General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick_n_ii

Quote from: nick_n_ii on February 02, 2011, 01:45:45 PM
New problem:

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /home/nicknii/public_html/forum/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php
Line: 3676

Should I Convert the database and data to UTF-8 to fix this?  Or is there another way?

And the above is after trying to upload a image..
www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

nick_n_ii

More info I only get the issue on single image upload.  Mass upload goes through with out a problem.
www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Arantor

The above issue is the result of an SMF bug, yay. You will need to modify the tables manually in phpMyAdmin.

nick_n_ii

www.adv4x4s.com
SMF 2.0.2
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Arantor

Just about every table in your database. You will need to go into each table in phpMyAdmin, view the structure of each table one at a time, then go through manually converting the collations to the right one (utf8_unicode_ci)

It's time consuming and needs to be done since any other mods you add that use their own tables will be affected too. I will note that this process is documented more than once in this forum if you care to search.

FounderSim

I got a little problem. My users can create Gallery's but they can't upload no images...

I got these permissions checked.
Access Gallery       
Search in Gallery    
Add Albums    
Moderate own Albums    

What is this stuff?
Access unseen area. What unseen stuff? Users private stuff?
Auto-approve Albums/ Auto-approve who's gallery? There own?
View anyone's Gallery profile. If there gallery is private, can still view it?
oRPG Creator - Create Your Own Browser RPG With No Programming!!

tsis_k

Quote from: Arantor on February 02, 2011, 06:52:17 AM
OK, so define 'not playing'. What happens, exactly?

(I mean, would you go to your doctor and say, "I have a pain" and expect him to figure out what's wrong just from that, and reading your mind?)

Uploaded a WMA file into one of the album in my Aeva Media. Click the link/thumbnail to the WMA file. Click the play icon on the media player. Nothing. It's not playing.

Uploaded the same file except in mp3 format. Everything the same. Clicked the play icon and the song starts playing.   

Only thing I notice is the media player is different for WMA and mp3 file.

Arantor

So the media player at least starts and offers you a play button, and doesn't report any errors? What's the encoding, bitrate etc? Is there DRM attached to the file?

micky_2556

hello

iam installing the avea fromsome month ago

andnow i try to upload amovies with my ftp and ut it on my ftp folder on gallery path

and when try to import it

it give me that error

HTTP Error 500

some movies import and other can't import why

FounderSim

Quote from: FounderSim on February 02, 2011, 08:04:55 PM
I got a little problem. My users can create Gallery's but they can't upload no images...

I got these permissions checked.
Access Gallery       
Search in Gallery    
Add Albums    
Moderate own Albums    

What is this stuff?

anybody?

Spuds

QuoteWhat is this stuff?
1) Just like new posts, just for gallery items
2) Auto approve allows creation without moderation approval
3) Pretty much like viewing a member SMF profile but for a gallery.  And if its private they still can't see it (expect for an admin and moderator I think)

FounderSim

Quote from: Spuds on February 05, 2011, 11:18:57 PM
QuoteWhat is this stuff?
1) Just like new posts, just for gallery items
2) Auto approve allows creation without moderation approval
3) Pretty much like viewing a member SMF profile but for a gallery.  And if its private they still can't see it (expect for an admin and moderator I think)

Thanks. I was afraid checking some of them would bypass user's viewing members private galleries. I suppose checking all these will not hurt. =)

YogiBear

@ micky : what other mods do you have installed? Is one of them a chat mod/shoutbox?

What version of SMF are you running?

What version of Aeva are you using? Only v2.0> can support internal embedding hosting.
The whole idea is to be able to upload (using v2.0) directly into Aeva via your forum.
With v1 you enter the URL.

Quotesome movies import and other can't import why

Possibly...

1. the site you're importing from isn't ticked in the Aeva supported site list.
2. Aeva doesn't support that site.
3. The movie owner has disabled remote embedding.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

FounderSim

Houston, there is a problem. I can not view any images on the default media page besides my own and I am admin.

YogiBear

Off the top of my head (lazy bear hasn't been out of bed long) have you enabled thumbnails?

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

rsmini

Hi Guys, I'm running version 1.4c on SMF 1.1.12 and when I click the media button I keep getting this message

QuoteThis copy of Aeva Media has an incorrect path set for the data folder. If you are the admin, make sure it is updated in your settings. Otherwise, contact them and have a good laugh. But not too much, it would be cruel.

As far as I know I am running the correct path.. I have checked the site files in my control panel and it comes up with the same path

Quotewww.mydomain.com/smf/mgal_data

All the files in mgal_data are running 0775 permissions, could that be the problem?

When I try creating an album it takes me to a blank page with the same message as above

I have searched through the thread and can not find a similar question with an answer. I would appreciate some advice please if anyone would be so kind :)

Remember to check the website for the latest info & news on the Mini. -
British Mini Club

Spuds

Make sure that under aeva->settings->configuration that the Data directory path is set to a path, not a url.  It should be something like /home/mgal_data or /home/userid/public_html/mgal_data  ... you can use your control panel to see what the directory is on the server.

rsmini

Remember to check the website for the latest info & news on the Mini. -
British Mini Club

northernbogey

I've installed Aeva 1.4 (b and then c) and am having trouble with permissions. "Moderate own Albums" has a dotted underline and only admin can upload media. Regular users can create their own albums and edit the album data, but not add anything.

It's something annoyingly simple, I know it is, but I can't find it.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a simple cure?

Arantor

Every user experiences this. The cure is really simple, and documented barely a page or so back: Admin > Aeva Media > Permission Profiles.

In there you will find permissions for uploading different types of media.

Advertisement: