News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcaswe

Heres what our screens are looking like, if theyre embedded on your end, then what else could be the problem?

Arantor

I have no idea, but I can tell you it works as expected for me.

mcaswe

I appreciate you looking for some reason the cache was off.

devoetbalkantine

I have a question... I installed AEVA on a brand new 2.0 RC5 package and it doesn't show the AEVA section where I can access all the options. Any idea why?

Arantor

That generally means the file permissions setup isn't quite right because it wasn't able to make the changes it needed to. Aeva isn't therefore installed properly.

devoetbalkantine

Everything has 777 permissions and I didn't get an error during the installation

TheListener

Have you checked the file edits using the parser?

Although there no errors some edits may still be missing.

Arantor

No, you won't. That's one of the problems.

There are sometimes issues, even on 777, where the package manager fails to copy the files and edits across.

devoetbalkantine

Arantor

Not that I know of. It's happened a few times, but we never found exactly what combination of events caused it, though permissions was the only thing we could narrow it down to.

b4pjoe

I've seen this before if your hosting requires certain permissions, like mine that require all folders to be 755 and all files to be 644, and you change them to 777 or something other than what the host requires and do the install.

devoetbalkantine

Arantor

Yes, and as both of us have just said, 777 doesn't always work. Did you try 0755, 0775?

devoetbalkantine

devoetbalkantine

When I install it this time, with 775, it gives me a parse error and I have to manually edit admin.php and subs.php which give the errors.

b4pjoe

That probably means that some other mod has changed the code that the AEVA installer is trying to change. In that case you will need to make the changes manually in those files.

devoetbalkantine

b4pjoe

OK, you have a clean install of RC5? You upload AEVA through Package Manager then click the install button? It lists entries that say Test failed in red? Can you post what the failures say in that screen. By that I mean the actual code it is looking for.

If you have tried to install and un-install all of this before you might have gotten some files messed up. If that is the case you may want to download RC5 and replace all of the files to give you a fresh clean start of RC5.

devoetbalkantine

I didn't get any errors with the installation but I decided to let it go. I just installed the Lite version and will just leave it at that.

agent47

So I installed Aeva Media on my site a few months and it was working all fine and it use to upload images to albums with no problem at all. Recently my entire site was deleted and I had to restore backup and mgal_data directory. So ever since then I'm unable to upload image onto the gallery. All images I upload just display a blue colored icon that looks like the one below and not the image of which I uploaded. Is there a fix for this? Any idea what might be causing this?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

Advertisement: