General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SEEN

Quote from: Naolington on December 27, 2009, 06:05:19 PM
@Cheewy> Can you post a screenshot?

@seen> What do you mean nothing happened? Blank screen? Or just came back to the package manager?

@puretruck> Proceed with uninstall, then download the 'failed files', edit them manually to remove the rest of the Aeva stuff, reupload them, then uninstall SMG the same way (if installed), and install AM.

just came back to the package manager, nothing happen.

1. Aeva Media 1.0 Alpha [Apply Mod] [list Files] [Delete]

I click at apply mod and nothing happen. Came back to the same page.

im using SMF 1.1.11

thank you[/list]

Phizinza

Can a upload status bar like the one found in the "mass uploader" be implemented in the standard upload screen?

Nao 尚

@neoxii> Version of SMF, Aeva Media and SMF Gallery Pro?
@phizinza> Size of target file? Size allowed in php.ini?
@kaoss> Please bring your troubles to a more on-topic place. There is already enough going here, it's not like discussing totally unrelated topics for many messages will pass as unnoticed. The purpose of the AM topic is not to teach you how to make a copy'n'paste.
@seen> This has nothing to do with your original description, has it? If your installation issue has nothing to do with the mod itself (since it happens even before you're installing it), please discuss this in another topic as well.
@phizinza²> No. That's the whole purpose of single form uploading: it doesn't rely on Javascript & Flash at all, and is thus a backup solution for uploading stuff. Since Aeva Media has mass upload description boxes, what more do you need?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Phizinza

Quote from: Naolington on January 05, 2010, 05:57:02 AM
@phizinza> Size of target file? Size allowed in php.ini?
I'm uploading 16mb and 32mb files. For admin I've got 0kb limit (unlimited?). For all other users 50000kb limit. But isn't this per file?

What is php.ini?

Nao 尚

Well, screenshot please? (A screenshot of where you think you should be seeing the Add Album button...)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Nao 尚

In the AM admin area... 'Settings' tab... Look for php.ini settings. What does it say? Should be a number followed by an 'M'.

Cheewy

Nao 尚

Did you try with the Default theme?
Because you're using a custom theme and nothing says it isn't buggy.

Nao 尚

Did you set any specific permissions on the parent albums? I noticed that none of the parent albums have items themselves -- only children album have items.

Ah, I think I've found it...
All children have no owner, i.e. they used to be general albums, and were set to album_of = 0 when you upgraded. The latest SVN release fixes this, you should be seeing your children albums again -- as long as they're from the same author.
This is a limitation in Aeva Media. I'm thinking I should start making better 'trees' with a master ID that would represent the top level album, and all subsequent children would share the same master ID. This would make it way faster to load all albums within a set. In SMG, this used to be the parent_of variable, because all sub-albums would share the same owner anyway. This is no longer the case. Will change this.

mikeymx5

Quote from: Naolington on January 04, 2010, 03:45:26 PM
Mickey, I just tried to move around my albums at noisen -- I successfully turned a non-featured album into a featured album's child, without having to change its featured status. Maybe your problem is due to your featured albums being set to album_of=0? Open phpmyadmin, and run this query (I've added it to db_aeva.php, will be in the next release):

UPDATE smf_aeva_albums SET album_of = 1 WHERE album_of = 0;

(Where smf_ is your DB prefix, of course.)
Worked for me. Of course, albums previously set as 'General' will no longer show up as owner-less albums, they'll be in the admin's album list instead. Shouldn't be a problem... (Should it?)

Working on it now you are probably right as I did just the opposite to get it to work as I set the new album to 0 as a temporary fix.

Yes it worked perfect - Thanks again!!!!

Cheewy

I did manual install to custom files on my theme...

NeoXII

Quote from: Naolington on January 05, 2010, 05:57:02 AM
@neoxii> Version of SMF, Aeva Media and SMF Gallery Pro?

Yes, excuse me...

SMF 2 RC1.2
Aeva 7.0.703
SMF Gallery PRO 2.5.7.1

Thank You!  :)

Nao 尚

@clothahump> Can you remind me what your problem is...? You seem to have so many ;)

@neoxii> As the converter says, it's certified for compatibility with the equivalent of SGL 1.9, which was released a year ago. As for SGP, I wrote the converter based on v1.xx (can't remember which), so it would be no surprise you're having problems with conversion. I simply do not have access to v2.x and would not want access anyway (I don't see the point in paying for something that I think I do better in AM. :P) Even reverse engineering a recent database dump would not guarantee I can convert it.

Nao 尚

For anyone interested--
Was planning to release Alpha 3 today, but this will be postponed to tomorrow instead.

I tried to add a feature to make it easier to show album trees that mix albums from different authors as parents/children. Unfortunately it proved to be longer than expected. For instance, I need to update more values every time an album is created or moved. Additionally, if you try to move an album that has a child, the child wouldn't be moved as well. I need to fix this.

Phizinza

Quote from: Naolington on January 05, 2010, 07:55:57 AM
In the AM admin area... 'Settings' tab... Look for php.ini settings. What does it say? Should be a number followed by an 'M'.
It says 8M.

I cannot find my php.ini file though. I searched in FileZilla with show hidden files on. I also uploaded the info.php and it says it is in folder /web/conf/php.ini but I cannot find that folder?

saks

Many thanks for the help! It's cool! I have changed value of "album_of" and all has work correctly. I am converted gallery from my old CPG gallery and new albums are created and displayed correctly.

I have one more question. Is it possible to make, that the direct link on file had on the end jpg or gif or other extension? (Many forums don't allow to use for insert the kind link [img]http://www.paraplanoff.net/MGalleryItem.php?id=5133[/img] Also demand to use direct link with file name on the end, so as [img]http://www.paraplanoff.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/AA015A1.jpg[/img])

clothahump

There are now two Defaults in Permissions.
SMF Member Groups has lost Regular members.

Nao 尚

Does your custom theme show contextual buttons for other tabs in Aeva Media?
If yes, send me an admin account and your URL... I need to have a look.

Advertisement: