General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drfun

ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

nick_n_ii

Having Mass Upload issues in SMF 2.0 RC4 when using 1.4c

Get this error..

The Flash upload module sent the following error.

Error type: uploadError
Error ID: file0

Error message: [SecurityErrorEvent type="securityError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2049"]
www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Arantor

What other mods? (Specifically, using any of the pretty URLs mods, or with some issue with respect to domains)

nick_n_ii

www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Arantor

nick_n_ii

www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Arantor

http://swfupload.org/forum/generaldiscussion/193 (amazing what searching Google for the error message will tell you)

Read the comments, you have to create a file that tells it to override the default Flash security policy, the comments there tell you how.

nick_n_ii

Thanks I'll look into that..

I did Google the question but didn't find much..
www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Arantor

I did a search on the error code and that was the first result, along with the message about when it first came up in SMG (Aeva Media's ancestor) which points back to that thread...

3mrhythm

just started having mass upload problems too... That link you posted shows that the person having he issue made the changes with no improvement..

her is the error message

www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Arantor

The issue is not part of Aeva's code. It is a Flash error (as you'll note from the link I originally posted, it's nothing the hell to do with Aeva, but a general Flash issue with Flash security policies)

To fix it you have to follow the comments in the topic I posted since that is the ONLY way to fix it.

nick_n_ii

Quote from: 3mrhythm on January 31, 2011, 12:05:30 PM
just started having mass upload problems too... That link you posted shows that the person having he issue made the changes with no improvement..

her is the error message

Download from here and run the repair_settings.php

When you run that file set all to the recommended..

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=663.0
www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

3mrhythm

okay installed and checked and everything was already on the recommended settings.

anything else?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Arantor

Did you create the crossdomain.xml file as the thread I linked mentions?

(And no, this isn't going to be fixed in Aeva, because Aeva can't fix a security issue in a system over which it has no control)

3mrhythm

working on trying that right now :)

do i put it in the forum root folder or in the main root folder?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Arantor

Main root folder. Fairly sure that's explained in the comments in the link I posted.

3mrhythm

didnt say where to put it .. just said on the server.. thanks

will report back in a second!
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

b4pjoe

Mass upload has never worked on a Mac. It looks like the link Arantor posted is for cross domain uploading but I upload to the same domain and on my Mac, using the Mac OS the mass uploader has never worked using Safari, Chrome or Firefox. Using Windows 7 on the same Mac and IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera all work.

Arantor

3mrhythm

Quote?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="www.nhfragswap.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="nhfragswap.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="*.nhfragswap.com" />
</cross-domain-policy>

okay i made a xml file and called it crossdomain.xml and still getting the same error.

also i want to note that the error showing on the avea screen that i screen shot is not showing in the forum error log
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Advertisement: