General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drfun

i was wondering what will happen to any forum, using this avae media, which give access for people to upload
pics and video to ones saver when shell is upload, after read an artticle on how SHELL can be uploaded into smf forum
via profile picture. Please is there any threat of such shell working with Avea media.
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

Kindred

first of all, drfun, that "upload hack" was fixed several versions ago in SMF.

Second, Dragooon and then Nao are clean coders. That hack would not work with Aeva.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

smartmouse

Hello, i was looking for Aeva Lite, but i installed Aeva Media that creates new sql tables and alters some existing ones in my database!
I uninstalled it but i didn't get rid of new tables and i can't change the modified tables! How to fix it?
Thank you!

PS: Now i installed Aeva Lite, when i post a link i get the video and its title at the bottom. Do you know how to remove the title?

Kindred

I do not think AeMe changes any existing tables, as for the other ones, if you really care thta much, just go into phpmyadmin and drop them.

as for the display....I think that is part of how the content is imported/displayed from the source.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheListener

Any idea why after successfully installing 1.4 I  get a blank white screen when going into the mods admin section?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

TheListener

Would be surprised if there is one  despite the successful install.

However I did check the admin file as an afterthought.

No edit required there.

smartmouse

Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2010, 01:15:11 PM
I do not think AeMe changes any existing tables, as for the other ones, if you really care thta much, just go into phpmyadmin and drop them.

as for the display....I think that is part of how the content is imported/displayed from the source.

You are wrong. The installer alter som sql tables. Try to install Aeva Media and you can see it.

So, since i'm not an expert in programming and sql databases, and since the uninstaller doesn't fix it, can you tell me how to take the database to the previous status?

Oya

it only chanegs its own tabels it doesnt mess with any smf own tabels

to remove just drop smf_aeva_ tablels

smartmouse

Quote from: Oya on September 10, 2010, 05:34:56 PM
it only chanegs its own tabels it doesnt mess with any smf own tabels

to remove just drop smf_aeva_ tablels
Have you tried to install Aeva Media?!

Here is the output that you get at the end of the installation:
QuoteAeva Media Database Installer
Creating / Updating Tables

* Table smf_aeva_media created.
    * Table smf_aeva_files created.
    * Table smf_aeva_albums created.
    * Table smf_aeva_settings created.
    * Table smf_aeva_variables created.
    * Table smf_aeva_comments created.
    * Table smf_aeva_log_media created.
    * Table smf_aeva_log_ratings created.
    * Table smf_aeva_perms created.
    * Table smf_aeva_quotas created.
    * Table smf_aeva_fields created.
    * Table smf_aeva_field_data created.
    * Altered smf_members table, added field "aeva_items".
    * Altered smf_members table, added field "aeva_comments".
    * Altered smf_members table, added field "aeva_unseen".
    * Altered smf_members table, added field "aeva" (stores user settings).

Initializing settings

* All 50 records have been inserted into the settings table.

Here is a screenshot:

Next time trust me!

Oya

bene a while since i instlaled aeva

to undo go into phpmyadmni and drop thos ecolunms

Kindred

but, I guess the question is: so what?   those tables and columns won't hurt anything if you just leave them

(and no... uninstalling a mod does not remove sql tables. This is ON PUPOSE, because it's often also the way that you upgrade a mod. (uninstall old version, install new version))
Слaва
Украинi

glorycung

I'm really scratching my head on this one. At first I thought it was my hosting service using something like TomCat that doesn't support semicolons as arguments, but I realized all the other pages in SMF forum used semicolons as well.
For the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong, but I've narrowed down the culprit to a single semicolon. Anyways the problem is this page:

index.php?action=media;sa=media;id=40;thumb

gives a HTTP 501 Not Implemented/ HTTP 505 version not supported page. It does not do so, and actually reaches a php generated page on my other hosting service using the same link.

index.php?action=media;sa=media;id=40;thumb

After some trial and error, I've found changing the URL manually to this by changing the semicolon in front of "id" to an ampersand will reach the php page.
index.php?action=media;sa=media&id=40;thumb

Does anyone have any clue of why something like this is occurring? I at first suspected my hosting service did not support semicolons as argument seperators, but after someone pointed out all the SMF pages used semicolons I'm stumped as to why this occurs. Any help/advice is appreciated.

str00py

Quote from: YogiBear on September 09, 2010, 11:55:55 AM
One method is to use {nobbc} tags, str00py, only use [] instead of {}

Thus {nobbc}anysitevideolink{/bobbc}

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 09, 2010, 05:03:18 PM
[nobbc]link[/nobbc]

Yeah I know that, but my members do not, so when they post a link to a YouTube video, it still opens a videoplayer in the topic. :(

YogiBear

str00py, I was wrong. The instructions from Nao are...

"Actually, the bbcode for this is [noembed]. And the easiest way to prevent embedding is to add a space before the link, or put it inside a sentence at any rate. (And make sure "Embed in sentences" is enabled in the admin area.)"
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

smartmouse

Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2010, 01:15:11 PM
Quote from: smartmouse on September 10, 2010, 01:08:49 PM
PS: Now i installed Aeva Lite, when i post a link i get the video and its title at the bottom. Do you know how to remove the title?
What do you mean? I just pasted a simple YouTube link. I want that it displays the video only. Is there any option to change this behaviour?

Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2010, 07:37:12 PM
but, I guess the question is: so what?   those tables and columns won't hurt anything if you just leave them
They hurt me! :D
I will ask to my friend to help me to remove them.
Thank you anyway for your replies ;)

Quote(and no... uninstalling a mod does not remove sql tables. This is ON PUPOSE, because it's often also the way that you upgrade a mod. (uninstall old version, install new version))
Sorry, i don't understand due my poor english. Anyway i think that uninstaller should delete its file and database modifies as well!

MordyT

Roght, this one is a real dozy to me. I recently changed domain names. First thing I did was run repair_settings.php, then I updated the theme paths.
Lastly I went into aeva settings and updated the paths there, but all the pictures appear to be corrupt?
Want to see SMF in action? Head over to RvOClan.info

distante

Video from vimeo stop working with aeva don't? I'm getting this "video" always :

I only can add a vimeo video using html tags :(

~DS~

Quote from: distante on September 12, 2010, 12:41:46 PM
Video from vimeo stop working with aeva don't? I'm getting this "video" always :

I only can add a vimeo video using html tags :(
What version of aeva are you using? Have you tried different vimeo videos? It seem to work on my end...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

distante

I'm using 7.0.706, I just saw that there is and AevaLite version???

I suppose that is my problem .

I will uninstall my version and install the AevaLite 7.1.708

Let's see..

Edit

I don't understand, in Local host the video shows normally, but in the live site it doesn't!

I'm trying using this http://vimeo.com/14493720 :-\

Advertisement: