General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

it should be pointed out that some mods install "cleanly" while others changes the target code (sometimes unnecessarily, as in the case with both ADKblog and articles)

In those cases, the ORDER of installation matters...  unless you are willing to install the failures manually (which is what I usually do... in the process, making sure that the target code is not improperly changed by removing a tab or a space)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Storman™

QuoteIn those cases, the ORDER of installation matters...

Yes I quite agree.

I also needed to work out in which order they were going to be installed as this was also quite crucial.

Angelina Belle

If you can manage it, then install the one that gets updated most frequently last.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Oya

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 22, 2010, 12:28:38 PM
If you can manage it, then install the one that gets updated most frequently last.

theres also a mod for 2.0 that helps you see the order things were installed in

Kat9119

Read through all the posts...can't find my specific question/answer

Using the latest Lite version...

Using this only to embed my own FLV files. How do I change the color of the player? Its silver. I want it black & white

madman71

PROBLEM SOLVED

Running 1.1.11
Aeva 1.3a

Aeva stats:
SMF Version: SMF 1.1.11     PHP Version: 5.2.14
PHP's Safe Mode is disabled, so it won't cause any trouble to Aeva Media. Good thing.
FFMPEG: No
GD2: Yes bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
ImageMagick: Yes 6.2.8 (IMagick: No - MagickWand: No)

I just moved my from one server to another.  The only issue that im having is that uploading images produces this error:

using Imagemagick as my handler i get this:

ImageMagick error:

convert: unable to open image `/home/madman71/public_html/forum2/mgal_data/tmp/tmp_preview_542882148_photo.jpg': Permission denied.

and

ImageMagick error:

convert: unable to open image `/home/madman71/public_html/forum2/mgal_data/tmp/tmp_thumb_542882148_photo.jpg': Permission denied.

and finally this one:

2: filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /home/madman71/public_html/forum2/mgal_data/tmp/photo.JPG
File: /home/madman71/domains/mysite.us/public_html/forum2/Sources/Aeva-Media.php
Line: 634

When i go look at the post, it looks like this:

There appears to be a permission issue somewhere.  I have checked all directories and files and they are the correct setting.  This is on a dedicated host.

Could this permission issue be with ImageMagick not having permission? I mean, im not sure if applications need permission to access certain files or directories, but that's just my guess.

Now when i change my image handler to G2

I get these errors:

2: filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /home/madman71/public_html/forum2/mgal_data/tmp/tmp_preview_17980852_photo1.jpg
File: /home/madman71/domains/site.us/public_html/forum2/Sources/Aeva-Media.php
Line: 634

and

2: rename(/tmp/php5Vm0wO_thumb,/home/madman71/public_html/forum2/mgal_data/tmp/tmp_preview_17980852_photo1.jpg) [<a href='function.rename'>function.rename</a>]: Permission denied
Line: 339

and

2: rename(/home/madman71/public_html/forum2/mgal_data/tmp/tmp_thumb_17980852_photo1.jpg,/home/madman71/public_html/forum2/mgal_data/albums/A/Dir_1/14656_thumb_17980852_photo1_JPG4a7032bffc2998306233c733baa69680_extjpg) [<a href='function.rename'>function.rename</a>]: No such file or directory
File: /home/madman71/domains/site.us/public_html/forum2/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php
Line: 2136

2: rename(/tmp/php5Vm0wO_thumb,/home/madman71/public_html/forum2/mgal_data/tmp/tmp_thumb_17980852_photo1.jpg) [<a href='function.rename'>function.rename</a>]: Permission denied
Line: 339

looks like another sort of permission error

and when i look at the post,it's missing that generic "missing image icon"

before i moved the site, i didnt have Imagemagick installed, i guess it was using the default G2

I dont care which handler that i use, i just need to get this fixed.

any sugguestions?

Oya

yup its still permission issues

the user running the webserver (apache) or the user running imagick commands doesnt have ability to write to those folders

madman71

ahhh, ok. I'll investigate further with those 2 programs.

thanks!

madman71

problem now solved!

I learned something new today.

thanks for the tip,  Oya

Bruno36

Good evening!

I have an error message when I integrate video in a topic
(Integration off, limit reached)
(Intégration désactivée, limite atteinte)
http://www.scooter-chinois-4t.fr/forum/mecanique-et-entretien/changement-galet-sur-scooter-4t-chinois/msg6/#msg6
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Kindred

seems pretty clear... it's not a bug. You have reached the limit which you set for either the number of videos in a single topic/thread, or the number of videos displayed on a single screen.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gamerzworld

Posting a video from Vimeo will result in a "Fatal error: Cannot unset string offsets in /home/gtastunt/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Aeva.php on line 866" PHP error when they click post. It seems to stem from video title lookups. Perhaps the method you use for video title lookups for Vimeo videos has changed? Oh and I also noticed that Imeem is still in the site lists. The site was taken down some time ago.

Loginsvarios

Greetings.

Is there a way to change the name ("Media") of the sections tab?

My forum is in Spanish and I want to change from "Media" to "Galería", by the way the Spanish translation of the official website says "Media" too.

Any help would be appreciated.

YogiBear

There was a post on how to do this but one workaround is to install the mod Custom Tab by Deprecated (Hadesflames and JohnnyCcCcCc have also made extra tab mods) then name it to what you want and use the Gallery's URL so when someone clicks onto that tab it directs them to your Gallery.

Two tabs leading folk to your Gallery can't be bad.  :)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Loginsvarios

Quote from: YogiBear on September 25, 2010, 04:45:16 PM
Two tabs leading folk to your Gallery can't be bad.  :)
I think that would be too much "Gallery" for my users. xD

Any idea about how just rename the original tab?

P.D: Thanks for your answer.

Kindred

all of the strings for Aeva are defined in a language file.... so changing the text should be simple as changing the file
Слaва
Украинi

Loginsvarios

Quote from: Kindred on September 25, 2010, 09:01:20 PM
all of the strings for Aeva are defined in a language file.... so changing the text should be simple as changing the file
I searched the word "Media" in all the files (from the original package and from the Spanish translation package of the official site) and it only appears 2 times:

· In the "install-2.0.xml" file
· In the "Modifications.spanish_es-utf8.php"

I changed it from "Media" to "Galería" (cleaned cache and refreshed with F5)... and nothing changes.

Oya

Loginsvarios: also go to admin / maintenance / routine / empty file cache

Loginsvarios

Quote from: Oya on September 25, 2010, 09:55:21 PM
Loginsvarios: also go to admin / maintenance / routine / empty file cache
Nothing, the tab still remains as "Media"...

I can't believe that such a simple thing could be so complicated.

Bugo

Try find in Subs.php:
(isset($txt['aeva_gallery']) ? $txt['aeva_gallery'] : 'Media')
and replace with:
'Galeria'

Advertisement: