let's just say Brightcove have decided to make their code even more complicated... At this point, I may have to remove support for it if no other previously working video will show up. I'd hate to do that, as Brightcove is a video network, not a video site, but I can't leave it 'as it' either.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

clothahump

Nao 尚

Mickey, I just tried to move around my albums at noisen -- I successfully turned a non-featured album into a featured album's child, without having to change its featured status. Maybe your problem is due to your featured albums being set to album_of=0? Open phpmyadmin, and run this query (I've added it to db_aeva.php, will be in the next release):

UPDATE smf_aeva_albums SET album_of = 1 WHERE album_of = 0;

(Where smf_ is your DB prefix, of course.)
Worked for me. Of course, albums previously set as 'General' will no longer show up as owner-less albums, they'll be in the admin's album list instead. Shouldn't be a problem... (Should it?)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

kaoss

Kindred

well, it looks like you copied without line breaks.... which means the code is not valid.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

K4EEO

I'd like to limit the long list of Privacy options that are presented to our members when they are uploading media..  can this be done without breaking the plugin? and if so, how?

Thanks! ............................. Tommy

Nao 尚

Why would you want to limit it?

Why do people endlessly ask me for more complex features, and then when I implement them, nobody thanks me, and instead people come to ask me for simplifying them?

Is this the same for all mod authors?
Should I get another job? (A paid one, at that?)

Arantor

Quote from: Naolington on January 04, 2010, 04:41:32 PM
Is this the same for all mod authors?
Should I get another job? (A paid one, at that?)

You can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time :(

I usually get asked for more complex features to which I usually say no as it wasn't something I planned to add.

Nao 尚

Uh... This isn't the default behavior. Did you change anything?

Nao 尚

Ah, well...

I currently have 72 outstanding 'must do' items in my to-do-list, 17 'may do' and plenty more 'will do if I'm paid a million dollars for it'.
Still, 72 is a lot, and I'd really like to finish the Aeva Media project *this year* and basically only work on fixing bugs etc, instead of constantly adding features as I've been doing for the past year.
I'll probably be happy if I implement 20.

Arantor

Sounds like a very worthy goal to me :)

NeoXII

:)

Hi
I have this problem when I start the convertion from SMF Gallery Pro.
After Convert categories...

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_file

Thank You!

Cheewy

I am admin... there si not permissions for admins...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Phizinza

Thanks. I got it sorted myself. Don't quite know how I figured it out but its working...

Here is the code I made for the link. I used the PM code and modified it with the Aeva stuff. I don't have a seperate link for new only files but I don't mind.

// Go to PM center... [pm]
if ($context['user']['is_logged'] && $context['allow_pm'])
echo '<li', $current_action == 'pm' ? ' id="active"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">' , $txt['pm_short'] , ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 ? '[<strong>'. $context['user']['unread_messages'] . '</strong>]' : '' , '</a></li>';

// Go to Aeva center... [media]
// Recalculate number of unseen items
global $user_info;
if (!empty($user_info['aeva_unseen']) && $user_info['aeva_unseen'] == -1)
{
global $sourcedir;
require_once($sourcedir . '/Aeva-Subs.php');
aeva_loadSettings();
}

$aeva_unseen = !allowedTo('aeva_access_unseen') || empty($user_info['aeva_unseen']) || $user_info['aeva_unseen'] == -1 ? 0 : $user_info['aeva_unseen'];

if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
echo '<li', $current_action == 'media' ? ' id="active"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=media">' , $txt['aeva_gallery'], $aeva_unseen ? ' [<strong>' . $aeva_unseen . '</strong>]' : '', '</a></li>';

// The [calendar]!
if ($context['allow_calendar'])
echo '<li', $current_action == 'calendar' ? ' id="active"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar">' , $txt['calendar24'] , '</a></li>';

// the [member] list button
if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
echo '<li', $current_action == 'mlist' ? ' id="active"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist">' , $txt[331] , '</a></li>';

saks

Quote from: Naolington on January 04, 2010, 05:02:05 PM
Did you change anything?
I have changed language by default to the Russian, crate file aeva.russian-utf8.php (copy and rename aeva.english.php and translate it), and i didn't do more Any changes

Phizinza

I'm having trouble with the Mass uploader. It gets to 100% of one file and won't move onto the next?

kaoss

Tried that. It doesn't seem like there is enough room in the box.

Advertisement: