News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

- SMF forums don't allow question marks in the URL inside IMG tags (a security issue). If you want to embed on your own forum, use another tag type.
- If you want to embed on another SMF forum, and/or add the JPG extension, you'll have to change the template to link to something like /MGalleryItem/5133.jpg and then add a .htaccess rule to redirect MGalleryItem/(\d+)\.jpg to MGalleryItem.php?id=$1 (or something like that.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Nao 尚

@Phizinza> Then 8 MB it is... You can't upload files > 8 MB on your server. PHP will simply discard the file and Aeva Media will send an error saying 'No file was specified'. (If you're mass uploading, it will simply stall the process at 100%.) You need to update your php.ini file or use FTP Import.

@clothahump> Ah, yes... That one. I rebooted my PC so I forgot to re-open my zip file with the dump...

And "lost regular members"? What do you mean? Screenshot?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

clothahump

I am sure that before I upgraded there was a group named "Regular Members"

Arantor

The regular members group doesn't appear on the manage membergroups page as far as I remember because there's nothing actually configurable there for it.

clothahump

Now if I had been asked to give evidence in Court I would have been convinced it was there, must be too much cold weather freezing my brain.

Nao 尚

Just as Arantor said... Regular Members is a 'virtual' group (it means: all your registered members that are NOT in a primary group already.)

clothahump

Just found where I had seen it before, Gallery permissions, this is the main problem with the new gallery system, the groups are well confused.

Nao 尚

Take some time to learn how permissions work in SMF... They're complex, but they're powerful.
SMG/AM only looks to leverage that power. 'Regular Members' is everywhere to be found in SMF, BTW... It's not a SMG/AM thing. It just isn't a configurable membergroup in the admin area because it's virtual.

SEEN

Everytime i click [apply mod] it just refreshes the page. what's going on?

i have set permission to 777

im using smf 1.1.11

Nao 尚

I did tell you already, didn't I?
There's nothing 'wrong' about that, really...
The first Default set is applied to your General (now Featured) albums.
The second Default set is applied to your ex-User albums.
The only problem is that they both share the same name... :P
I'll try to add the ability to rename them at some point.

If you only need one set of permissions, just select "Delete" next to the second set, and choose the first Default set as target for "Profile to switch albums to".

clothahump

OK, changed that, ran all maintenance tools and no errors.
Many thanks for your help Nao. :)

clothahump

When I try to add an album to be used just by Admin I am only given the choice of my member name, am I missing something simple here?

sherwinaval

Hello I've tried installing this mod in my forum, the installation seemed to have went ok. But when I browsed the folder media, it doesn't have any image icons. So I've tried reinstalling, same thing.

I've found out that folders are not actually files are not extracted since the folder does not exist. Instead of folders, a text file (without extension) has been created. So, as a temporary solution, I've deleted all the files and created the folders and uploaded the files manually. So the page went ok. I've tried uploading 1 file, it took a little while. I thought the file was uploaded, but there was no thumbnail and no image. I've looked at the folder and nothing was there. I've tried settings permissions to 777 to folders under album but no success.

Then I uninstalled this mod. The files and folders remained especially the mgal_data. Whatever i do from cpanel, it won't get deleted. Tried it thru SSH and found out that the deepest directory which was Dir_1 have owners of nobody.nobody (maybe that's why i can't delete it). Chown'ed it to proper user and deleted it.

I've also noticed that after installing or uninstalling this mod, it changed the permissions of the folders to 777 and did not change back to what it was (dangerous i think).

Well, I really wanted to have this mod, but unfortunately, it won't let me use it :( I hope somebody could help me out.

I am using SMF 2.0 RC2 with the following mods.
1. Simple Portal
2. Custom Copyright
3. Ad Management
4. Pretty URLs

Thanks in advance

knockout

how can I change the Media title on the menu bar to something else?
thanks.

clothahump

This is really strange, we used to be able to create albums and sub albums for admin's sole use but not any more???

I give up, we have competitions that rely on a Gallery system due 3 days ago, is there anybody around that can suggest a quick fix for this problem please?

Why is this Forum moderated?

Kindred

sherwinaval,

I'd have a talk with your host about ownership and permissions. it sounds like they have the default ownership and the ownership of php created contents all messed up.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Language file!

What's wrong with Media?

Nao 尚

?

You simply need to disable all membergroups.
Admins are allowed to view anything, so you'll still be able to access your album.

Seriously, are you new at SMF...?
(And why create even more topics?)

Nao 尚

Advertisement: